T.V. shows of the past.

In the SST forum, users are free to discuss philosophy, music, art, religion, sock colour, whatever. It's a haven from the madness of Bulldrek; alternately intellectual and mundane, this is where the controversy takes place.
Brineshrimp
Bulldrek Pimp

T.V. shows of the past.

Post by Brineshrimp »

So, I was sitting here thinking to myself:

"Self?"

"Yes, George."

"What show from my past would I really like to see again?"

"Good question."

After some thought, I decided upon V. Marc Singer's best role since, well...uh, The Beastmaster. (We'll try and forget Beastermaster 2 and instead pretend it was a Kari Wuher Playboy shoot gone horribly, horribly wrong.)

What about you guys?
This is my signature. Enjoy
God gave us a penis and a brain, but only enough blood to run one at a time.
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

More Firefly ep's. Please. :)
To the entire world, you may be one single person, but to one person, you may be the entire world.
Grifter
Tasty Human

Post by Grifter »

I wouldn't mind watching the old Incredible Hulk-series again. "Don't make me angry, mr McGee. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry." Just waiting for Bill Bixby's eyes to go all funny and knowing Hulk is gonna open a can of whoop-ass on the bad guys would make it worth it. That and the end of episode scene where Banner is walking alongside the highway, trying to hitch a ride, while that melancholy piano-music is playing.
Angel
Bulldrek Pimp
Location: Further from Tubuai Island than any other Bulldrekker, except for maybe Toryu.

Post by Angel »

I'd like it if someone would start pumping out new Babylon 5 episodes again, but only if they could get the original creator/writer involved.
- member since Sept 13th, 2000
Green-eyed kitten
TheScamp
Wuffle Trainer

Post by TheScamp »

More Keen Eddy.
Kitt
Baron of the Imperium

Post by Kitt »

Call me a teeny-bopper, but I still love the original Power Ranger Series, when the Green Ranger was still the Green Ranger or had just barely become the White Ranger. Those guys fucking owned.
Real life quotes, courtesy of the PetsHotel:
"Drop it, you pervert!"
"Ma'am? Ma'am! You are very round."
"It's a hump-a-palooza today."
"Everybody get away from the poop bucket!"
Brineshrimp
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by Brineshrimp »

Kitt wrote:Call me a teeny-bopper, but I still love the original Power Ranger Series, when the Green Ranger was still the Green Ranger or had just barely become the White Ranger. Those guys fucking owned.
You mean the original series? The one where the black ranger was, well, uh, black? Yellow ranger was asian? The green ranger was a martian? Okay, maybe not the last one. What would've completed the theme would've been an American Indian as the red ranger.
This is my signature. Enjoy
God gave us a penis and a brain, but only enough blood to run one at a time.
Szechuan
No-Life Loser

Post by Szechuan »

Brineshrimp wrote:
Kitt wrote:Call me a teeny-bopper, but I still love the original Power Ranger Series, when the Green Ranger was still the Green Ranger or had just barely become the White Ranger. Those guys fucking owned.
You mean the original series? The one where the black ranger was, well, uh, black? Yellow ranger was asian? The green ranger was a martian? Okay, maybe not the last one. What would've completed the theme would've been an American Indian as the red ranger.
You're Irish. You should have been the Green Ranger. :D
UncleJoseph
Wuffle Initiate

Post by UncleJoseph »

Call me a teeny-bopper...
Teeny-Bopper. ;)

Airwolf
Voltron (the lions, not the cars)
Miami Vice
Space: Above and Beyond
Whiz Kids
Other World
If you take away their comforts, people are just like any other animal.
Ancient History
Demon

Post by Ancient History »

Thundarr the Barbarian
Duckman
The Critic
The Outer Limits (new, old ... I don't really care)
Sliders (before they killed the entire original cast)
MacGyver
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

