Apologies

In the SST forum, users are free to discuss philosophy, music, art, religion, sock colour, whatever. It's a haven from the madness of Bulldrek; alternately intellectual and mundane, this is where the controversy takes place.
Adam
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Apologies

Post by Adam »

In order for an apology to be worth anything, it needs to not only express your sorrow over the situation that you are apologizing for, but it also needs to re-state exactly what the situation that caused the apology is [or was], so the person receiving the apology can properly evaluate why they are being apologized to, and if the apologizer has an accurate understanding of what they did wrong.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Agreed. So...was there something up for debate here?
Screw liquid diamond. I want to be able to fling apartment building sized ingots of extracted metal into space.
Adam

Post by Adam »

I would hope not.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

I actually think that's one of the most clever posts I've seen: it's an example which proves itself, while presumably also serving a hidden purpose. Nice.
Jestyr
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Jestyr »

How is it an example that proves itself? Unless I'm just being dense, that would imply you think this is Adam trying to apologise obliquely to someone.
__
Jeff Hauze: Wow. I think Jestyr just fucking kicked my ass.
Angel
Bulldrek Pimp
Location: Further from Tubuai Island than any other Bulldrekker, except for maybe Toryu.

Post by Angel »

Adam, it's okay, I didn't need a public apology.
- member since Sept 13th, 2000
Green-eyed kitten
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Jesus. Did we get to an agreement on an issue in SST in like five posts? Christ, we are becoming old boring fucks.

Adam, you're so fucking wrong. Fucking Canadian.
Screw liquid diamond. I want to be able to fling apartment building sized ingots of extracted metal into space.
Jestyr
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Jestyr »

Jeff Hauze wrote:Agreed.
Neener.
__
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Jestyr wrote:How is it an example that proves itself?
Because, since he doesn't "express [his] sorrow over the situation that [he is] apologizing for" or "re-state exactly what the situation that caused the apology is [or was]," the apology is, indeed, "not worth anything," because no one can "properly evaluate why they are being apologized to."
Jestyr wrote:Unless I'm just being dense, that would imply you think this is Adam trying to apologise obliquely to someone.
That is my impression, yes. If that's not so, it's not so much "clever" as "opaque."
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Wow. I think Jestyr just fucking kicked my ass.

I got the shit kicked out of me by an Aussie (bad enough)...and a girl. I suck something terribly, right now, don't I?

But seriously. I was damn sure at least *somebody* would disagree. It's SST after all. :lol
Adam

Post by Adam »

Latter. Can I still quote you calling my post clever, though? ;)
Jestyr
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Jestyr »

:smokin
__
TLM
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by TLM »

Jeff Hauze wrote:Jesus. Did we get to an agreement on an issue in SST in like five posts? Christ, we are becoming old boring fucks.
Nono, we've mellowed. Not old, mellow!! Not old,d'you hear!? :mad
Geneticists have established that all women share a common ancestor, called Eve, and that all men share a common ancestor, dubbed Adam. However, it has also been established that Adam was born 80.000 years after Eve. So, the world before him was one of heavy to industral strength lesbianism, one assumes.
-Stephen Fry, QI
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

TLM: I would yell at you, but I have to take my Metamucil and watch Golden Girls before my 8PM bed time.
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

I'm sorry that I had too much with your mother, Adam...

oh, and I'm sorry that I just made a mom joke.
_I'm a nightmare of every man's fantasy.
TLM
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by TLM »

*waves zimmer-frame threateningly in Cash's direction* Not old, nabbit!
Geneticists have established that all women share a common ancestor, called Eve, and that all men share a common ancestor, dubbed Adam. However, it has also been established that Adam was born 80.000 years after Eve. So, the world before him was one of heavy to industral strength lesbianism, one assumes.
-Stephen Fry, QI