Facebook

In the SST forum, users are free to discuss philosophy, music, art, religion, sock colour, whatever. It's a haven from the madness of Bulldrek; alternately intellectual and mundane, this is where the controversy takes place.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Facebook

Post by DV8 »

I was considering making a Bulldrek Facebook group, but then I realised that there might not be that many bulldrekkers on Facebook. I know Tease is there, but who else is there?
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

Adam Jury, You, Jestyr, Sam, Moulsari and I are the only groupies I know of. I believe Moo just made a page, but I haven't found him yet.
To the entire world, you may be one single person, but to one person, you may be the entire world.
jo_alex
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by jo_alex »

I'm a little confused. Have you created it already (spotted it a few hours ago on Facebook) or not in the end (don't see it now)?
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

I got about halfway before I decided to ask here first.
sinsual
Bondsman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by sinsual »

I have an account on facebook
www.evieshope.com
No infant should have Eye Cancer...
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

I was thinking about it...how is it?
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
jo_alex
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by jo_alex »

It's just another tool to keep in touch with friends. Some applications you can use there are fun.
Marius
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Marius »

heh heh. I forgot about Vralkie
There is then a need to guard against a temptation to overstate the economic evils of our own age, and to ignore the existence of similar, or worse, evils in earlier ages. Even though some exaggeration may, for the time, stimulate others, as well as ourselves, to a more intense resolve that the present evils should no longer exist, but it is not less wrong and generally it is much more foolish to palter with truth for good than for a selfish cause. The pessimistic descriptions of our own age, combined with the romantic exaggeration of the happiness of past ages must tend to setting aside the methods of progress, the work of which, if slow, is yet solid, and lead to the hasty adoption of others of greater promise, but which resemble the potent medicines of a charlatan, and while quickly effecting a little good sow the seeds of widespread and lasting decay. This impatient insincerity is an evil only less great than the moral torpor which can endure, that we with our modern resources and knowledge should look contentedly at the continued destruction of all that is worth having. There is an evil and an extreme impatience as well as an extreme patience with social ills.
Marius

Post by Marius »

heh heh. I forgot about Vralkie
There is then a need to guard against a temptation to overstate the economic evils of our own age, and to ignore the existence of similar, or worse, evils in earlier ages. Even though some exaggeration may, for the time, stimulate others, as well as ourselves, to a more intense resolve that the present evils should no longer exist, but it is not less wrong and generally it is much more foolish to palter with truth for good than for a selfish cause. The pessimistic descriptions of our own age, combined with the romantic exaggeration of the happiness of past ages must tend to setting aside the methods of progress, the work of which, if slow, is yet solid, and lead to the hasty adoption of others of greater promise, but which resemble the potent medicines of a charlatan, and while quickly effecting a little good sow the seeds of widespread and lasting decay. This impatient insincerity is an evil only less great than the moral torpor which can endure, that we with our modern resources and knowledge should look contentedly at the continued destruction of all that is worth having. There is an evil and an extreme impatience as well as an extreme patience with social ills.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Marius wrote:heh heh. I forgot about Vralkie
Of all the non-regulars that showed up, he was probably the most fun. :)
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

I like facebook. It's simpler, but does the trick. And I like that you can see how some people are connected.
To the entire world, you may be one single person, but to one person, you may be the entire world.
sinsual

Post by sinsual »

added myself to the group, my facebook account was started due to a friend from Highschool who wanted me to join up.
www.evieshope.com
No infant should have Eye Cancer...
Sam
Tasty Human

Post by Sam »

DV8 wrote: Of all the non-regulars that showed up, he was probably the most fun. :)
Yes, until you needed to get back to Fox Lake, and he turns in his seat, tells you we're lost, have no fuel, and that he is some sort of hardened criminal, and then lights a blunt.

This part wasn't so much fun ;)
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Another place to keep track of? Deev you bastard.
Screw liquid diamond. I want to be able to fling apartment building sized ingots of extracted metal into space.
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

Sam wrote:
DV8 wrote: Of all the non-regulars that showed up, he was probably the most fun. :)
Yes, until you needed to get back to Fox Lake, and he turns in his seat, tells you we're lost, have no fuel, and that he is some sort of hardened criminal, and then lights a blunt.

Really? That I never heard about...
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
Instant Cash

Post by Instant Cash »

Never heard of facebook, I am so out of the loop.
I want to shoot one of these Church kids and ask them "Where is your god now!"
-Big Jim
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Cash wrote:
Sam wrote:

Really? That I never heard about...
Vralkie and Sam went to do "laundry" and they started driving in a "random" direction, only for Vralkie to say that his car is nearing the end of the fuel reserves and that he doesn't have the foggiest where they are. Hey then proceeds to tell her how he's on probation for beating up his step-dad, and then he lights one up. Personally, I think they were knocking boots somewhere in those grainfields and this is just a silly and unnecessary excuse. :)
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

Going for Merlot?
</font>
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Exactly. :D
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

I wonder what ever happened to that bottle of Merlot I brought to Grand Rapids. It was really worth the look on Eva's face.
Screw liquid diamond. I want to be able to fling apartment building sized ingots of extracted metal into space.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

