So....what do you drink?

In the SST forum, users are free to discuss philosophy, music, art, religion, sock colour, whatever. It's a haven from the madness of Bulldrek; alternately intellectual and mundane, this is where the controversy takes place.
Bishop
Grand Marshall of the Imperium

So....what do you drink?

Post by Bishop »

Spawned from Ghotty's birthday topic.

What do you drink? And how? (And I do not mean what orifice, or what kind of glass, if any, you drink it out of.) I mean, do you use flavor enhancers? Use mixed drinks? Straight?

Me? Killian's. I prefer draft, much smoother. Or pretty much any kind of whiskey, rum, vodka. And tequilia.
Pax Romana, Motherfucker.
Breaker of unbreakable things.
TheScamp
Wuffle Trainer

Post by TheScamp »

Killians, or other reds, draft is always better. Some Corona with lime in the summer.
'ritas.
Jack and Ginger
Scotch
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

Beer: Guinesse
Foofta Drinks: Smirnov Twist Sour Apple, Mike's Hard Lime.
Mixed: Captain and Coke, Cranberry Vodka, Red Bull Vodka.
Shots: Screaming Nazi, Three Wise Men
_
Cain is a Whore
Instant Cash is a Slut
Eva
Baron of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Eva »

Beer: no, thanks.
Girli drinks: rosé in the summer, white wine whenever. Cosmos, seabreezes, anything with Absolut Vanilla.
Shots: whatever's around.
No-nos: tequila, rum, Apfelkorn, jenever, Pisang Ambon [all due to hang-overs]
One time I built a matter transporter, but things got screwed up (long story, lol) and I ended up turning into a kind of half-human, half-housefly monstrosity.
Johnny the Bull
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by Johnny the Bull »

My drink of choice is a decent wheat beer like Hoegaarden or Schnider Wiesse. Failing that a Czech or German pilsner. Aside from that, I'll try any beer I see a couple of times just to widen my horizons.

As for session beers, I stick to stuff like New Brown, Tetley's Pub Ale or Guiness - perhaps a pint of Stella if it's cheap.

Wine: I'm not a huge wine buff - getting better but the knowledge isn't too great - but I do like the odd bottle of brown brothers S.C. or S.B. The chardonay gives me the shits (not literally).

Spirits: Tequila out of the bottle or Scotch neat.
--------------------------------------------
No money, no honey
Daki
No-Life Loser

Post by Daki »

In some random order as they occur to me:

Vodka
Straight: Effen or Star of Russia
Mixed: Kamikazee, or almost ANY type of martini

Rum
Straight: Almost never
Mixed: Almost anything.

Beer
Ugh. Hate the beer, but like the Bacardi and Smirnoff mixers. Oh, and Zima too.

Other
Jaeger Bombs!
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

and Zima too
Only Daki can admit this and not get beaten up for it. :D
_
Cain is a Whore
Instant Cash is a Slut
Daki
No-Life Loser

Post by Daki »

MooCow wrote:
and Zima too
Only Daki can admit this and not get beaten up for it. :D
All are free to try though! :D

BTW, congrats Moo... you finally made it to OCBP rankings.
Gunny
SMITE!™ Grand Master

Post by Gunny »

I've developed a liking for watermelon martinis. Oh, and vodka & tonic made with Ketel One.
<center><b><font size=1><font color="#FF9900">"Invaders blood marches through my veins, like giant radioactive rubber pants! The pants command me! Do not ignore my veins!" -Zim</font></font></b></center>
laughing Monkey
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by laughing Monkey »

Prefs are red wine (no sweet wine)
But sometimes I do drink beer: Boddington, Warsteiner, Fosters bitter (green can),ales, cream ales
Mixed drinks: Margarita's
Othe stuff: Grappa, slivovich, tequilas (the blanco or silver), vodka
Last edited by laughing Monkey on Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_ The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?</hr>
Marius
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Marius »

Uggh, Killians . . . looks good, until you find out it's just Coors.

