Things about you you don't like

In the SST forum, users are free to discuss philosophy, music, art, religion, sock colour, whatever. It's a haven from the madness of Bulldrek; alternately intellectual and mundane, this is where the controversy takes place.
Angel
Bulldrek Pimp
Location: Further from Tubuai Island than any other Bulldrekker, except for maybe Toryu.

Things about you you don't like

Post by Angel »

Is it normal to have something about yourself that you don't care for?

My "thing(s)" would be:

1. When I was in a heterosexual relationship (boy/girl) several years ago, I let myself care enough for him that I didn't let his abusiveness get to me enough to end it quicker. It ended when he ended the relationship by finally becoming physically abusive, how did I ever let it go so far? I hate this about myself, it still bothers me today.

2. I actually jeopardized my health by being stupid enough to lead a lifestyle that made me literally forget to eat, really. I wasted so many potentially healthy days of my life being dumb and not caring for myself properly. Now it's also someone that bothers me, I'm not sure if it's self-hatred or just a big dose of regret that I didn't wise-up sooner.
- member since Sept 13th, 2000
Green-eyed kitten
lordhellion
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by lordhellion »

I'd like to have more ambition than I do. As is, I really care fuck all about the future, which is sad when there's so much I could potentially accomplish if I'd get off my dead ass.
_No one was ever put in a history book for being a great conformist.
Johnny the Bull
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by Johnny the Bull »

I'm too fucking neurotic and obsessed with money to the detriment of other, probably more important aspects of my life.
--------------------------------------------
No money, no honey
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

I worry too much, yet in the same token, am sometimes optimistic to a flaw. Makes me crazy.
To the entire world, you may be one single person, but to one person, you may be the entire world.
Crazy Elf
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Crazy Elf »

I hold onto grudges.

I have trouble associating with people that I believe are below me, which is pretty much everyone.

I'm very arrogant.

I'm manipulative.

I'm a terrible speller.

I read really slowly.

I procrastinate far too much.

Girls drool over my body, but never within sight so I never get laid.

I end up controlling whomever I'm in a relationship with.

I have to be the best at things that I do. I can't accept second best.

I have to be better than everyone.

I'm probably much more insecure than I feel.

I'm far too proud.

I'm very anti-social.

I can't lie to people I respect, and as such will never be with Deadpan Girl.

I could go on.
jo_alex
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by jo_alex »

I tend to judge everyone else by my own standards and the worst part is till someone points it out to me, I don't even notice I'm doing it. Since I often see the world black and white, I'm not the most lenient of judges. Makes me intolerant and too critical. Makes my expectations to be rarely met. But what I don't like most about myself is that I'm much softer and insecure that I pretend I am, meaning I'm way easier to hurt.
Kitt
Baron of the Imperium

Post by Kitt »

I'm belligerent, pigheaded, stubborn, and make poor decisions. (EX: I'm broken, but I insist upon auditioning for West Side Story because it's my favorite show in the world.)

I'm extremely self-involved. I don't care about anyone else's opinon of what I'm doing, especially if it goes against my own.

I'm easily angered. (Read: I get pissed off if someone isn't paying attention and doesn't catch the green light as soon as it turns.)
Real life quotes, courtesy of the PetsHotel:
"Drop it, you pervert!"
"Ma'am? Ma'am! You are very round."
"It's a hump-a-palooza today."
"Everybody get away from the poop bucket!"
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Man my list could easily turn into a debacle, so needless to say some days I'm not so pleased with me. But I always try to recall that in spite of everything I'm angered or upset about that I can continue, that I can over come.
Instant Cash
Bondsman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Instant Cash »

Some of the things off the top of my head...

I am a huge procrastinator.

I am horrible with Money

I am out of shape (working on this)

I have no idea where I want my career to go

I do not debate well

and I am sure there are many more. Really the main thing that I /do/ have going for my is my optomisum and general friendliness towards other people.
I want to shoot one of these Church kids and ask them "Where is your god now!"
-Big Jim
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

I'm a huge procrastinator as well.

I'm paranoid with money...I never think I have enough to be ok.

I'm out of shape (working on this).

I'm stubborn as a mule.

I'm extremely competitive.

I tend to be closed off/hidden. I'm not sure how to explained this, but I tend to only let people see what's immediately on the surface/what's going on.

I can be insecure (really not a problem, I just mentally give myself a kick in the pants and realize that I'm looking at the situation wrong.)
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
TLM
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by TLM »

I procrastinate like it was my job.

I argue a point long after I should've conceded to being wrong.

I jump to conclusions.

I voice opinions as fact and in the heat of the moment, rather than doing what I should and think about it.

I have an odd relationship with money. I do not care nearly enough about it, much to my detriment.

I seek the approval of others far, far too much.

I have severe mood-swings. All nice and happy and confident one day, all gloom and doom and worthlessness the next.
Geneticists have established that all women share a common ancestor, called Eve, and that all men share a common ancestor, dubbed Adam. However, it has also been established that Adam was born 80.000 years after Eve. So, the world before him was one of heavy to industral strength lesbianism, one assumes.
-Stephen Fry, QI
Liniah

Post by Liniah »

I tend to attribute human emotions to inanimate objects. It makes me somewhat neurotic.
<center><font face="monospace" color=#0099FF font size="-1">one more blue sunny day</font></center>
Ampere
Wuffle Initiate

Post by Ampere »

I don't really dislike myself at all. If this is about current things, then I'd say that I'm doing okay. If it's about things in the past...then man, I have a truckload of things I don't like.

Thing is, I like to consider myself a work-in-progress. Not by any means perfect (certainly not) but I do the best I can at any given time, which is all I could ask of anyone. Sometimes I get lazy and then I unfuck myself and get back on track.

Don't have any self-loathing really. What I've done in the past is done. Can't change it, but I can make a note to not do that again. I don't beat myself up over things (well...too much). Anything I don't care for in myself, if it is something I can change (like the spare tire here) is being worked on already, so it's okay.

I don't know if this is considered conceit or arrogance, or whatever.

I just tend to not worry about a lot of things. Self-loathing...I don't have time for it. Just do the best you can and keep moving forward.
Quoth Drunken Master:
"When Colin Powell walks out of your cabinet because of doctrinal issues, you've got problems."
Quoth Moto42:
"Bulldrek, where love and appreciation are accompanied by a volley of gunfire."
Crazy Elf
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Crazy Elf »

Liniah wrote:I tend to attribute human emotions to inanimate objects. It makes me somewhat neurotic.
It would also make you somewhat Japanese. There's a huge trend within Japan to attribute personality to inanimate objects. Cars sell much better when the grill and headlights form a happy face in the country. Many European cars had a grill that made the car look angry, and it didn't gel so well with the Japanese public.

So, you're not completely neurotic.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

I swear, if she comes back from Denmark and likes ugly white cats with bowties and stupid yellow rat-dogs, I'm bombing the fuck out of Europe.
Screw liquid diamond. I want to be able to fling apartment building sized ingots of extracted metal into space.
Liniah

Post by Liniah »

It makes me neurotic, though. It's a large part of why I have trouble thowing things out. It doesn't matter how the thing looks to me. For example, I even have trouble throwing out an old toothbrush because I don't want to hurt its feelings. Neurotic.
<center><font face="monospace" color=#0099FF font size="-1">one more blue sunny day</font></center>