MacGyver
Space:Above and Beyond
Airwolf (not the crappy second version)
Transformers
Voltron
Bab 5 (amen, Angel)
V (maybe redone/reimagined/rewhatever)
SNL (the Dennis Miller and Kevin Nealon Weekend Updaate hosts years)
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
zemookie
Tasty Human

Post by zemookie »

Soap
Friday's

Umm..... *can't think* :plode

Cartman: You can just hang outside in the sun all day tossing a ball around or you can sit at your computer and do something that matters.
sinsual
Bondsman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by sinsual »

Night Court
Werewolf
Manimal

Star Blazers
Robotech 2/3 (Minmei ruined the first Generation)
Johnny Quest (original)
www.evieshope.com
No infant should have Eye Cancer...
Kitt
Baron of the Imperium

Post by Kitt »

Szechuan wrote:
Brineshrimp wrote:
You're Irish. You should have been the Green Ranger. :D
I'm Irish, I should have nailed the Green Ranger. I mean... :aww
"Drop it, you pervert!"
Ancient History
Demon

Kitt wrote: I'm Irish, I should have nailed the Green Ranger. I mean... :aww
Be still, my beating heart.
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

Cash wrote:MacGyver
Hell yeah.
Cash wrote:V (maybe redone/reimagined/rewhatever)
Aww, hell no.

:p
To the entire world, you may be one single person, but to one person, you may be the entire world.
Atragon
Wuffle Student

Post by Atragon »

Transformers
GI Joe
Biker Mice From Mars.
_
Peace through superior firepower!
Thought for the day: Evolving long enough, your spam filter will become a construct emulating your own mind
Atragon
Wuffle Student

Post by Atragon »

Transformers
GI Joe
Biker Mice From Mars.
_
Peace through superior firepower!
Thought for the day: Evolving long enough, your spam filter will become a construct emulating your own mind
lordhellion
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by lordhellion »

Grrr... They re-ran Atragon's post, but none of our shows.

I, too, have to jump on the MacGyver bandwagon, along with Go-Bots (that's right, I went there) and Happily Ever After (which I'm not sure if I've got the title right--it was some shitty little sitcom on ABC in the early 80's that worked on the idea that Snow White, Prince Charming, and the Wicked Stepmother all fell under a curse that made the hibernate until, well, the early 1980's). Oh, and new Punky Brewster's, now that she's super-hot.

Kinda surprised no one pulled for Small Wonder yet.
_No one was ever put in a history book for being a great conformist.
Eva
Baron of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Eva »

lordhellion wrote:Grrr... They re-ran Atragon's post, but none of our shows.
Heheheheh. That's funny. :o)
One time I built a matter transporter, but things got screwed up (long story, lol) and I ended up turning into a kind of half-human, half-housefly monstrosity.
WillyGilligan
Wuffle Trainer

Post by WillyGilligan »

Kinda surprised no one pulled for Small Wonder yet.
That show was the catalyst for my (elementary school) best friend's more obvious mental issues. I'm not sure if he's ever had a real girlfriend.

I saw the actress about ten years ago singing on the 700 Club though. For those that haven't seen it, it's an evangelical Christian show headed up by Pat Robertson.
Those who can't, teach. Those who can't teach, become critics. They also misapply overly niggling inerpretations of Logical Fallacies in place of arguing anything at all.
Anguirel
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Anguirel »

Ok, I can see, like, MacGuyver (which I'm watchign now, you should know - Spike TV is airing it afternoons daily), Airwolf (no Knight Rider to go with it, though?), Night Court and a few of the others, but seriously, what the fuck? You guys all suck. Nowhere have you mentioned the ultimate in awesomeness:

The Muppet Show.

