"Don't argue with me!"

In the SST forum, users are free to discuss philosophy, music, art, religion, sock colour, whatever. It's a haven from the madness of Bulldrek; alternately intellectual and mundane, this is where the controversy takes place.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Can I hit that? In the keister?
Iantha
Bulldrekker

Post by Iantha »

Hey! Bugger off! Did you NOT see my 9 ft prehensile cock in the other thread?
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

Ack! My fragile mind and virgin ears!
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
Paul
Tasty Human

Post by Paul »

Virgin? Really?
Kick Rocks
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

Fuck yes.
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

But if I fucked your ears, they wouldn't be virgins anymore.
Screw liquid diamond. I want to be able to fling apartment building sized ingots of extracted metal into space.
Salvation122
Grand Marshall of the Imperium

Post by Salvation122 »

Something similar recently happened between me and Jetplane, except that I was marginally less polite (I quoted South Park). People are dumb.
Iantha
Bulldrekker

Post by Iantha »

Salvation122 wrote:Something similar recently happened between me and Jetplane, except that I was marginally less polite
You fucked his ears?

Or did he fuck yours?
Salvation122

Post by Salvation122 »

Iantha wrote:
Salvation122 wrote:Something similar recently happened between me and Jetplane, except that I was marginally less polite
You fucked his ears?

Or did he fuck yours?
She, and I got banned from her livejournal for saying things she didn't want to hear. I suspect the comment was deleted as well.
Iantha
Bulldrekker

Post by Iantha »

That she was a spoiled little brat that had no idea what real life or real problems were?

That she had no balls to just buck up and take out a loan for one goddamned semester so she can get away from her mom?

That as long as she keeps going like she is she's never going to grow up because she's so goddamned afraid to take a risk?

It wasn't anything like that, right?

...Cause, you know, that would piss her off.

Not that I am disagreeing with you, or anything. She's at Rhodes. With all of her college paid for. With a fabulous GPA and parents who pay for EVERYTHING. And she's so co-dependent that even though she is miserable with life because she hates her parents, she won't step up and make a decision on her own.
Salvation122

Post by Salvation122 »

After about the twentieth post talking about how she was a sex addict - a self-diagnosis - and how she was joining Sex Addicts Anonymous and had to cut off all contact with her old friends and was calling the women in her SLAA group to ask for advice on every matter in her personal life, I posted this bit of South Park:
Man 3: My name is Harry and I'm an alcoholic.
Group: Hi Harry.
Harry: I've been sober now for five years and I I've learned that drinking ice tea and, and getting more involved with my relationship with God is, is, is way more fun than partying.
Woman 2: It it sure is.
Harry: Once I accepted that I was powerless to control my drinking and my life, I I put it in God's hands and now, these meeting are the most fun thing I do.
Man 4: Yeah. [Stan enters the meeting room and walks up towards the front]
Stan: Ah, excuse me, who's in charge here?
Michael: None of us are in charge. We're all powerless.
Group: We sure are. That's right. Uh huh.
Stan: Uh, look, my dad was here yesterday and ...you all kind of messed him up by telling him he had a disease?
Harry: Alcoholism is a disease.
Stan: No it, it's not. And, y-you can't just go around saying stuff like that to people like my dad. He He's kind of, a hypochondriac
Man 2: It is a disease because it's a physical dependency. That makes it a disease.
Stan: No, cancer is a disease. My dad needs to drink less.
Michael: He can't quit by himself. None of us could. He needs divine intervention. Spirituality.
Stan: No, he just needs adisciprine. But thanks to you people, my dad now thinks he has a disease that he can't cure himself.
Michael: Young man, do you know anything about the 12-Step Program?
Stan: Yeah, and I also know a thing or two about cults. I was the leader of one for a while. [he is promptly kicked out] Goddamnit! [walks off]
Six hours later I was banned. The 12-Step Program makes even less sense for her, since she's an atheist. /shrug. She's pretty incapable of dealing with any opposing worldview.
Gunny
SMITE!™ Grand Master

Post by Gunny »

*prances through*

Skarka is a fucktard!

*prances out of the thread*
<center><b><font size=1><font color="#FF9900">"Invaders blood marches through my veins, like giant radioactive rubber pants! The pants command me! Do not ignore my veins!" -Zim</font></font></b></center>
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Sal wins the intrawebz for today. Nicely done, sir.
Screw liquid diamond. I want to be able to fling apartment building sized ingots of extracted metal into space.
Iantha
Bulldrekker

Post by Iantha »

Salvation122 wrote:After about the twentieth post talking about how she was a sex addict - a self-diagnosis - and how she was joining Sex Addicts Anonymous and had to cut off all contact with her old friends and was calling the women in her SLAA group to ask for advice on every matter in her personal life, I posted this bit of South Park:
Man 3: My name is Harry and I'm an alcoholic.
Group: Hi Harry.
Harry: I've been sober now for five years and I I've learned that drinking ice tea and, and getting more involved with my relationship with God is, is, is way more fun than partying.
Woman 2: It it sure is.
Harry: Once I accepted that I was powerless to control my drinking and my life, I I put it in God's hands and now, these meeting are the most fun thing I do.
Man 4: Yeah. [Stan enters the meeting room and walks up towards the front]
Stan: Ah, excuse me, who's in charge here?
Michael: None of us are in charge. We're all powerless.
Group: We sure are. That's right. Uh huh.
Stan: Uh, look, my dad was here yesterday and ...you all kind of messed him up by telling him he had a disease?
Harry: Alcoholism is a disease.
Stan: No it, it's not. And, y-you can't just go around saying stuff like that to people like my dad. He He's kind of, a hypochondriac
Man 2: It is a disease because it's a physical dependency. That makes it a disease.
Stan: No, cancer is a disease. My dad needs to drink less.
Michael: He can't quit by himself. None of us could. He needs divine intervention. Spirituality.
Stan: No, he just needs adisciprine. But thanks to you people, my dad now thinks he has a disease that he can't cure himself.
Michael: Young man, do you know anything about the 12-Step Program?
Stan: Yeah, and I also know a thing or two about cults. I was the leader of one for a while. [he is promptly kicked out] Goddamnit! [walks off]
Six hours later I was banned. The 12-Step Program makes even less sense for her, since she's an atheist. /shrug. She's pretty incapable of dealing with any opposing worldview.
Yeah, that's pretty funy. I've basically stopped commenting in her LJ. If I comment one more time I may say something not nice. And I would rather just not say anything at all.
WillyGilligan
Wuffle Trainer

Post by WillyGilligan »

The bits I've seen from 12 step programs always seemed to make sense to me. It looks like other forms of programming because thats the essence of what they're doing, programming you to overcome this addiction.

Then again, my dad quit alcohol years ago on his own, as far as I could tell. (at least until those lousy doctors told him that wine helps lower your cholesterol. Never mind the bit about ONE glass a day of RED wine versus a bottle of white every day....)

On the other hand, I'm getting a little tired of the sheer amount of psychological self-diagnosis going on out there. My co-worker is convinced that she has Asperger's, after hearing about it for the first time a few weeks ago, and she thinks I might have it too. That's not rational, and I'd like to hear what symptoms make a person think that they have sexual addiction (slowly, with lots of detail, and pictures if possible...), rather than just faulty judgment when it comes to sex.
Those who can't, teach. Those who can't teach, become critics. They also misapply overly niggling inerpretations of Logical Fallacies in place of arguing anything at all.