What deodorant do you use?

In the SST forum, users are free to discuss philosophy, music, art, religion, sock colour, whatever. It's a haven from the madness of Bulldrek; alternately intellectual and mundane, this is where the controversy takes place.
Serious Paul
Devil

What deodorant do you use?

Post by Serious Paul »

So what deodorant do you use on a regular basis?

I am a Right Guard Sport Gel man myself. I use unscented or lightly scented deodorant.
Instant Cash
Bondsman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Instant Cash »

Can't stand gels.

I use whatever clear stick I can find. Usually Speed Stick.
I want to shoot one of these Church kids and ask them "Where is your god now!"
-Big Jim
jo_alex
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by jo_alex »

Spray - Rexona Cotton Dry mostly.
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

Adidas.
To the entire world, you may be one single person, but to one person, you may be the entire world.
Daki
No-Life Loser

Post by Daki »

Axe. I've been trying the gel and not liking it so I'm going back to the regular stick.
sinsual

Post by sinsual »

For the day, its the Right Gaurd gel

If its for the evening, its Axe Body Spray "Phoenix"
www.evieshope.com
No infant should have Eye Cancer...
Kitt
Baron of the Imperium

Post by Kitt »

I used to be all about the stick kind, mostly secret platinum coz they have the best scents. But then I bought cheap spray on stuff for guard season, and I've discovered that I prefer Suave "24 hour protection".
Real life quotes, courtesy of the PetsHotel:
"Drop it, you pervert!"
"Ma'am? Ma'am! You are very round."
"It's a hump-a-palooza today."
"Everybody get away from the poop bucket!"
JohnnyRico
Wuffle Student

Post by JohnnyRico »

I'm in agreement with Daki, Axe stick all the way.
"I have a conundrum for you. A riddle if you will. What's the difference between you, and malard with a cold? I don't remember how it ends, but your mothers a whore." -"Sean Connery" Celebrity Jeopardy- SNL
Liniah

Post by Liniah »

I never use anti-perperants. I'm not a big sweater. Right now I use Tom's honeysuckle and something. It's one of those Tom's natual products. I don't think it works as well as the last one I had, but when I looked for that I didn't see it. I think they discontinued making the one I used to use. I may try something different next time. But always stick or roll on, never spray. And always the clear-ish ones, never white ones.
<center><font face="monospace" color=#0099FF font size="-1">one more blue sunny day</font></center>
IrnMaidan
Tasty Human

Post by IrnMaidan »

Most of the time degree but lately I've been waking up late so it was whatever I could get my hands on at the moment.
AtemHutlrt
Bulldrekker

Post by AtemHutlrt »

As unscented and cheap as I can find. Usually a generic brand solid, because gel makes me feel like I've got an octopus in a headlock. There are few smells I like less than scented men's deoderant; Old Spice, Axe, whatever, I can't stand them. They're like woodstain mixed with rubbing alcohol. My ultimate goal is to have absolutely no appreciable scent.
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

Atem: Old Spice Red Zone Gel has been improved a lot.

I tend to use Right Guard or Old Spice gel.
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
Bishop
Grand Marshall of the Imperium

Post by Bishop »

Wow, am I the only one here who uses the gel? Right Guard, most of the time, I believe.
Pax Romana, Motherfucker.
Breaker of unbreakable things.
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

Nope...you're not the only one...
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

I'm with Atem on the scent issues, and even more so since I am allergic to many of the artificial color, scent, and etc... additives.
Iantha
Bulldrekker

Post by Iantha »

Adidas. Best. Smell. Ever.
Moto42
Wuffle Master

Post by Moto42 »

There's a guy down the road that makes scented candles for a living, I just run him down and rub his head in my armpits.
Hello, I'm a signature VIRUS!
Copy me to your signature to help me grow.
Gunny
SMITE!™ Grand Master

Post by Gunny »

I'm still looking for a gel I like that doesn't powder white. Degree does and Secret does. There was one that starts with an M and I can't remember what it was called. That was nice shit.
<center><b><font size=1><font color="#FF9900">"Invaders blood marches through my veins, like giant radioactive rubber pants! The pants command me! Do not ignore my veins!" -Zim</font></font></b></center>
Just Pete
Tasty Human

Post by Just Pete »

Don't use any. More exactly - can't use any. They all give me a rash. And in the armpit, that really, really sucks.
_<font color=#5c7898>Run, don't walk, to the nearest exit.</font>

<font color=red>It's funny how lately it seems, that I'm left alone with just my dreams,
and even though my dreams are few; it's funny how they're all of you!
- The Love of My Life</font>
Iantha
Bulldrekker

Post by Iantha »

Gunny wrote:I'm still looking for a gel I like that doesn't powder white. Degree does and Secret does. There was one that starts with an M and I can't remember what it was called. That was nice shit.
Was it Michum? Because my mom SWORE by that stuff and then they stopped carrying it where she lives. She was pissed.
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

