New Years Eve!

In the SST forum, users are free to discuss philosophy, music, art, religion, sock colour, whatever. It's a haven from the madness of Bulldrek; alternately intellectual and mundane, this is where the controversy takes place.
FlakJacket
Orbital Cow Private

New Years Eve!

Post by FlakJacket »

With only a little over twenty-four hours to go, it seems that the new year is upon us again. So what, if anything, are people doing to celebrate this year? Am rather happy since I just found out today that I don't have to turn up for work Saturday like I was expecting to have to so can now go to a frinds bash.
The 86 Rules of Boozing

75. Beer makes you mellow, champagne makes you silly, wine makes you dramatic, tequila makes you felonious.
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

Going to a quaint little (well, okay, probably not so little) party here in Grand Rapids hosted by some friends/neighbors, which some of the Bulldrek G.R. crew will also likely be at. Should be cool.
To the entire world, you may be one single person, but to one person, you may be the entire world.
Reika
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Reika »

Locking myself up in my room and possibly going online. I have nothing to celebrate this year.
Raygun
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Raygun »

Fuckin'!
It's all about crystal meth and Gwar. - Hauze
zemookie
Tasty Human

Post by zemookie »

Evildingdong works till midnight so I am chillin at home. He hopes to get out a little early so we can have a late snack of wine/cheese/bread to toast at midnight. That's about it reallly.

Cartman: You can just hang outside in the sun all day tossing a ball around or you can sit at your computer and do something that matters.
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

Spontaneously combusting!
_
Cain is a Whore
Instant Cash is a Slut
Angel
Bulldrek Pimp
Location: Further from Tubuai Island than any other Bulldrekker, except for maybe Toryu.

Post by Angel »

Viennese traditional new year celebration: Walking in the old district (with 500,000 other people), drinking "hot" punch outside, dancing the waltz in front of the Ratthaus.

And kissing my sweetie pie at midnight.

Then.... at 12 midnight (new york time), I' m going to do it all over again while watching the ball drop in NYC on MSNBC, it's just not new years without the ball dropping.
- member since Sept 13th, 2000
Green-eyed kitten
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Angel wrote:Then.... at 12 midnight (new york time), I' m going to do it all over again while watching the ball drop in NYC on MSNBC, it's just not new years without the ball dropping.
There are so many things I want to say in response to that...but I think I'll let Rocco speak for me.

<voiceclass=David Del Rocco>"They can suck my pathetic little dick, and I'll dip my nuts in marinara sauce just so those fat bastards can get a taste of home while they're at it!"</voiceclass>

:D :lol
Screw liquid diamond. I want to be able to fling apartment building sized ingots of extracted metal into space.
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

Uh..absolutly nothing as of right now...

10:41 Kai: Ohayou minna
10:42 Adam: ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKER! :)
10:44 Kai: Fuck off, how's that? ;P
10:45 Adam: Much better.
TheScamp
Wuffle Trainer

Post by TheScamp »

A quiet dinner at home with the lady, consisting of a bottle of prosecco and chapagne risotto.

Then Saturday it's off to Vegas, baby! WOOO!
Anguirel

Post by Anguirel »

Heading out soon to be with family - we're doing our usual Christmas celebration thing late this year (instead of early), so this is a combined holidays trip to visit relatives and enjoy a holiday of some sort together. Probably caroling (because what's a family get together without bad singing) and I know we're doing some presents there. Staying up to midnight, but beyond that... Not sure what we'll be doing, but it'll be fun.
complete. dirty. whore.
_Patience said: Ang, you are truly a font of varied and useful information.
IRC Fun:
<Reika> What a glorious way to die.
<Jackal> What are you, Klingon?
<Reika> Worse, a paladin.
<Jackal> We're all fucked.
Instant Cash
Bondsman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Instant Cash »

TheScamp wrote:A quiet dinner at home with the lady, consisting of a bottle of prosecco and chapagne risotto.

