Where are you from???

In the SST forum, users are free to discuss philosophy, music, art, religion, sock colour, whatever. It's a haven from the madness of Bulldrek; alternately intellectual and mundane, this is where the controversy takes place.
Caine Hazen
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Caine Hazen »

Wow..when were you down here MooCow?? I work at Bookery in fact... Live right there on Main St a few blocks down from both stores. If you ever come back to town let me know...I got couch space :D
I would be clever and witty here..but that uses brain cycles that are processing your demise....
zemookie
Tasty Human

Post by zemookie »

Reika Wrote:
Nah, it's just overly used, like your mom. ;)

:lol

You're good!

Cartman: You can just hang outside in the sun all day tossing a ball around or you can sit at your computer and do something that matters.
Kitt
Baron of the Imperium

Post by Kitt »

Dedford, NY. Dead center of Suffolk County on LI, with about as much to do as there is in Potsdam...except we can't even go cow tipping.
Real life quotes, courtesy of the PetsHotel:
"Drop it, you pervert!"
"Ma'am? Ma'am! You are very round."
"It's a hump-a-palooza today."
"Everybody get away from the poop bucket!"
JongWK
Bulldrekker

Post by JongWK »

Instant Cash wrote:
JongWK wrote:I live in the Muy Fiel y Reconquistadora: Montevideo, Uruguay. That's in South America, right between Brazil and Argentina (and no, we're not Paraguay). ;)

Oh, that title? We got it from the Spanish when we saved Buenos Aires' ass from the Brits.
I /so/ want to come visit. I have wanted to check out Uruguay since I was in high school.
Really? May I ask why? :roll

Summer's approaching here, y'know. Beaches, no smog, laid-back atmosphere, a fair-sized role-playing community, RPG pubs...
My country is the world, and my religion is to do good.
-Thomas Paine
JongWK
Bulldrekker

Post by JongWK »

Szechuan wrote:
JongWK wrote:I live in the Muy Fiel y Reconquistadora: Montevideo, Uruguay. That's in South America, right between Brazil and Argentina (and no, we're not Paraguay). ;)

Oh, that title? We got it from the Spanish when we saved Buenos Aires' ass from the Brits.
[vc="Homer Simpson"]Ha-ha-ha! Look at this country! You. Are. Gay. Ha-Ha!"[/vc]
Heh, I did see that (dubbed) episode years ago. Only understood the joke when I mentally translated it back to English. :lol
-Thomas Paine
Raygun
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Raygun »

Great Falls, Montana via Garland, Texas (northeast of Dallas), USA.

Big Sky. Quite possibly the most beautiful place on earth. Mountains, wildlife, and an average of six people per square mile, most of them extremely hospitable. Generally free of pretentious bullshit, but distinctly lacking in cultural diversity.
It's all about crystal meth and Gwar. - Hauze
steeltoe1926
Bulldrekker

Post by steeltoe1926 »

Born St. Louis MO

Grew up just out side L.A.

now 30 miles north of Dallas TX
_
Don't go looking for snakes you might find them
Don't turn you'r eyes to the sun you might blind them
Haven't I seen you here before?
No, there ain't no heroes here
Metallica
Instant Cash
Bondsman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Instant Cash »

JongWK wrote:
I /so/ want to come visit. I have wanted to check out Uruguay since I was in high school.
Really? May I ask why? :roll

Summer's approaching here, y'know. Beaches, no smog, laid-back atmosphere, a fair-sized role-playing community, RPG pubs...[/quote]

Cause I heard your beaches kick serious ass, plus of all the South American countries I think that wins out. Now Brazil would also rock but I think that is over done in many of the tourist sections.
I want to shoot one of these Church kids and ask them "Where is your god now!"
-Big Jim
Crazy Elf
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Crazy Elf »

Oz. Melbourne to be more precise. Any more precise and you could take me out with large scale weaponry.
Just Pete
Tasty Human

Post by Just Pete »

Originally Fairbanks, Alaska. For all of two weeks.

Currently Frederick, Maryland.

By way of too damn many places to list here, including all but one United State, and all but one Eastern European Country. I've stepped foot in 'em all, at the very least.
_<font color=#5c7898>Run, don't walk, to the nearest exit.</font>

<font color=red>It's funny how lately it seems, that I'm left alone with just my dreams,
and even though my dreams are few; it's funny how they're all of you!
- The Love of My Life</font>
zemookie
Tasty Human

Post by zemookie »

By way of too damn many places to list here, including all but one United State, and all but one Eastern European Country. I've stepped foot in 'em all, at the very least.
I was thinking of where people are living today. But it is intersting seeing all the places they have lived. I only moved around IL.

Cartman: You can just hang outside in the sun all day tossing a ball around or you can sit at your computer and do something that matters.
Coasini
Tasty Human

Post by Coasini »

I live in Orlando, Florida
Nigga JP
Bulldrekker

Post by Nigga JP »

Born in High Wycombe, the largest town in Buckinghamshire. Coincidentally the town was known for being the furnature capital of the world, much like Grand Rapids was known for being the furnature capital of America at one point.