Beer: Anything good, when there's money, anything else when there's not. These days I'm a big fan of the Brookly Brewery. Excellent brown ale and lager, and the Black Chocolate Stout is tasty.

Vodka: Three Olives is a fucking great vodka. Very clean, excellent as a martini or straight.

Gin: Sapphire or Tanq Ten. I can drink Tanq or Beefeater, but I like martinis, and the Ten martini is where it's at.

Scotch: Yeah, lots and lots of whisky
There is then a need to guard against a temptation to overstate the economic evils of our own age, and to ignore the existence of similar, or worse, evils in earlier ages. Even though some exaggeration may, for the time, stimulate others, as well as ourselves, to a more intense resolve that the present evils should no longer exist, but it is not less wrong and generally it is much more foolish to palter with truth for good than for a selfish cause. The pessimistic descriptions of our own age, combined with the romantic exaggeration of the happiness of past ages must tend to setting aside the methods of progress, the work of which, if slow, is yet solid, and lead to the hasty adoption of others of greater promise, but which resemble the potent medicines of a charlatan, and while quickly effecting a little good sow the seeds of widespread and lasting decay. This impatient insincerity is an evil only less great than the moral torpor which can endure, that we with our modern resources and knowledge should look contentedly at the continued destruction of all that is worth having. There is an evil and an extreme impatience as well as an extreme patience with social ills.
mrmooky
Wuffle Student

Post by mrmooky »

While I'd like to pretend that I have a refined and sensitive palate, all I really want is a drink that's sweet without being sickening.

Beers of choice: Pale and amber ale, stout
Wines of choice: Merlot, shiraz, port
Spirits of choice: Most whiskeys, some rums, tequila (mixed), brandy (straight)
Liqueurs of choice: Midori, kahlua, sugary absinthes
Shots of choice: Anything creative
Avoids: Vodka, ouzo, sambuca, most white wines
Last edited by mrmooky on Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ancient History
Demon

Post by Ancient History »

I'm a teetotaler. Not that I mind anyone else drinking if they want to, I myself simly don't care to imbibe.
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

Can we delete AH's account now? :D
_
Cain is a Whore
Instant Cash is a Slut
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

A teetotaler in our midst? I thought we had extensive screening procedures.

Beer:: Gorden Biersch (local brew) Marzen, Rolling Rock, Heinekin
Shots:: I'm adventurous, but I don't handle shots very well. Screaming Nazis are a favorite. :D
Wine:: A good merlot or white wine.
Other:: My drink of choice has to be the martini (anyway, really) or the '57 Chevy. 1/2 white creme de cocoa, 1/2 vodka. Shaken and strained into a chilled martini glass. If use use regular creme de cocoa, it's called a Chocolate Martini and yes, there is a difference in taste.
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
laughing Monkey
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by laughing Monkey »

I'm a teetotaler. Not that I mind anyone else drinking if they want to, I myself simly don't care to imbibe.
Are you sure you were not drinking when you wrote that?
_ The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?</hr>
Salvation122

Post by Salvation122 »

If it's got Rum in it, I'll drink it.

Nothing with milk. Saw the unfortunate consequences of some kind of hard milkshake followed by a half-dozen shots while I was in Greece last year - turns out alcohol curdles milk in your stomach. Eew.

Vodka Cranberry's tasty, as are Vodka Tonic and Gin Tonic.

I'm not big on beer. My first beer was a BECKS Dark Lager, so I kinda jumped in over my head and it ruined it for me. Still, if someone else is buying, I'll certainly drink it, unless it utterly tastes like piss.

Shots: Again, if you put it in my hand, down it goes.
Eliahad
Squire of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Eliahad »

See, that's funny, because I mix my own mudslides and I make them about three-quarters liquor to one quarter milk...and I seem to be okay. Of course a lot of that milk is off set by liberally applied chocolate syrup.
Chocolate sauce on a buttery nipple. *Bliss*
Instant Cash
Bondsman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Instant Cash »

I like Mikes and various others of the new malt (i.e. zima) products out.

