"Don't argue with me!"

In the SST forum, users are free to discuss philosophy, music, art, religion, sock colour, whatever. It's a haven from the madness of Bulldrek; alternately intellectual and mundane, this is where the controversy takes place.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Serious Paul wrote:I'll be sure to spread my impressed-ness to anyone who mentions your name, or who may be thinking about buying something with your name on it.
Wait, what? This person seriously, like, makes something for a living which he tries to sell? Like RPGs? Well, with this kind of word-of-mouth advertising, I expect to see his sales figures skyrocket.

Good luck with PR if this is how you act in public. :lol
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

3278 wrote:Wait, what? This person seriously, like, makes something for a living which he tries to sell? Like RPGs? Well, with this kind of word-of-mouth advertising, I expect to see his sales figures skyrocket.

Good luck with PR if this is how you act in public. :lol
Apparently whatever it is he writes, it's just for friends, and he's not interested in attracting new readers, or customers. Must be his friends and current customers are generous to a fault.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

GMSkarka wrote:Is the porting--over of real-world basic social skills to an internet environment really that hard?
Is the adaptation of your "real-life" basic social skills to the nature of the internet really that hard? Seriously, if you don't want strangers commenting in your journal, screen comments or make your posts friends-only. The reason LiveJournal includes these options is specifically for your desire for an insular conversation. Otherwise, LiveJournal is, by definition, a social networking site, fully intended to encourage socialization between disparate groups of people.

Basic social skills are quite different online versus offline, and they have changed a great deal in recent years. It seems as if you're attempting to force the internet - or your portion of it - to follow your offline rules, to the exclusion of common online etiquette, and even common offline etiquette, without altering your own behavior at all.

Functionally, if you'd like this condition to change, you will need to change, because the entire nature of the site you're using, as well as that of the internet in general, does not follow your desires. So instead of complaining to us about your foibles, take responsibility for your own unique desires and don't let anyone comment that you don't want to.
Ampere
Wuffle Initiate

Post by Ampere »

I'm interested and suprised he (GM Skarka)has come here. In a lot of ways, I'm impressed. This can be a very hard and unforgiving crowd, Paul and 32 being probably on top of that pile. Not necissarily a bad thing, just makes it interesting. Kind of like diving in to a shark-tank or something.

My own opinion is that the livejournal is a tool for keeping in contact with people, maintaining a public or semi-public journal (depending on your privacy settings).

While I don't think it's cool to bombard someone's LJ with vitrol, being a dick and just spewing antagonistic crap all over the place, I do think it's fair to talk and discuss; whether it is an agreement or not (regardless of who a person is friended by). If it's open to anyone to post then anyone can post and you can't really cry about it. If you don't like it, then simply change the post to Friends Only and be done with it. If it is "friends" only already and you are upset about "friends" commenting, then I'd adjust your FL.

Seriously, if someone comes on is just a total dickhole, then yeah, I'd bump him off. But If it's just commentary that is contrary to yours...and you left it open for discussion...well, you asked for it.

My own feelings on THIS particular debacle is that your (GMSkarka) reaction was overboard. Maybe not in removing someone from your FL, but in the assumption of who their friends are, who was involved (Moo), and the retaliatory commentary describing a whole slew of people as fucktards. Of course, in a moment of anger, I may have done the same. I don't know.

That's my 2 cents worth.

Jeff Preston
"Ampere" here on Bulldrek.
"Wolf_in_Exile" on LJ
Resident Hippy and self-proclaimed moderate.
Quoth Drunken Master:
"When Colin Powell walks out of your cabinet because of doctrinal issues, you've got problems."
Quoth Moto42:
"Bulldrek, where love and appreciation are accompanied by a volley of gunfire."
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

GMSkarka wrote:Folks -- I registered specificaly to address this point (ironic, though, that I have to register to post a comment in your discussion....).
First off, welcome to Bulldrek. If we have Anaka and Pistons (Elissa) posting here, then we can't all be that bad. Well, most of us...

I don't see it as ironic either. *shrug*
What those of you who came over to post your contrary views were doing is the equivalent of walking up to a group of friends gathered in a public place (say, a bar, for example) and butting into the conversation.