Fucking A. The Storyteller (short-lived Jim Henson show with some very cool stories) would also be cool. I'll second The Critic, and add in The Tick. There's probably others, but I don't want to detract from the main point here... which is:

The Muppet Show.
complete. dirty. whore.
_Patience said: Ang, you are truly a font of varied and useful information.
IRC Fun:
<Reika> What a glorious way to die.
<Jackal> What are you, Klingon?
<Reika> Worse, a paladin.
<Jackal> We're all fucked.
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

Fuck yeah, Ang! Bring back the Muppet Show!
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
lorg
Wuffle Master

Post by lorg »

Ditto!

Naturally I would also like to see the return of Futurama.
Salvation122
Grand Marshall of the Imperium

Post by Salvation122 »

Futurama would be awesome.
Muppet Show and Fraggle Rock, definetly.
Maybe ST:TNG, with the writers from seasons six and seven.
Homicide: Life on the Street. SVU is okay, but it's just not enough Munch.
Seaquest, before they made it completely retarded.
I remember liking Earth 2, but I don't remember if it was actually any good.
I remember liking Space: AaB, too, but I also remember it being rather deeply flawed.

...hmm. I know there are others, I just can't think of them at the moment.
lorg
Wuffle Master

Post by lorg »

Fraggle Rock .. hell yeah! Forgot about that one.

While I like Star Trek as much as the next alien I don't want to see the return of TNG, I rather they just continue to make Enterprise. But the odds of that are well not that good with the cancellation and all. All I can say about Enterprise is that I think it has just become better and better and well most Star Trek shows are not that good in their first couple of seasons and then it finds its place and have 3-4 more seasons before they end, this one will end just when it is finally starting to be good. SUCKS!!

Never really got to see much of Space AaB here, don't have any real fond feelings about it at all. I'd rather see the return of V or well even more so I would like so see a new season of Red Dwarf.
Thorn
Wuffle Student

Post by Thorn »

Earth 2, imo, carries the same caveat as Seaquest - before they made it retarded. Actually, it hadn't quite reached "retarded" yet, but it was getting kinda silly toward the end there. Which was really too bad, because E2 was an awesome show.

And absolutely they should bring back Homicide: Life on the Street. How NYPD Blue managed a bajillion seasons while forcing viewers to look at Dennis Franz's ass, while Homicide got ignored for practically their entire run is beyond me.
_<font color=red size=2>Just wait until I finish knitting this row.</font>
Salvation122

Post by Salvation122 »

They just released the big fuckin' box set of Homicide. Six seasons, $150, which really isn't a bad deal. I imagine it'll drop in a year, at which point it'd be a good Christmas present.
Salvation122

Post by Salvation122 »

lorg wrote:Fraggle Rock .. hell yeah! Forgot about that one.

While I like Star Trek as much as the next alien I don't want to see the return of TNG, I rather they just continue to make Enterprise. But the odds of that are well not that good with the cancellation and all. All I can say about Enterprise is that I think it has just become better and better and well most Star Trek shows are not that good in their first couple of seasons and then it finds its place and have 3-4 more seasons before they end, this one will end just when it is finally starting to be good. SUCKS!!
Time-travelling alien space Nazis, and you think it's getting better?

Really, what they need to do is put Rick Berman in one of those black coffins and shoot the jerk into the sun. The guy just doesn't know how to do a proper Trek; the best he got was the Domion War, which was admittedly pretty good. Voyager was a soap opera that happened to be in space, and Enterprise has episodes (plural!) where a Vulcan turns into a nympho and tries to rape the crew.
I'd rather see the return of V or well even more so I would like so see a new season of Red Dwarf.
One of these days I'll get around to seeing this.
Thorn
Wuffle Student

Post by Thorn »

Salvation122 wrote:Really, what they need to do is put Rick Berman in one of those black coffins and shoot the jerk into the sun. The guy just doesn't know how to do a proper Trek;
At last, an issue Sal and I agree on. ;) I should have known it would be TV that would bring us together....
_<font color=red size=2>Just wait until I finish knitting this row.</font>
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

Hmm. Of everything?