We drank it. Thanks.
Kitt
Baron of the Imperium

Post by Kitt »

I Facebook. :D
Real life quotes, courtesy of the PetsHotel:
"Drop it, you pervert!"
"Ma'am? Ma'am! You are very round."
"It's a hump-a-palooza today."
"Everybody get away from the poop bucket!"
Sam
Tasty Human

Post by Sam »

DV8 wrote:Personally, I think they were knocking boots somewhere in those grainfields and this is just a silly and unnecessary excuse. :)
...I did eventually get back, and laden with clean washing....and refused to get into any other car for the rest of the trip...and noted your total lack of concern that I was missing for six hours with a felon. :cute
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Sam wrote:
DV8 wrote:Personally, I think they were knocking boots somewhere in those grainfields and this is just a silly and unnecessary excuse. :)
...I did eventually get back, and laden with clean washing....and refused to get into any other car for the rest of the trip...and noted your total lack of concern that I was missing for six hours with a felon. :cute
A felon? Nah, just a bit of a screwed up kid with cool hair. :)
Sam
Tasty Human

Post by Sam »

Can you not trample all over my dramatisation for comedic effect? Jeez. :conf
Heavy_D
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by Heavy_D »

I still would've liked to be at that particuar Gathering....now all of it is like an urban legend for me :/
It's lonely at the top. But it's comforting to look down upon everyone at the bottom.
jo_alex
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by jo_alex »

Same here. :/
Salvation122
Grand Marshall of the Imperium

Post by Salvation122 »

Joined.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Heavy_D wrote:I still would've liked to be at that particuar Gathering....now all of it is like an urban legend for me :/
I agree on that one. Though I'm content with the fact that I was present at the virgin Gathering, aka Destroying Brineshrimp's Home and Reputation more than he already had.
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

Yeah...Fox Lake has nothing on Cash running into the wrong house with a loaded watergun...

10:41 Kai: Ohayou minna
10:42 Adam: ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKER! :)
10:44 Kai: Fuck off, how's that? ;P
10:45 Adam: Much better.
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

Christ....you almost shoot some old lady washing dishes with a water gun and get branded forever. It's not my fault every damn house looked exactly the same. :)
</font>
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Kai wrote:Yeah...Fox Lake has nothing on Cash running into the wrong house with a loaded watergun...
Or jumping a fence only to find big dogs on the other side of it. :)
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

Who did that? I just remember the Moving Fence of Doom?
</font>
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Cash wrote:Who did that? I just remember the Moving Fence of Doom?
You made a bit of an unlucky jump over a fence, and on the other side there were two black dogs. Not sure what type they were, but they were big. You managed a very deft jump back over the fence once you'd spotted those dogs, though. :)
Johnny the Bull
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by Johnny the Bull »

I am a facebook sheep.
--------------------------------------------
No money, no honey
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

DV8 wrote:
Cash wrote:Who did that? I just remember the Moving Fence of Doom?
You made a bit of an unlucky jump over a fence, and on the other side there were two black dogs. Not sure what type they were, but they were big. You managed a very deft jump back over the fence once you'd spotted those dogs, though. :)
Fear is a mightly fine motivator.
</font>
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Okay, what the fuck is a Facebook? And why should I sign up for it?
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Jeff Hauze wrote:Okay, what the fuck is a Facebook? And why should I sign up for it?
Cash wrote:Fear is a mightly fine motivator.
:D
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

:lol

Touche, fine sir! Touche!
</font>
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

Yeah, yeah. I'm a tool.
</font>
Toryu
Wuffle Initiate

Post by Toryu »

I got one of those facebook thingies as well recently.
"What is it about blogs, forums and LiveJournal that just invite stupid fights, Davan? Is acting like an ass a clause in the user agreement?"
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

Jannio got Facebook?! Sweet.
JongWK
Bulldrekker

Post by JongWK »

I have an account.
My country is the world, and my religion is to do good.
-Thomas Paine
Crazy Elf
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Crazy Elf »

Yep, right there with you all, have been for awhile. It's a great way to promote gigs.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

No. I refuse to follow you sheeple. *hides his gmail address, LJ, myspace, and whatever else somebody here has suckered him into*
Iantha
Bulldrekker

Post by Iantha »

*Iantha bleats from her dark corner*
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

I finally gave in, because I realized that, by so seldom checking Animalball, I was missing my dosage of Vitamin Joasia. So I just friended the fuck out of a large number of you. Anyone I missed, please, feel free to invite me.

I don't think I've ever been invited on a social network, come to think of it. I wonder why that is? :lol
Marius

Post by Marius »

Antisocial network personality disorder?
jo_alex
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by jo_alex »

3278 wrote:I finally gave in, because I realized that, by so seldom checking Animalball, I was missing my dosage of Vitamin Joasia.
Wonder which one I would be... one of group B, I guess, since I'm all about fighting with stress and frustration.
jo_alex
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by jo_alex »

Marius wrote:Antisocial network personality disorder?
So, that's the proper name for it? That sounds like a reason I didn't think it made much sense to invite Dennis on Facebook. Surprise, surprise. And look where it led to and how many followed.