Yes, it's public. That doesn't however, give you the right.
I'm sorry, but it does. You posted on a public journal without friends locking it or screening the comments. Without either option, you don't have an expectation of privacy. To go back to the bar analogy, there is no real way of saying, "I couldn't help overhearing what you guys were talking about..." If you wanted to keep someone from butting into the conversation, then you could have gone to a private room, a booth away from other people, or gone home and talked in your living room.
You don't know the people who are talking, nor were you invited to participate.
Nope, they don't and they weren't, but again, if you were truly concerned about keeping non-friends list people from commenting/reading (hearing the convo in your bar analogy), then you should have f-locked so only your friends could discuss it. If you didn't want to do that so non-friends could see and read, then disable commenting. Otherwise that's the risk you take: other people questioning, asking, or having dissenting viewpoints.
Is the porting--over of real-world basic social skills to an internet environment really that hard?
What was so horrible about Serious Paul's posts (honestly curious)?
Want to participate? Fine -- introduce yourself, get to know the people talking....just like you would (hopefully) in the real world.
Back to the bar. If I wanted to ask a question about whatever you and your friends were talking about, then I would have to spend the inordinate amount of time getting to know everyone before I could talk to people in the group? It doesn't work like that in the real world and it doesn't work like that on a public blog.
But yeah, I'll fully admit that seeing themoocow listed as a "friend" on your LJ user info doesn't really reflect that well on you, in my opinion, and probably led me to view your posts in the worst light possible.

While we're known by who we associate with, singling out one person on our friends list and assuming we're all scum because you don't happen to like that one person is rather knee jerk.
After having him and his friends calling me "faggot" and the like back during the "Pimp" fiasco, I'm not really likely to view association with him as a positive thing.
I'm curious now...do you have a handy link for that? While I'd love to trawl through years of a person's lj entries, I hear a cancer stick outside with my name on it.
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

Amen, Amp.
Ampere wrote:I'm interested and suprised he (GM Skarka)has come here. In a lot of ways, I'm impressed. This can be a very hard and unforgiving crowd, Paul and 32 being probably on top of that pile. Not necissarily a bad thing, just makes it interesting. Kind of like diving in to a shark-tank or something.
Even the Christians never went willingly into the lions' den. :D

--Cash
you can pretty much guess what my lj user name is by trawling through Moo's or Serious Paul's evil associates...errr, friends list.
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

I just looked over Gareth's corporate page, and wow did he manage to lose some customers. Anything I might have thought about buying from him has gone by the way side. I'm going to ensure that my friends know about him, and his business. I hope to keep as much of our business away from him as possible.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Oh, this is Gareth? Ha. Well, that explains everything.
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

No...please tell me he's not Evan Moore... anything but that.
</font>
Ampere
Wuffle Initiate

Post by Ampere »

Cash wrote:No...please tell me he's not Evan Moore... anything but that.
Oh...my...fucking...god.

I had totally forgotten that guy until now thankyouveryfuckingmuch.

That guy was my first experience in getting ripped off in the RPG industry.
Quoth Drunken Master:
"When Colin Powell walks out of your cabinet because of doctrinal issues, you've got problems."
Quoth Moto42:
GMSkarka
Tasty Human

Post by GMSkarka »

Never mind. I tried to explain where I was coming from. Even admitted to reacting primarily due to the Moo connection. Suggesting that you introduce yourself before participating is, apparently, beyond the pale. I see where it gets me.

Enjoy your OMGBOYCOTT!!!111!!!. I've been hearing noise like that for the 14 years that I've been working professionally in the RPG business, and somehow, folks like you have never been able to prevent me from making a pretty good living doing it.
Ampere
Wuffle Initiate

Post by Ampere »

GMSkarka wrote:Never mind. I tried to explain where I was coming from. Even admitted to reacting primarily due to the Moo connection. Suggesting that you introduce yourself before participating is, apparently, beyond the pale. I see where it gets me.