Forever Knight before it got stupid
John Doe
Profiler before it got stupid
The old MTV gameshow Remote Control
Kids in the Hall
Early In Living Color stuff

10:41 Kai: Ohayou minna
10:42 Adam: ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKER! :)
10:44 Kai: Fuck off, how's that? ;P
10:45 Adam: Much better.
DarkMage
Bondsman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by DarkMage »

Hmm let me see
3, 2, 1 contact
Mathnet
Transformers
Carebares (NO I"M NOT GAY)
Umm that show that use to be on nick about the mayian or aztech kid.
Old school seame street before the ruined it with giving elmo that awful show
Special Delivery
Teddy Rusksbin (sp)
Tailspin
Darkwing Duck
Chip and Dales Rescure Rangers
Duck Tales (Woo Woo)
_
What is a friend? A single soul in two bodies - Aristotle
Drive by Ogling
:plode :plode :plode
</hr>
lorg
Wuffle Master

Post by lorg »

Salvation122 wrote:Time-travelling alien space Nazis, and you think it's getting better?
So far all Star Trek series have had a Nazi or Nazi-like episode, it's a classic. In this case (enterprise) they travelled back and allied themselves (or tricked if you will) the Nazis. Compared to the other series Nazi episodes I thought this one was quite good.

But if it is some kind of consolation they say that story arc with the "temporal cold war" is over now, even thou they still have not revealed who "future guy" was.
Really, what they need to do is put Rick Berman in one of those black coffins and shoot the jerk into the sun. The guy just doesn't know how to do a proper Trek; the best he got was the Domion War, which was admittedly pretty good. Voyager was a soap opera that happened to be in space, and Enterprise has episodes (plural!) where a Vulcan turns into a nympho and tries to rape the crew.
I agree that Berman should be let go, he has had his shot at Trek and as far as most fans are concerend he should be shot into the sun. I don't much care for the T'Pol sex episodes either, but this is something that stared quite some time ago. Get som "babe" cause nerd boys like to look at boobies, it was Troy in TNG, Dax in DS9, Seven in Voyager and now it is T'Pol in Enterprise. Yes it is mindnumbingly stupid but it is just one part of the show. Personally I think it has become a lot better over the passing seasons. Season one was kind of weak, it had a few good episodes (including the one that is still the funniest one), season two was somewhat bland, in season three it slowly started improving and now (in season four) I think it was become quite good.
I'd rather see the return of V or well even more so I would like so see a new season of Red Dwarf.
One of these days I'll get around to seeing this.
You never seen Red Dwarf? SMEG! You have really missed out on something.
Szechuan
No-Life Loser

Post by Szechuan »

Remembered a couple more:

Sonic the Hedgehog (the darker CBS version, not the shitty wacky FOX version.)
X-Men
Fucking Batman. The animated series from circa the Mask of The Phantasm run.
Salvation122

Post by Salvation122 »

Szechuan wrote:Sonic the Hedgehog (the darker CBS version, not the shitty wacky FOX version.)
Fuck yes. I never really like the X-Men cartoon, for whatever reason, but those other two are gold.

I think that the SatAM Sonic has actually been picked back up in Britain. Not sure, though.
Szechuan
No-Life Loser

Post by Szechuan »

Salvation122 wrote:
Szechuan wrote:Sonic the Hedgehog (the darker CBS version, not the shitty wacky FOX version.)
Fuck yes. I never really like the X-Men cartoon, for whatever reason, but those other two are gold.

I think that the SatAM Sonic has actually been picked back up in Britain. Not sure, though.
Jenny was hot. Bonnie was a damn whore. :p
TheScamp
Wuffle Trainer

Post by TheScamp »

Cat rules.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

I nominate The Young Ones, and second Bucky O'Hare...

