MJ innocent or what ...

In the SST forum, users are free to discuss philosophy, music, art, religion, sock colour, whatever. It's a haven from the madness of Bulldrek; alternately intellectual and mundane, this is where the controversy takes place.
lorg
Wuffle Master

MJ innocent or what ...

Post by lorg »

So they didn't find Michael Jackson guilty. Agree? Disagree? Sure we have in previous postings concluded that MJ is kind of weird (to put it mildly).

Was it his "star power", complete lack of evidence etc etc that did it?
TheScamp
Wuffle Trainer

Post by TheScamp »

Personally, I don't think it had much to do with "star power". I think it had more to do with prosecution witnesses not testifying how the prosecution expected, and the job that the defense did portraying the kid's mom as a sketchy, scheming con artist.
UncleJoseph
Wuffle Initiate

Post by UncleJoseph »

I think none of the public will ever know what /really/ happened. I think that the verdict came back not guilty because there wasn't enough evidence to substantiate a guilty verdict, or there was enough "reasonable doubt."

With as many cases/allegations that have been brought to against him, I find it hard to believe that people aren't just bandwagoning for some cash. MJ has payed settlements to a few families who have dropped charges/lawsuits in favor of money. Granted, he is extraordinarily weird, but that doesn't conclude he molests children. Neither does a not guilty verdict conclude that he didn't. We'll probably never know, but I won't be surprised if another family files criminal charges or a lawsuit.

Personally, I don't care that much about it one way or another.
If you take away their comforts, people are just like any other animal.
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

I always agree with the jury. If the jury said not enough solid evidence to convict, then I agree an acquittal was proper.

I've never met Mike. I've never met that kid either. And until I do, the only information I'm ever gonna get is from the media - and they're not exactly the best source for always-accurate information. If that big of a jury unanimously agreed on something with that much direct relation to the case, then I agree with em.
To the entire world, you may be one single person, but to one person, you may be the entire world.
Crazy Elf
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Crazy Elf »

Who cares?
Salvation122
Grand Marshall of the Imperium

Post by Salvation122 »

Dude fucks kids.
mrmooky
Wuffle Student

Post by mrmooky »

Meh. I'm neither judge, jury nor executioner. Sure, I care if people were abused, but I don't know if they actually were, so I'll just trust the decision of the people who heard all the evidence, and leave it at that.