Half Life 2 pnwzorz my @$$

In the SST forum, users are free to discuss philosophy, music, art, religion, sock colour, whatever. It's a haven from the madness of Bulldrek; alternately intellectual and mundane, this is where the controversy takes place.
Caine Hazen
Bulldrek Junkie

Half Life 2 pnwzorz my @$$

Post by Caine Hazen »

Damn....it so pretty and sooo good. I guess I can finally move Deus Ex down off the top of the stack of FPSers. Surprisingly enough too for have a system that's just over the minimum requirements for the game it runs beautifully @ 1028x768.. which Doom 3 didn't. Even with most things turned up to High on the game. The range of facial expressions that characters have in game is amazing. The first time I met Alyx in game and saw how the face did expressions I almost feel outta my chair. Althought the game is a bit linear (like the original halflife) it stilll is really fun to play. I have put aside almost all other games for this thing...2 days of play and I'm at the 1/2way point too. There's enough game here to last a good 15-20 hours I think. Plus they brought everyones favorite characters back from the first game, which makes the continuity amazing.

On the kinda down side, the Steam install is time consuming and you need a net connection to even play the game. First part is that the game you install is encrypted, so you need to get online to download the decyption code. Then like a MMORPG it validates your licesence key everytime you want to play. I think that the validation can be overridden fo rthe first person game, but you need it if you want to play any multiplayer things including LAN gaming...kinda weird that. But worth the time and money says I!
I would be clever and witty here..but that uses brain cycles that are processing your demise....
BloodHound
Bulldrekker

Post by BloodHound »

Steam is crap! Death to Steam!
------------------------------------------------------------------
If its one thing I learned from Ghostbusters, its that we never cross the streams.
Nexusvoid
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Nexusvoid »

I really don't understand all fo the hate I see for Steam. It seems to be a very vocal minority that has troubles, or just hates it without reason. I've never had a problem with Steam that I wouldn't have had with past incarnations of HL. The biggest problem I /have/ had was the absence of the master server for server lists, and that could have happened even using the old system of ingame server browsing.

Personally, I think Steam has a long way to go, but a lot of potential.
_
lorg
Wuffle Master

Post by lorg »

Never really had any problem with steam either. HL2 was good but as mentioned in previous threads I lost interest and started playing Vampire instead which I thought was better.
Caine Hazen
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Caine Hazen »

Was that a good one? I was gonna pick it up, I used to work with a crew when the last PC Vamp game was out on New Orleans stuff. I kinda missed that crew. Does this Vamp have a multiplayer aspect? I really loved that bit..especially the Game Master element from the last game. Maybe I'll make it next weeks addiction, it'l keep of of SWG for a bit...
I would be clever and witty here..but that uses brain cycles that are processing your demise....
lorg
Wuffle Master

Post by lorg »

No multiplayer, but I think they managed quite well to convey more of vampire RPG feeling then they did in the last game (vamp: redemption) which was basically just one giant hack n slash game where the character was a vampire.

Here you can select your clan, add your point and most quest/side quests have multiple solutions (except some that well are hack n slash). You can take sides in vampire politics etc, etc.

So far the story has been quite good actually, plus it has that replay factor since there are certain things that can only be done by being a member of a certain clan.

There are also some freakin' scary levels where you visit haunted houses and such, I had to take off my headphones just to play it.
Nexusvoid
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Nexusvoid »

HL2 Deathmatch came out last night at around midnight. You haven't seen the Source engine in action until you've played HL2DM. I mean, I killed someone with a toilet. A FUCKING TOILET.
_
FlakJacket
Orbital Cow Private

Post by FlakJacket »

What the hell? A toilet? Okay you have to explain that one.
The 86 Rules of Boozing

75. Beer makes you mellow, champagne makes you silly, wine makes you dramatic, tequila makes you felonious.
Nexusvoid
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Nexusvoid »

There's a weapon from HL2 SP that's been included in DM called the gravity gun. It lets you pick up scenery (desks, chairs, computers, crates, barrels - both exploding and non - toilets, sinks, etc.) and heave it at enemies. It's a very innovative addition to multiplayer especially. Imagine picking up a steel desk and holding it in front of you, deflecting all attacks from your front, then heaving it at someone when their clip runs out. Add in the physics effects and it looks beautiful. The desk will skip, flip and hop depending how it hits the ground and at what velocity it does, and the body will bound and crush the same way.