Enjoy your OMGBOYCOTT!!!111!!!. I've been hearing noise like that for the 14 years that I've been working professionally in the RPG business, and somehow, folks like you have never been able to prevent me from making a pretty good living doing it.
Wow, I didn't think my response warranted THAT.
Quoth Drunken Master:
Quoth Moto42:
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

That was an excellent, mature response to the serious replies people gave you. Thanks for taking the time to consider our words, instead of just completely dismissing us when we didn't agree with your assertion.

Oh, crap. I got that backward. You came here, did exactly what you're complaining about, and then when everyone said, "Hey, dude, it's okay to talk to strangers in a bar; see, we don't mind you doing it," you packed up your toys and went home. Real mature. Very rational. "Never mind," is always a good way to reach consensus. :cute
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

GMSkarka wrote:Never mind. I tried to explain where I was coming from. Even admitted to reacting primarily due to the Moo connection. Suggesting that you introduce yourself before participating is, apparently, beyond the pale. I see where it gets me.
It gets you explaining where we are coming from. Great! Welcome to the painfully honest discussion that is Bulldrek. Ask us sometime about the sock thread.
Cool...you found a job that you love doing and can make money at it. I haven't checked out your website yet (ok, I forgot), but it seems like you're lumping all of us in one pot yet again. We're all different people here with vastly different ideals, opinions, and experiences. Yes, 4-5 of us are posting at the moment, but we are here. Just check out some of the other threads.

Btw, do you have the link to the original Pimp post? At the very least, how about cuttng and pasting here. More than likely, we'll pick up the torch, start a new topic about it, and go on a discussion spree here. We're kind of weird like that.
</font>
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

GMSkarka wrote:Suggesting that you introduce yourself before participating is, apparently, beyond the pale.
I'm sorry, did you introduce yourself? Did I miss that post? Oh wait, that's right you came to preach not communicate.
I see where it gets me.
Well preaching might go over well in church, but around these parts that dog don't hunt.

Enjoy your OMGBOYCOTT!!!111!!!.
I'm glad you're being reasonable, and responding like an adult.

I've been hearing noise like that for the 14 years that I've been working professionally in the RPG business...
Gee, I wonder why? Is it your total lack of people skills? Or perhaps it's your adult like mannerisms?
...and somehow, folks like you have never been able to prevent me from making a pretty good living doing it.
You're right. That was my goal from the beginning. To deny you the creature comforts you've become accustomed to. It was a direct attack upon you and your family, not a statement of how I'd spend my hard earned dollars, and why.

I spend several thousand dollars a year on RPG's, and related materials. I'm glad you're so well of you can afford to scoff at it's loss. I wish I were in a similar position, where I could just treat potential customers any way I'd like, with complete disregard for their possible purchases.

It must be easy being you.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

He came to preach Cash. He'll make an LJ post in the next few days talking about what a bunch of assholes we are, and his close group of back patting sycophants will tell him he's so right, and has been so wronged.

I doubt he'll be man enough to continue posting here. He obviously lacks maturity, and the ability to communicate. (For a writer he should seriously consider investing in a spell checker, and some grammar.)
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

He can try to convert the heathens and so can I. :D

Hopefully he'll dial down the aggro a notch and realize we're not the monsters that he thinks we are. If he starts posting and discussing like a rational person, then I'm all for that. Having new members is great (just ask some of the people that came after the original BD). If he can't play nice and use those people skills, then he can sod off.
</font>
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

True.

I won't be surprised to see him post a "Fuck you guys!" post or two, and then a few LJ posts where he nails himself to a cross or two.

He's that type of queer.
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

Ahhh, you're just jealous because he's bringing sexy back.
</font>
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Serious Paul wrote:He came to preach Cash. He'll make an LJ post in the next few days talking about what a bunch of assholes we are, and his close group of back patting sycophants will tell him he's so right, and has been so wronged.
Oh, he already did that. He blames - get this - the entire forum. Like, two people commented in his LJ, and now we're all one homogeneous lump.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Mark my words. We'll see an LJ entry or a BLog entry about this somewhere, in which Gareth will show my last post as an example, out of context of course (Because that's how his type operates.), of how wronged the poor Gareth was when he drug his cross into this thread.