I live on the outskirts of Grand Rapids in a sleepy little town named Ada. The town was built because of it's intersection of the Grand River and the Thornapple river. This intersection made it a good place for fur trader Rix Robinson to make his home. He traded with the Native Americans who used the rivers for transportation. Years later the site of his house became the headquarters for the Amway Corporation. Amway's World Headquarters are located here, which is about the extent of our claim to fame. Other than that it is a small town desperately trying to keep urban sprawl out of it's center.
Bitches aint shit but hoes and tricks - lick on these balls and suck the dick
JongWK
Bulldrekker

Post by JongWK »

Instant Cash wrote: Cause I heard your beaches kick serious ass, plus of all the South American countries I think that wins out. Now Brazil would also rock but I think that is over done in many of the tourist sections.
Brazil is (somewhat) overrated. Nah, I'm not poking fun at our Portuguese-speaking neighbors. ;)

How about coming this summer (read: X-Mas, January, February)?
-Thomas Paine
Angel
Bulldrek Pimp
Location: Further from Tubuai Island than any other Bulldrekker, except for maybe Toryu.

Post by Angel »

Crazy Elf wrote:Oz. Melbourne to be more precise. Any more precise and you could take me out with large scale weaponry.
What if we got Cash to rub your belly, would you cough up the info then?
Coasini wrote:I live in Orlando, Florida
Hey, Disney's there! :p
- member since Sept 13th, 2000
Green-eyed kitten
Coasini
Tasty Human

Post by Coasini »

Yes, it is. Anyone who ever wants to visit, feel free. I have cats.
Angel
Bulldrek Pimp
Location: Further from Tubuai Island than any other Bulldrekker, except for maybe Toryu.

Post by Angel »

Coasini wrote:I have cats.
See, now if you would have said "I have kittens!" I would have most likely jumped on the first plane to Florida, but... it's just not meant to be...
Green-eyed kitten
Anguirel
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Anguirel »

Kitt wrote:Dedford, NY. Dead center of Suffolk County on LI, with about as much to do as there is in Potsdam...except we can't even go cow tipping.
Hey, Potsdam has Clarkson, and that means Hockey! Though Clarkson still sucks.

Born (very near to, silly hospitals) and raised in Fayetteville, NY - college in Troy, NY and back in Fayetteville now because I suck at job hunting. Thinking about moving to Indianapolis... or Canada... or Japan... or the District of Columbia... or - well, you get the idea. I think I'll probably move, eventually, but I need to find a job or another good reason (read: for the nookie!) before I'm likely to actually do it.
complete. dirty. whore.
_Patience said: Ang, you are truly a font of varied and useful information.
IRC Fun:
<Reika> What a glorious way to die.
<Jackal> What are you, Klingon?
<Reika> Worse, a paladin.
<Jackal> We're all fucked.
Mardi Gras
Tasty Human

Post by Mardi Gras »

born and raised in Lawrence, Kansas

live in suburb of new orelans

jayhawker for life!
<hr>The artist formerly known as Hocus Pocus
Crazy Elf
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Crazy Elf »

Angel wrote:What if we got Cash to rub your belly, would you cough up the info then?
Unless you're talking about <b>cash money</b>, no.
Instant Cash

Post by Instant Cash »

JongWK wrote: Brazil is (somewhat) overrated. Nah, I'm not poking fun at our Portuguese-speaking neighbors. ;)

How about coming this summer (read: X-Mas, January, February)?
If I had the money, I would be there in a heartbeat.
-Big Jim
JongWK
Bulldrekker

Post by JongWK »

Instant Cash wrote: If I had the money, I would be there in a heartbeat.
How much does the ticket cost from where you live? I mean, hotel expenses and such can be obscenely cheap here for foreign tourists.
-Thomas Paine
Instant Cash

Post by Instant Cash »

JongWK wrote: How much does the ticket cost from where you live? I mean, hotel expenses and such can be obscenely cheap here for foreign tourists.
Well going in febuary would cost almost $1200. And I would need to bring Jaded cause there is no way she would let me go alone. :) So that means roughly $2400.

A bit out of my price rnage. :D

I am keeping this idea in mind though for a future trip. :)
-Big Jim
JongWK
Bulldrekker

Post by JongWK »

Instant Cash wrote: Well going in febuary would cost almost $1200. And I would need to bring Jaded cause there is no way she would let me go alone. :) So that means roughly $2400.

A bit out of my price rnage. :D

I am keeping this idea in mind though for a future trip. :)
$1200??? That's insane. I mean... it costs more to go from the US to Uruguay than viceversa? (some airlines offer tickets for less than half of it, I think).

Alternatively, you could find a plane ticket to Buenos Aires (which is serviced by many more airlines, including the cheaper ones), and then cross the river on a ferry.

Or start saving for next year. :D
-Thomas Paine
Instant Cash

Post by Instant Cash »

JongWK wrote: $1200??? That's insane. I mean... it costs more to go from the US to Uruguay than viceversa? (some airlines offer tickets for less than half of it, I think).