I've heard that before about that brand. Crunk.
To the entire world, you may be one single person, but to one person, you may be the entire world.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Uh...you expect me to remember the name of it? Hell if I know. Some kind of funky Gillette gel thing with funny blue colored beads in it.
Screw liquid diamond. I want to be able to fling apartment building sized ingots of extracted metal into space.
Gunny
SMITE!™ Grand Master

Post by Gunny »

Iantha wrote:
Gunny wrote:I'm still looking for a gel I like that doesn't powder white. Degree does and Secret does. There was one that starts with an M and I can't remember what it was called. That was nice shit.
Was it Michum? Because my mom SWORE by that stuff and then they stopped carrying it where she lives. She was pissed.
YES! Michum, Lady Michum!!! They carry it at all the Dominic's here.
<center><b><font size=1><font color="#FF9900">"Invaders blood marches through my veins, like giant radioactive rubber pants! The pants command me! Do not ignore my veins!" -Zim</font></font></b></center>
Crazy Elf
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Crazy Elf »

I use anything without aluminum in it. This typically ends up as tea tree oil or something like that. Then again, Australian brands will be incomprehensible to you guys.
Iantha
Bulldrekker

Post by Iantha »

Crazy Elf wrote:I use anything without aluminum in it. This typically ends up as tea tree oil or something like that. Then again, Australian brands will be incomprehensible to you guys.
The one that I like by Adidas doesn't have any aluminum in it, and it works just as well. Better actually, because I like that it feels better and is easier to wash off than the regular stuff.
AtemHutlrt
Bulldrekker

Post by AtemHutlrt »

Crazy Elf wrote:I use anything without aluminum in it.
Aluminum certainly isn't something you want to put on your breakfast cereal, but, without yet researching it, I doubt there's any risk in this context. I suspect it's like teflon; yes, there is a mild danger if used under conditions that are difficult to reproduce outside of a lab, but, for practical purposes there is no risk. Not even reduced risk: no risk. But I'm curious enough now to look for some studies. Initial data from my medicine cabinet shows that different aluminum salts are used in different types of deoderants, so things might not be cut and dry.
Kitt
Baron of the Imperium

Post by Kitt »

AtemHutlrt wrote:Aluminum certainly isn't something you want to put on your breakfast cereal, but, without yet researching it, I doubt there's any risk in this context.
It affects certain people in strange ways. When I was between the ages of 11-15, I couldn't use anything with aluminum in it, because I wound up extremely ill. Seeing as the only thing that had changed about anything I ate, wore, etc was the inclusion of a new deodorant that had aluminum, we guessed that the problem was with said product. Stopped using them, stopped being sick. After a while, it stopped making me ill, so I assume it was just an odd by-product of being a young teen.
Real life quotes, courtesy of the PetsHotel:
"Drop it, you pervert!"
"Ma'am? Ma'am! You are very round."
"It's a hump-a-palooza today."
"Everybody get away from the poop bucket!"
Tryyng
Bulldrekker

Post by Tryyng »

Speed Stick regular deodorant. There's no point in using anti-perspirant for me - I'll sweat or I won't according to strange rules what man may not know. Hell, most of the anti-perspirants I've used seem to make me sweat more, and they're definately more irritating to my skin. I just accept the fact of sweat, wear a light microfiber overshirt at all times (thank you plastic shirts of power!), and generally attempt to avoid heat + exertion as I'm quite susceptable to dehydration. I also luck out since most females I've known claim my sweat actually smells kinda nice. I think it smells like I need a shower, but I'm not going to argue.

Also, wait, aluminum? Is this common in deodorants / anti-perspirants?
--- Cheddar Sword: +1 sharpness ---
Iantha
Bulldrekker

Post by Iantha »

It is VERY common in deodorants and antiperspirants. You may want to try looking for one without it in the ingredients, just to see how you react. It never hurts to try.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Metal good. Fluffy tree fairy oil bad.
Screw liquid diamond. I want to be able to fling apartment building sized ingots of extracted metal into space.
Eliahad
Squire of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Eliahad »

Damn it! He's not gay!

Incidentally, if I don't use an antiperspirant I sweat like a chimney and wear off any deodorant I may have applied, even the 24/7 variety. I've found that Right Guard Xtreme works just fine for me, even if they can't spell.
Crazy Elf
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Crazy Elf »

AtemHutlrt wrote:Aluminum certainly isn't something you want to put on your breakfast cereal, but, without yet researching it, I doubt there's any risk in this context.
It doesn't look all that good for women, so I'd prefer to keep away from it. I'm not a woman, but I am really pretty.
AtemHutlrt
Bulldrekker

Post by AtemHutlrt »

Crazy Elf wrote:
It doesn't look all that good for women, so I'd prefer to keep away from it. I'm not a woman, but I am really pretty.
Well I guess the day I'm fat enough to have breasts will be the day I switch deodorants. That day will never happen.