"I was nailed up for two whole hours!"
Ampere
Wuffle Initiate

Post by Ampere »

3278 wrote:
Serious Paul wrote:He came to preach Cash. He'll make an LJ post in the next few days talking about what a bunch of assholes we are, and his close group of back patting sycophants will tell him he's so right, and has been so wronged.
Oh, he already did that. He blames - get this - the entire forum. Like, two people commented in his LJ, and now we're all one homogeneous lump.
Meh, that was on the 5th. Old news. He was at least starting to talk and discuss here. That seems to have died abruptly.
Quoth Drunken Master:
Quoth Moto42:
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Ampere wrote:Meh, that was on the 5th. Old news. He was at least starting to talk and discuss here. That seems to have died abruptly.
That was him building up to this, posting here. He had to get some confidence. Anyone stupid enough to think Moo presses me into making posts for him is stupid enough to come here thinking he's a cowboy at a square dance.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

I've left a comment, hoping to draw more reasoned discourse, in which I insulted Moo, insulted Paul, and didn't insult Gareth. Hopefully, that will help. Hopefully, it won't get deleted, like Paul's posts. In case it does:
3278 wrote:Why don't you simply friendslock your posts, if you don't want people to comment in them? [Or "piss all over," depending on your idiom.] "Public" has a connotation of, I don't know, publicity. Perhaps "private" is what you seek?

Please, please, don't judge us all by MooCow's standard. Most of us hate him. The last time I saw him in person, I spent several hours speaking at his expense while he was socially trapped into not leaving. [And I'm generally a fairly nice person. Offline, anyway.] Again, I emphasize: not only are we /not/ MooCow, but we don't /like/ him particularly much. Many of us, anyway: we're not a homogeneous lump.

And, of course, please don't feel <a href="http://bulldrek.freespeeech-alpha.com">the forum</a> is the "culprit." That's irrational. MooCow doesn't even, you know, post there. But I do encourage you to enumerate your position there - any of you - particularly since you haven't done a <a href="http://bulldrek.freespeech-alpha.com/vi ... rticularly good job thus far</a>. You can "whack-a-troll" with us, if that's your desire, or you can just speak rationally, as rational people. [Minus Paul, who I suspect is beyond rationality by this point; it would be in error to judge us all by his standard - or mine, or anyone else's.] New users have to be approved, but /anyone/ save blatant spammers is approved, so that shouldn't be egregious.

Better not to discriminate against people based on their group membership, but to judge each according to their merits. That /is/ something you support, isn't it?
That last bit's what cracks me up every time. Like everyone else, discrimination is okay, so long as it's /you/ doing it to people you don't like, and not someone else doing it to /you./
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

So it's too early to tel him about Paul and the Foodloaf?
</font>
Ampere
Wuffle Initiate

Post by Ampere »

I dunno. Paul is pretty vehement once he's been set off (like now), and 3278 always seems (at least in my eyes) to come across flippantly when irritated (like I assume now). Neither of which tends to draw anything but more spewing of crap.

Not like I can really advise baby-talking anyone either.

I dunno. Placing myself in his shoes, I might have been more inclined to discuss rationally if the responses weren't so antagonistic. I'm just playing Devil's Advocate here, but stop for a sec, and look at your posts and tell me if they seem like an invitation to a "discussion" or simply a call out for a flame war.
Quoth Drunken Master:
Quoth Moto42:
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Boosting his confidence might help. I doubt it though.

And while my tone is condescending it isn't angry. I think this guy is a coward, and worse a coward who hides behind the electronic curtain-but that's no where near enough to piss me off.
Ampere
Wuffle Initiate

Post by Ampere »

Serious Paul wrote:Boosting his confidence might help. I doubt it though.

And while my tone is condescending it isn't angry. I think this guy is a coward, and worse a coward who hides behind the electronic curtain-but that's no where near enough to piss me off.
Oh I dunno, you were pretty bent out of shape the other day at one of the other folks around here. You were just in a foul mood that day.