I am also a drinker of Rum, Tequila and Jagermeister. Mix these in pretty much anything and I will drinks it.

Shots? Yes.

I also am a big fan of white wines, reisling is by far my favorite.
I want to shoot one of these Church kids and ask them "Where is your god now!"
-Big Jim
JetPlane
Wuffle Student

Post by JetPlane »

Beer: Guiness or Sam Adams

Vodka: With tonic or just an orange slice

Rum: Straight usually, but sometimes, if I have an extra apple lying around, I'll cut it up and suck the rum off the slices.
To be loved, you must be lovable.
UncleJoseph
Wuffle Initiate

Post by UncleJoseph »

Beer: Corona, Killian's and Heinekin, with an occasional micro brew.

That's about it. I really don't get in to liquor or mixed drinks.
If you take away their comforts, people are just like any other animal.
Kwyndig
Location: The Orbiting Volcano Lair, high above the surface of Bulldrek

Post by Kwyndig »

Can't say that I drink. Not that I wouldn't, mind you, it's just, you know, food and rent comes before getting plastered, or even a nice buzz.
kwyndig@yahoo.com This sig for rent, reasonable rates
Reika
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Reika »

I can't stand beer, with the exception of one, my thoughts on beer are not friendly. ;)

I will happily drink most types of daiquiries, but despise margaritas, I'll go for weird frozen drinks like Outback's Wallaby Darned, mudslides, etc.

For non-frozen I like chocolate liquers like Cask and Cream's Chocolate Temptation, especially mixed with a bit milk. Though I like peach schnapps mixed with orange juice on occasion, sort of like a fuzzy navel only without the lemonade.

And I like sweet red-ish wines, such as Brotherhood Winery's rosario and holiday wines.
hobbes
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by hobbes »

let's see... tequila is good, both as a sipping drink and shots. margheritas rock the casbah. red wine is also really really really really good. Las Rocas, Los Vascos and L'Orbe, to name a few. if you get the chance, I highly recommend them. champagne is kinda gross. bloody mary's are awesome. baily's. frangellico. grand marnier. but then again... i don't drink to get drunk, i drink for flavor.
_
Reality continues to ruin my life. - Calvin

It's psychosomatic. You need a labotomy. I'll get a saw. - Calvin

Looking again at my profile, I realize that my location is only funny because my name is Jonah. But if you didn't know that, it wouldn't be funny.
hobbes
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by hobbes »

oh... and can't forget Manishewitz... oohh... yay for ultra sweet jewish wine. geehhh
_

Looking again at my profile, I realize that my location is only funny because my name is Jonah. But if you didn't know that, it wouldn't be funny.
WillyGilligan
Wuffle Trainer

Post by WillyGilligan »

No beer, only cider. Strongbow is decent, and I tried Blackthorn recently. I don't know what I'll do when I get back to the states, since I only remember drinking Hard Core there last time. There's always Mike's Hard lemonade, but it's not something you drink after mowing the lawn or working on the car. Not that I do any of the above that often, but it's a nice to have.

I'll take most mixed drinks with vodka, rum or tequila in them, but usually go with Tom Collins (vodka, not gin) or a tequila sunrise. Kamikaze, White Russion, and Zombies are also okay by me. I also tried some of the infamous LIIT not too long ago and I shall have to enjoy more when my next drinking jag hits.

I'm willing to buy Crown Royal for other people to drink so long as they let me, you guessed it, keep the bag. My daughters need something to use for pretend purses, after all. (No lie, my now four year old got ahold of one and carried it around for a good month until my wife got fed up with the funny looks from other people and bought her an actual toy purse.)

