Hurricanes a message from God

In the SST forum, users are free to discuss philosophy, music, art, religion, sock colour, whatever. It's a haven from the madness of Bulldrek; alternately intellectual and mundane, this is where the controversy takes place.
Anguirel
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Hurricanes a message from God

Post by Anguirel »

I thought this was too cool not to share. Note the copyright info at the bottom - I din't make this and I'm still checking the hurricane paths to see if they're accurate. But it's still kinda funny, and would be really bizarre if accurate.
complete. dirty. whore.
_Patience said: Ang, you are truly a font of varied and useful information.
IRC Fun:
<Reika> What a glorious way to die.
<Jackal> What are you, Klingon?
<Reika> Worse, a paladin.
<Jackal> We're all fucked.
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

It seems to be a bit accurate. I'll have to check on that.
_I'm a nightmare of every man's fantasy.
Reika

Post by Reika »

I'm still looking for the maps myself, but Ivan's is pretty accurate.
Salvation122
Grand Marshall of the Imperium

Post by Salvation122 »

It also ignores that, if I remember correctly, all of those storms were big enough to pretty much eclipse the entire state, regardless of the eye's path.
Buzzed
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Buzzed »

Bush's brother rigged the hurricanes of course. How else do you get billions of federal dollars sent to conservative counties?
_
Anguirel

Post by Anguirel »

Salvation122 wrote:It also ignores that, if I remember correctly, all of those storms were big enough to pretty much eclipse the entire state, regardless of the eye's path.
Well, yeah, but the dodges made are pretty funky - particularly Frances dodging between St. Lucie and Palm Beach. You gotta admit, it's at least a little eerie. If I were a God-fearin' man, I might take it as a sign...
complete. dirty. whore.
IRC Fun:
Buzzed
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Buzzed »

If you were a Clinton lover and the paths of the hurricanes hit only democratic counties during Clinton's adminstration, would you take it as a sign? Probobly not.
_
mrmooky
Wuffle Student

Post by mrmooky »

No, but it would be worth starting a silly thread about.
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

That's ok. Some of us got the humor.
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
God
Tasty Human

Post by God »

It's not a joke, you fucking midget. Vote for Bush and I'll BLOW UP YOUR FUCKING HOUSE! I was going to set the fucker on fire, but I've already set a bush on fire. That was the old me. I get to kill a lot more people doing it this way!
Anguirel

Post by Anguirel »

Buzzed wrote:If you were a Clinton lover and the paths of the hurricanes hit only democratic counties during Clinton's adminstration, would you take it as a sign? Probobly not.
Well, no, because I'm an agnostic at best on my most believerly days. See signs like this only work for people who believe that signs actually exist and that forces of nature are in anyway related to, say, temporal politics. That means this is great propaganda against Bush who can claim the religious right amongst his supporters, but probably would've been a lot less effective against Clinton, Gore, or Kerry. And it's still funny. It's like God is bowling for Bush-voters...
complete. dirty. whore.
IRC Fun:
crone
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by crone »

Snopes:
Hurricane Ivan hit the western edge of the Florida panhandle, an area that generally votes Republican, so the counties primarily affected by it (Escambia, Santa Rosa, Okaloosa and Bay counties) were indeed all ones that had gone for Bush in 2000. But the map also shows Hurricane Charley as skipping right by the Democratic counties of Osceola, Orange, and Volusia, even though the Florida State Emergency Operations Center indicated that it hit all of them.

Likewise, local news reports detailed the damage done to the Democratic county of St. Lucie by Hurricane Frances
Gunny
SMITE!™ Grand Master

Post by Gunny »

And here comes hurricane Jeanne. I wonder which side of the political spectrum this hurricane dislikes...
<center><b><font size=1><font color="#FF9900">"Invaders blood marches through my veins, like giant radioactive rubber pants! The pants command me! Do not ignore my veins!" -Zim</font></font></b></center>
Just Pete
Tasty Human

Post by Just Pete »

She keeps switching directions. Must like Kerry....
_<font color=#5c7898>Run, don't walk, to the nearest exit.</font>

<font color=red>It's funny how lately it seems, that I'm left alone with just my dreams,
and even though my dreams are few; it's funny how they're all of you!
- The Love of My Life</font>
Nigga JP
Bulldrekker

Post by Nigga JP »

crone wrote:Snopes:
Hurricane Ivan hit the western edge of the Florida panhandle, an area that generally votes Republican, so the counties primarily affected by it (Escambia, Santa Rosa, Okaloosa and Bay counties) were indeed all ones that had gone for Bush in 2000. But the map also shows Hurricane Charley as skipping right by the Democratic counties of Osceola, Orange, and Volusia, even though the Florida State Emergency Operations Center indicated that it hit all of them.

Likewise, local news reports detailed the damage done to the Democratic county of St. Lucie by Hurricane Frances
I don't know what counts as being hit, but where I live in Palm Beach County and there were lots of downed trees (ever single road I have driven on around my house) - lots of neighbors had trees fall on cars and houses, and we were without power for about 7 days. We are REALLY not looking foward to this with the amount of debris all over the place. It still looks "like a hurricane passed through" wherever I drive. South Florida sucks!!