[Note to self: Do *NOT* want to see an "actual" pissed off Paul.]
Quoth Drunken Master:
Quoth Moto42:
Szechuan
No-Life Loser

Post by Szechuan »

This is completely off-topic, but until now I did not realize the extent to which I missed hearing from all of you. I can practically hear my brain getting more flexible!
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Ampere wrote:I dunno. Paul is pretty vehement once he's been set off (like now), and 3278 always seems (at least in my eyes) to come across flippantly when irritated (like I assume now).
No, I'm flippant when not irritated, but when I see something I think is stupid. [When I'm irritated, I'm a complete prick.] Not like it's a huge difference, but I thought I'd clarify.
Ampere wrote:I'm just playing Devil's Advocate here, but stop for a sec, and look at your posts and tell me if they seem like an invitation to a "discussion" or simply a call out for a flame war.
I'm not going to disagree; if someone actually agrees with what he's saying, we're going to look like aggressive pricks. If someone doesn't agree with what he's saying, we look like we're "full of righteous anger," which makes being antagonistic acceptable.

Frankly, I suspect no matter what anyone ever said, there would be no peaceful accord. Gareth's views are so opposed to our own - about openness of conversation, in particular - that conflict was inevitable. That's actually why I've toned down my posts, because I'd rather it not be like that: I'd rather convince him he's either wrong, or is better served by using the friendslock. I'd like to help, either way, but I suspect I won't be able to resist calling him an idiot while I'm trying to help. It's my special flaw.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Ampere wrote:[Note to self: Do *NOT* want to see an "actual" pissed off Paul.]
I've actually fought him. Like, three times. And barely escaped with my life. And he wasn't angry any of those times.

Paul angry - really, genuinely angry - only happens in real life, because he doesn't care enough about what happens online to get pissed about it. It's emotional compartmentalization: Paul will seem pissed, online, but if you talk to him offline, he'll say, "Eh, no big deal." And since I do the same thing, I get that.
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

Amp:

3278's actually playing nice. I'm scared.
</font>
Ampere
Wuffle Initiate

Post by Ampere »

Irritated/ not-irritated...tough to tell. Maybe if folks lived within 20 miles and hung out on a quasi-regular basis it would be different in appearance. I figure most folks aren't going to notice your subtle layers. ;)

No need to agree or not. Just fodder for consideration. (for myself as well)

And I'd have to agree, I don't think it really matters, a confrontation was bound to happen. I'd like to hope otherwise, but my money is on any attempt at some semblance of understanding is doomed to failure. Too much talking, not enough listening (on both sides).
32 wrote: I'd like to help, either way, but I suspect I won't be able to resist calling him an idiot while I'm trying to help. It's my special flaw.
That's usually part of what makes you one of god's special little children. ;)
Quoth Drunken Master:
Quoth Moto42:
Ampere
Wuffle Initiate

Post by Ampere »

Cash wrote:Amp:

3278's actually playing nice. I'm scared.
Yeah, I think he's a pod-person or something.
Quoth Drunken Master:
Quoth Moto42:
jo_alex
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by jo_alex »

Szechuan wrote:I can practically hear my brain getting more flexible!
Yay, glad not to be the only one. ;)
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Ampere wrote:Irritated/ not-irritated...tough to tell.
Agreed! Frankly, I think I sound a lot more irritated when I'm not, because of my semi-formal style. When I'm amusedly irritated, I'm flip, and when I'm really irritated, I swear. It's usually pretty obvious - I think - when I've gotten really frustrated, but that happens thankfully seldom.
Ampere wrote:Maybe if folks lived within 20 miles and hung out on a quasi-regular basis it would be different in appearance. I figure most folks aren't going to notice your subtle layers. ;)
Most of the people I know have known me in-person for, like, 15 years, and I don't think anyone knows me. My "subtle layers" are carefully-crafted means of making certain no one can know too much about me. Information control.
Ampere wrote:And I'd have to agree, I don't think it really matters, a confrontation was bound to happen.
I miss the days when, if someone called us all "fucktards," as Gareth did, we just bombed them into oblivion without any sort of attempt at accord. By the same token, I like that we've grown as people. Sort of.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Szechuan wrote:This is completely off-topic, but until now I did not realize the extent to which I missed hearing from all of you. I can practically hear my brain getting more flexible!
And just think: we haven't gotten started yet. There's only been a couple of really serious conversations thus far, and I can feel my brain starting to become malleable again. Could it be? Could we have a place to challenge ourselves mentally again? That's what I "missed about Bulldrek."
Ampere
Wuffle Initiate

Post by Ampere »

I don't necissarily miss the days of Total War is someone called the collective "Fucktards".
I think everyone has grown up a little and may be able to "converse" more constructively instead of the more destructive manner in which I think it was handled in the "days of old".