~/When your Righteous Indignation has suffered a hit, and your photon-accelerator is broken a bit.../~
~/If you're losing your mind, and you're having a fit, get that funky fresh rabbit that can take care of it!/~
~/Bucky, Cap'n Bucky O'Hare! He goes where no ordinary rabbit would dare.../~
lorg
Wuffle Master

Post by lorg »

The Young ones was nice ... But I prefer 'Bottom' to that one.
TheScamp wrote:
Cat rules.
I always liked him the least. The cool order is Kryten - Rimmer - Lister - Cat ...
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

Hey I'm with you Sal, never seen V or Red Dwarf or...lets see what else gives people fits....Doctor Who, more than one episode of ST:TNG, any Superman movie, Farscape, Space: Above and beyond, SeaQuest, hmm, think I've probably killed most people by now ;)

But! Did think of something else I want more of, Sci Fi's Invisible Man ruled.

Ancient History
Demon

Married...with Children
Muppet Babies
Ren & Stimpy
Daria
Aeon Flux
Anguirel
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Anguirel »

As long as we're getting into cartoons -
El Dorado: the City of Gold (or something like that - it had a giant golden flying bird a some point)
Pirates of Dark Water
complete. dirty. whore.
_Patience said: Ang, you are truly a font of varied and useful information.
IRC Fun:
<Reika> What a glorious way to die.
<Jackal> What are you, Klingon?
<Reika> Worse, a paladin.
<Jackal> We're all fucked.
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

Dude...Mysterious Cities of Gold...hell yes

Grifter
Tasty Human

Post by Grifter »

Deev wrote:~/When your Righteous Indignation has suffered a hit, and your photon-accelerator is broken a bit.../~
~/If you're losing your mind, and you're having a fit, get that funky fresh rabbit that can take care of it!/~
~/Bucky, Cap'n Bucky O'Hare! He goes where no ordinary rabbit would dare.../~
Oh man, now you've done it!

BravesStarr....BraveStarr....
In a distant time and far away place,
The planet of New Texas floats deep in space.
Sky of three suns, land of precious ore.
The Kerium rush brought outlaws by the score.
BraveStarr... BraveStarr...
Then one day a lawman appeared
With powers of hawk, wolf, puma and bear.
Protector of peace, mystic man from afar,
Champion of justice - Marshal BraveStarr!
BraveStarr...
BraveStarr!
Eyes of the hawk, ears of the wolf.
BraveStarr...
BraveStarr!
Strength of the bear, speed of the puma.
BraveStarr...
BraveStarr!
FlakJacket
Orbital Cow Private

Post by FlakJacket »

DV8 wrote:I nominate The Young Ones
Random piece of trivia, apparently the only reason they had bands in the show was that way it was classed as a variety show so they got an extra fifty pounds or so per episode to help make it. And seconded on the nomination. :)
The 86 Rules of Boozing

75. Beer makes you mellow, champagne makes you silly, wine makes you dramatic, tequila makes you felonious.
Kitt
Baron of the Imperium

Post by Kitt »

Gotta hit up the MTV stuff:
Celebrity Deathmatch
Singled Out
Undressed
"Drop it, you pervert!"
Eliahad
Squire of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Eliahad »

Someone explain to me why Star Trek always has to play around with Time Travel? Is it because an infinite universe isn't big enough?
Chocolate sauce on a buttery nipple. *Bliss*
lorg
Wuffle Master

Post by lorg »

Eliahad wrote:Someone explain to me why Star Trek always has to play around with Time Travel? Is it because an infinite universe isn't big enough?
No idea, one would think that infinite space was large enough but apparently not. Perhaps because it is a "cool" idea.
WillyGilligan
Wuffle Trainer

Post by WillyGilligan »

Eliahad wrote:Someone explain to me why Star Trek always has to play around with Time Travel? Is it because an infinite universe isn't big enough?
Possibly because you can do almost anything without permanent change to the storyline. Or it could be because they like pointlessly convoluted storylines.
Those who can't, teach. Those who can't teach, become critics. They also misapply overly niggling inerpretations of Logical Fallacies in place of arguing anything at all.