New job

In the SST forum, users are free to discuss philosophy, music, art, religion, sock colour, whatever. It's a haven from the madness of Bulldrek; alternately intellectual and mundane, this is where the controversy takes place.
JongWK
Bulldrekker

New job

Post by JongWK »

It was a quarter past three in the afternoon here, when the phone rang. I picked it and a familiar voice spoke to me.

Former Boss' Son: "Hey Jong, would you care to visit the magazine in one hour?"
Me: (wary) "What for?"
FBS: "We need your help for this number, plus there might be a solid offer for you."
Me: "Uhm, Ok."

So it turns out they want me as Editor. Payment would be almost three times more than what I used to earn before I quit a year ago (not that I earned too much, but this would be a decent improvement).

Details are still being sorted out. Stay tuned!
My country is the world, and my religion is to do good.
-Thomas Paine
Reika
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Reika »

Much good luck! :)
Eva
Baron of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Eva »

Awesome. What kind of magazine is this?
One time I built a matter transporter, but things got screwed up (long story, lol) and I ended up turning into a kind of half-human, half-housefly monstrosity.
Ancient History
Demon

Post by Ancient History »

Who cares? Go JW!
JongWK
Bulldrekker

Post by JongWK »

Eva wrote:Awesome. What kind of magazine is this?
A weekly entertainment mag. It has everything that will happen next week in Montevideo, plus highlights from the Interior (er, the rest of the country... shows how much of a city dweller I am ;) ). The magazine has like 16 years of existence.

The previous Editor left everything up in the air: no notes, no finished articles, nada. This week's deadline is going to be soooo funny. :shock: :lol:
-Thomas Paine
FlakJacket
Orbital Cow Private

Post by FlakJacket »

JongWK wrote:It has everything that will happen next week in Montevideo, plus highlights from the Interior (er, the rest of the country... shows how much of a city dweller I am ;) ).
Well the place does make up nearly a third of the of the national population or so IIRC.
The magazine has like 16 years of existence.
Oh come on now, don't sell yourself short. I'm sure you can run it into the ground much faster than that. ;)

Congratulations. :)
Brineshrimp
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by Brineshrimp »

Congrats, sir!

It must be something in the air, as I too have landed a new job.

During a time when teaching jobs are scarce (at least in Ohio), I found two. I leave the current job Aug. 5 and start the new one Aug. 23. I can't wait.
This is my signature. Enjoy
God gave us a penis and a brain, but only enough blood to run one at a time.
Caine Hazen
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Caine Hazen »

COngratz to you JK!

And do you mind telling me what school district you're gonna be warping young minds in Brine...so I can warn all my friends with kids
I would be clever and witty here..but that uses brain cycles that are processing your demise....
Brineshrimp
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by Brineshrimp »

Willoughby-Eastlake in Northeast Ohio. Willoughby South High School to be exact.

With students these days, I doubt you have to worry about them. Chances are, they could teach me a thing or two.
Anguirel
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Anguirel »

Brineshrimp wrote:Willoughby-Eastlake in Northeast Ohio. Willoughby South High School to be exact.

With students these days, I doubt you have to worry about them. Chances are, they could teach me a thing or two.
Ohio High School? If I remember my biology rightly, that means they should just entering the "throwing their own poop" stage of intellectuiual development. You'll fit right in, Brine.
complete. dirty. whore.
_Patience said: Ang, you are truly a font of varied and useful information.
IRC Fun:
<Reika> What a glorious way to die.
<Jackal> What are you, Klingon?
<Reika> Worse, a paladin.
<Jackal> We're all fucked.
Brineshrimp
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by Brineshrimp »

Nah, the bastards are past that stage. Damn my luck.
JongWK
Bulldrekker

Post by JongWK »

**Update**

Been working like Hell, but today's Thursday and that means I can relax --weekly deadlines are on Wednesdays (a day that makes Bulldrek look sane by comparison). Still getting used to all my duties, and improving the deadline time (we're still lagging behind the optimum, but it's better than the past week... I hope we fix it soon or I might have schedule problems with University).

Today's July 14. It's Bastille Day in France, but to me it's my father's birthday. He'd be 59 today, having died in a car crash on June 29 of '92 (yeah, these winter weeks are particularly depressing).

I keep wondering at where I would be now if that hadn't happened. A fucked up teenhood and my family's economic woes might have not been there, true, but I suspect I might have never found out about RPGs and you guys.

Yeah, it's that time of the year.

Dad, I miss you.
-Thomas Paine