Brings a tear to my eye. *sniff*
_
Caine Hazen
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Caine Hazen »

You are correct...this is awesome...
Anguirel
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Anguirel »

Nexusvoid wrote:There's a weapon from HL2 SP that's been included in DM called the gravity gun. It lets you pick up scenery (desks, chairs, computers, crates, barrels - both exploding and non - toilets, sinks, etc.) and heave it at enemies. It's a very innovative addition to multiplayer especially. Imagine picking up a steel desk and holding it in front of you, deflecting all attacks from your front, then heaving it at someone when their clip runs out. Add in the physics effects and it looks beautiful. The desk will skip, flip and hop depending how it hits the ground and at what velocity it does, and the body will bound and crush the same way.

Brings a tear to my eye. *sniff*
After hearing about this, I'm waiting for someone to make Gravity Arena (in the spirit of Rocket Arena from Quake 2). Just Gravity Guns and an entire room filled with movable pieces. In fact, make the map of stacked crates and pallets so you can actully change the map dimensions as you play.
complete. dirty. whore.
_Patience said: Ang, you are truly a font of varied and useful information.
IRC Fun:
<Reika> What a glorious way to die.
<Jackal> What are you, Klingon?
<Reika> Worse, a paladin.
<Jackal> We're all fucked.
Salvation122
Grand Marshall of the Imperium

Post by Salvation122 »

I wish my video board didn't suck ass so I could play this.
Caine Hazen
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Caine Hazen »

What do you have, my game runs great at 1024x768 at high settings with a TI 4200.. plus I's only got a 1.3 Ghz processer...not far above the recomended. This game really takes nothing as far as graphics and processing...which surprised me greatly for how great it looks

We need an offical Bulldrek/Dumpshock DM server...for UT 2004 too...
<loves integrated voice clients>
Salvation122
Grand Marshall of the Imperium

Post by Salvation122 »

Radeon Mobile 7500C. Trust me, there's no way it'll run.
FlakJacket
Orbital Cow Private

Post by FlakJacket »

Caine Hazen wrote:We need an offical Bulldrek/Dumpshock DM server...for UT 2004 too...
Camping anyone? :D

The 86 Rules of Boozing

75. Beer makes you mellow, champagne makes you silly, wine makes you dramatic, tequila makes you felonious.
Caine Hazen
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Caine Hazen »

<voiceclass=RvB>
It's a legitement stratagy !!!!
</voiceclass>

for those who don't understand, watch Ep 39 of Red Vs Blue
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

I played this game for two and a half hours night before last and I can't think of a single thing I don't like about it.
Caine Hazen
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Caine Hazen »

AHHHHAHAHAHAHAHA!! another one! Caine_Hazen is my ID in case you wanna add me to your freinds list

we'll see you round deathmatch
lorg
Wuffle Master

Post by lorg »

3278 wrote:I played this game for two and a half hours night before last and I can't think of a single thing I don't like about it.
Since this is the second thread you posted that comment in, what kind of games do you like? If any?

Personally I wasn't crazy about either game (pirates or HL2) but still. I atleast found some entaining value in Pirates.
Van Der Litreb
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by Van Der Litreb »

Read the posts again, lorg.
\m/
Eliahad
Squire of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Eliahad »

I could quote it and add all the italics in the right places if you'd like. Of course, you don't really need to add the italics so that would be both redundant /and/ silly.
Chocolate sauce on a buttery nipple. *Bliss*
Artemis Frog
Tasty Human

Post by Artemis Frog »

Eliahad wrote:I could quote it and add all the italics in the right places if you'd like. Of course, you don't really need to add the italics so that would be both redundant /and/ silly.
Not to mention repetitive and unnecessary.
--
I wish I had a cool sig like everyone else.
*sigh*
Nexusvoid
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Nexusvoid »

So are Caine and I the only ones with Steam IDs here? I'd be more than happy to kick more of you around in CS or HL2DM. ;)

nexus@voidedcreations.com here.
_
TheScamp
Wuffle Trainer

Post by TheScamp »