Alternatively, you could find a plane ticket to Buenos Aires (which is serviced by many more airlines, including the cheaper ones), and then cross the river on a ferry.

That is very common actually as I have found out through this board.

US ticket prices are way above anywhere else in the world. Flying around Europe is less expensive than flying domestically here in the states as well.
-Big Jim
Sock_Monkey
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Sock_Monkey »

Alberta, Canada - But I range fairly far and wide.
I feel like I'm Han Solo, LDH is Chewbacca, Kitt is Obi Wan Kenobi and we're in that FUCKED UP bar!
Jaded
Tasty Human

Post by Jaded »

Instant Cash wrote:
DV8 wrote:
zemookie wrote:I have alway lived in IL. Started out in Arlington heights, then Roselle, Back to Arlington Heights and now lake in the hills. I know someday me and my boyfriend talked about going to a warmer place. Like AZ or something like that.
Arlington Heights, the most boring neighbourhood in Chicagoland. *shudder*
Oh trust me, believe it or not, there are many worse ones.
Um, like Volo?!? ;)
Angel
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by Angel »

Instant Cash wrote:
JongWK wrote: $1200??? That's insane. I mean... it costs more to go from the US to Uruguay than viceversa? (some airlines offer tickets for less than half of it, I think).

That is very common actually as I have found out through this board.

US ticket prices are way above anywhere else in the world. Flying around Europe is less expensive than flying domestically here in the states as well.
It's true, when I first came to Europe my ticket cost $1,100 (and that was a round trip ticket, one-way costs double that), but if I would have been travelling in the opposite direction (from Europe to America) it would have cost 40% less.

Even with the currency exchange it's cheaper to fly from Austria to America than the other way around.
Green-eyed kitten
FlakJacket
Orbital Cow Private

Post by FlakJacket »

Jaded wrote:Um, like Volo?!? ;)
How can you say that woman? Volo has sod! And a bog even! Oh yeah, and you two. :D
The 86 Rules of Boozing

75. Beer makes you mellow, champagne makes you silly, wine makes you dramatic, tequila makes you felonious.
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

How can you say that woman? Volo has sod! And a bog even!
Not just any sod either, Fresh Sod! And the Bog... God bless the bog.
_
Cain is a Whore
Instant Cash is a Slut
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

Angel wrote:
Crazy Elf wrote:Oz. Melbourne to be more precise. Any more precise and you could take me out with large scale weaponry.
What if we got Cash to rub your belly, would you cough up the info then?
I'm not in Aus anymore...back to the grind in the US. :)
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
JongWK
Bulldrekker

Post by JongWK »

Angel wrote: It's true, when I first came to Europe my ticket cost $1,100 (and that was a round trip ticket, one-way costs double that), but if I would have been travelling in the opposite direction (from Europe to America) it would have cost 40% less.

Even with the currency exchange it's cheaper to fly from Austria to America than the other way around.
How about buying online in Euorpe or some other country? I know my cousin did that for a trip to Europe, perhaps the same could be done in this case.
-Thomas Paine
Angel
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by Angel »

Cash wrote:I'm not in Aus anymore...back to the grind in the US. :)
You were in Aussieville?!
JongWK wrote:How about buying online in Euorpe or some other country? I know my cousin did that for a trip to Europe, perhaps the same could be done in this case.
Before I flew here (waaay back when) I bought my ticket online, but since being here I haven't heard of anybody here buying online. Besides, isn't buying online kinda extra-territorial? Can buying online be in a country?
Green-eyed kitten
Johnny the Bull
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by Johnny the Bull »

Angel wrote:
Yeah, for a brief few hours I got to do shots with the Cashster.
--------------------------------------------
No money, no honey
WillyGilligan
Wuffle Trainer

Post by WillyGilligan »

Yeah, for a brief few hours I got to do shots with the Cashster.
You know, catapult or no, I think dwarf-tossing is still illiegal in most areas.
Those who can't, teach. Those who can't teach, become critics. They also misapply overly niggling inerpretations of Logical Fallacies in place of arguing anything at all.
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

Johnny:: It was a pity I had such a large headache that night (that's why I disappeared early...to go lie down ina dark room)
Angel wrote:
For 2 and a half months.
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
Johnny the Bull
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by Johnny the Bull »

Cash wrote:Johnny:: It was a pity I had such a large headache that night (that's why I disappeared early...to go lie down ina dark room)
I had to drive home that night anyway so it was probably for the best. :)
--------------------------------------------
No money, no honey
sinsual

Post by sinsual »

My current roaming has me in the Valley of the Sun but as to where my roaming has ranged...Think from Baja California to Vancouver to Maine to Key West and back to Baja and everything in between...
www.evieshope.com
No infant should have Eye Cancer...
Instant Cash

Post by Instant Cash »

MooCow wrote:
How can you say that woman? Volo has sod! And a bog even!
Not just any sod either, Fresh Sod! And the Bog... God bless the bog.
There is always that wonderful tourist attraction to bring people needing to hide bodies out. :D
-Big Jim