Then Saturday it's off to Vegas, baby! WOOO!
Sweet!

Have fun!

Tonight for me ios downtown partying, then tomorrow (saturday) It is a party at our place. A weekend of drinking, how else? ;)
I want to shoot one of these Church kids and ask them "Where is your god now!"
-Big Jim
Wounded Ronin
Tasty Human

Post by Wounded Ronin »

Cooking. I enjoy cooking.
Ancient History
Demon

Post by Ancient History »

I just ate Chinese, won $30 playing poker with quarters, and am going to enjoy an evening with my extended family. I can look out the window and see snow on the gorund. Tomorrow we have cornbread and black-eyed peas for luck. God, I love vacation. </returns to state of bliss>

P.S. I rarely say this...but I'm pleased to have found a group of intelligent people that put up with me and my weird ways. Thankee. Happy New Years.
Crazy Elf
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Crazy Elf »

I spent it lifting weights, then going to four seperate events that I said I'd be at. Strangely enough, this years celebrations didn't fill me with that intense rage that I typically feel on that night.

Go figure.
UncleJoseph
Wuffle Initiate

Post by UncleJoseph »

Well, let's see...since I worked, I'm posting late. I made the first drunk driving arrest of 2005 at my department at 25 minutes after midnight. Other than that, I was bustin' bad guys and breaking up fights and sorting out domestic assaults, etc. Wish I hadn't had to work though.

Happy New Year everyone!
If you take away their comforts, people are just like any other animal.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Crazy Elf wrote:Strangely enough, this years celebrations didn't fill me with that intense rage that I typically feel on that night.
You're getting old.
Johnny the Bull
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by Johnny the Bull »

Got rip snortingly drunk, got into a fight with some dude at the party I was at and spent most of Jan 1 loudly and vigourously worshiping a porcelain God.
--------------------------------------------
No money, no honey
Crazy Elf
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Crazy Elf »

Deev wrote:You're getting old.
Peter Pan doesn't age.
Angel
Bulldrek Pimp
Location: Further from Tubuai Island than any other Bulldrekker, except for maybe Toryu.

Post by Angel »

Jeff Hauze wrote:There are so many things I want to say in response to that...but I think I'll let Rocco speak for me.
So what's wrong with wanting to partake in a bit of Americana?
- member since Sept 13th, 2000
Green-eyed kitten
mrmooky
Wuffle Student

Re: New Years Eve!

Post by mrmooky »

FlakJacket wrote:So what, if anything, are people doing to celebrate this year?
Same thing I do every year: head down to the Falls Festival and get plastered.
JongWK
Bulldrekker

Post by JongWK »

Whoa... I woke up only an hour ago. :D

- I had a (massive) family dinner and lunch.
- I played History of the World and Amber Diceless RPG with my friends at the gaming pub (yes, I'm a geek).
- I prevented a suicide.

What a weird New Year...
My country is the world, and my religion is to do good.
-Thomas Paine
DigiPrincess
Wuffle Student

Post by DigiPrincess »

In retrospect, I went to a party with my friend (you will know him as Darkalin). It was interesting, but in the end kind of awkward. I almost got in a fight with someone over how obnoxiously ignorant Mikey Moore is. Most of them were anti-establishment hippies. But you know what, they have good things in their heart.

I drank a bit, but was too tired to drink too much...and barely made a dent in the forty bucks of liquor I bought.
"Weasels eat all our mothers."
Anguirel

Post by Anguirel »

Crazy Elf wrote:
Deev wrote:You're getting old.
Peter Pan doesn't age.
Peter Pan is a wussy with a rapier and a distinct lack of chopping goths in half. Ross.
complete. dirty. whore.
_Patience said: Ang, you are truly a font of varied and useful information.
IRC Fun:
<Reika> What a glorious way to die.
<Jackal> What are you, Klingon?
<Reika> Worse, a paladin.
<Jackal> We're all fucked.