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I tend to listen a lot more when I'm not being called an idiot, and am MUCH more likely to absorb what's being said and possibly grow from it.

Something I got occasionally on the old school Bulldrek, but I'm hoping for more of these days.

I don't expect folks coming in like Gareth to really understand what this place is about. He's started off on really the worst possible foot. I would have enjoyed another alternate perspective to add to the mix.

AND IT'S ALL SERIOUS PAUL'S FAULT FOR FUCKING IT UP!!!!ONE111!!

Not really, but it sounded good.
Quoth Drunken Master:
Quoth Moto42:
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

No, no. We can blame Serious Paul. I'm 2,000 miles away and safe. You, on the other hand, are a few hours drive away from him. :smokin
</font>
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Ampere wrote:I don't necissarily miss the days of Total War is someone called the collective "Fucktards".
Well, fuck you, dude! I'm going to find your forum and post pages of smilies to it! How you like that? Fucktard.

Yeah, I like us more when we're all rational, too. But I still miss pointless aggression.
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

Speaking of aggression, what'll happen when Skarka finds Bulldrek Proper? If he thought we were sick now....
</font>
Ampere
Wuffle Initiate

Post by Ampere »

Cash wrote:No, no. We can blame Serious Paul. I'm 2,000 miles away and safe. You, on the other hand, are a few hours drive away from him. :smokin
5.9 hours away. The math has been done. I only need to finish up a few sandbags, prime the mines, and set the headspace and timing on the M2. PLENTY of time!
Quoth Drunken Master:
Quoth Moto42:
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Ampere wrote:5.9 hours away.
Only if Paul drives. Since he's lent me his vehicle [while I wait to fix mine], there's an even chance I'd be driving, which means...oh, about 15 minutes, give or take. ;)
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

I know it's not your vehicle, but the minivan is not a boat. Take the highway instead. :)
</font>
Ampere
Wuffle Initiate

Post by Ampere »

Well crap. Skip the sandbags and all...but the .50 Cal has GOT to be dragged up to the roof emplacement, which'll take 10 min by itself. You mind giving a call before you leave?
:D
Quoth Drunken Master:
Quoth Moto42:
WillyGilligan
Wuffle Trainer

Post by WillyGilligan »

Reality notwithstanding, I feel kind of responsible for this. Which is really ironic, given how non-combative I am.
Those who can't, teach. Those who can't teach, become critics. They also misapply overly niggling inerpretations of Logical Fallacies in place of arguing anything at all.
TLM
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by TLM »

WillyGilligan wrote:Reality notwithstanding, I feel kind of responsible for this. Which is really ironic, given how non-combative I am.
Reality called. It said to tell you that you're not responsible. And it wants its car back.
Geneticists have established that all women share a common ancestor, called Eve, and that all men share a common ancestor, dubbed Adam. However, it has also been established that Adam was born 80.000 years after Eve. So, the world before him was one of heavy to industral strength lesbianism, one assumes.
-Stephen Fry, QI
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Yeah you can't control us, or what we do. Or how we do it. Or that Gareth is a sissy.
WillyGilligan
Wuffle Trainer

Post by WillyGilligan »

I know that, which is why I said Reality notwithstanding. The metaphor that I was thinking when I posted that is this: I'm not the particle that collides with the mass, maybe not even the guy that pushes the button that causes the particle to hit the mass. I was the intern that asked "Wow, I've never seen an accelerator in action; can you show me how it works?"
Those who can't, teach. Those who can't teach, become critics. They also misapply overly niggling inerpretations of Logical Fallacies in place of arguing anything at all.
Iantha
Bulldrekker

Post by Iantha »

Ampere wrote:

AND IT'S ALL SERIOUS PAUL'S FAULT FOR FUCKING IT UP!!!!ONE111!!

Not really, but it sounded good.
No no, I will take the hit for this one. My post to his LJ wasn't necessarily warm and fluffy.