Mars Exploration...Volunteers Needed

In the SST forum, users are free to discuss philosophy, music, art, religion, sock colour, whatever. It's a haven from the madness of Bulldrek; alternately intellectual and mundane, this is where the controversy takes place.
UncleJoseph
Wuffle Initiate

Mars Exploration...Volunteers Needed

Post by UncleJoseph »

I just joined the Mars Society. While reviewing their news, documents and papers, I came across this.

I would love to participate in this. In fact, I wish I'd gotten that science/engineering background, rather than law enforcement. It was always my dream as a young boy to be an astronaut, but NASA's plan never really excited me, due to its own short-sightedness. Now, with the introduction of privately funded space travel and research, my dreams could have come true if I had that science background.

Not only that, but I don't think I could get the 2 weeks off from work to participate in the research project the article describes. Bummer.
If you take away their comforts, people are just like any other animal.
Moto42
Wuffle Master

Post by Moto42 »

You know that on a trip to Mars they will need at least one cop to keep the researchers in line.
Could make for an interesting game.
Hello, I'm a signature VIRUS!
Copy me to your signature to help me grow.
Crazy Elf
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Crazy Elf »

Oh that's just great, Moto. We finally get Martians, or a semblance of it, and you want to send a cop there to keep the minority in line. Just great.
UncleJoseph
Wuffle Initiate

Post by UncleJoseph »

The movie Outland, with Sean Connery, comes to mind...
If you take away their comforts, people are just like any other animal.
FlakJacket
Orbital Cow Private

Post by FlakJacket »

Well technically he's a Marshal but same difference and a very good film.
The 86 Rules of Boozing

75. Beer makes you mellow, champagne makes you silly, wine makes you dramatic, tequila makes you felonious.