This is all under the caveat that I drink rarely enough that every time I actually set out to DRINK, it's like my 21st birthday all over again. I'm a cheap date.
Those who can't, teach. Those who can't teach, become critics. They also misapply overly niggling inerpretations of Logical Fallacies in place of arguing anything at all.
Caine Hazen
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Caine Hazen »

beer is for frat boys... :lol
I do al sorts of blended and single malt whiskeys though...if anyone's in dayton tonight come see me do em all at the Dublin Pub!!

One day I'll take a shot of our liquor cabinent and post it..me and my roommate should hafta get a bar licencse here in Ohio for all this booze...anyone want to help drink it next year near Origins time?
I would be clever and witty here..but that uses brain cycles that are processing your demise....
Buzzed
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Buzzed »

Hot Damn is my poison of choice to start with, preferably in a female navel, anything served in a female navel is good.
_
Johnny the Bull
Bulldrek Pimp

Caine Hazen wrote:beer is for frat boys... :lol
Time to die, Caine! :D
No money, no honey
Raygun
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Raygun »

Alaskan Amber (alt-style lager), Beltian White (micro from Belt, Montana; play on Belgian white), Some Bayern stuff (another micro from Missoula, the Dopplebock very rarely and only in the dead of winter, as it tends to cause pain and suffering otherwise), Moose Drool (yet another local micro), Shiner Bock (reminds me of Texas), Corona/lime in the summertime, Beck's, Carlsberg, Heineken, Grolsch, Guiness rarely, Newcastle... I'll try anything once. MGD if I don't have any other choice.

I'm not nearly as big a wine snob, but I do cook with it a bit. Hogue's Fume Blanc is a good, readily available dry white. Been using Black Swan's Shiraz a bit for the red meat.

Me and liqor don't get along.
It's all about crystal meth and Gwar. - Hauze
Archimedes
Tasty Human

Post by Archimedes »

Beer:
Boddington's, Bass, New Glarus Raspberrry Tart, Oosik Stout (Skagway Brewing Co.), Lambic (anything)

Liquor:
Whiskey Sour (if i'm in a good mood)
Whiskey Rocks (if i'm not)
or
Kahlua and Cream.

or

Shirakawago Blue Sake (it comes in a frosted blue bottle and should be served ice cold. oh so yummy.)
:)
_
If you don't trust people,
people will not trust you.
-Lao Tzu
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

If I'm playing it safe: Bud Light in a Bottle
If I'm in a happy mood: Bud Ice in a Bottle
If I can't have the above and need an alternative: Mike's Hard Lemonade (in a Bottle :p)
If I'm kinda buzzed already: Screwdriver
If I'm drunk, have bad judgement, and am around a bunch of non-sober Bulldrekkers at a baby shower: That "Blue Stuff"

:D
To the entire world, you may be one single person, but to one person, you may be the entire world.
Cain
Knight of the Imperium

Post by Cain »

Beer by type:
Ales: Pilsner Urquell, Widmer's Hefewisen, Full Sail, and Weinhard's Blue Boar if I can't afford anything better.
Mediums: Alaskan Amber, Full Sail, Sam Adams.
Darks: No thank you.

Hard liquors: I drink 151 rum, simply because I can't find anything stronger here. I used to chug everclear, so anything else is just for flavor.
Johnny the Bull
Bulldrek Pimp

Cain wrote:Widmer's Hefewisen
Nice choice. :)
No money, no honey
Patience
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Patience »

...this may be the longest post I've ever made here. Congratulations, Bishop, you've hit a nerve. :p

Beer: I've had some light lagers/pale ales/amber ales/christmas lagers that've worked for me; I can't abide the heavier stuff, and as for Guinness? Yeah. I like my bread with butter, not in a glass, thanks.

Wines :cute I'm silly this way. I love sweet wines by themselves, and when they can work with a meal, s'even BETTER. Examples: Chassagne-Montrachet, some Beaujolais, Moscato d'Oro, Sauvignon Blanc Botrytis, Gewürztraminer (ooooooh, do I love this one especially, even though it's not technically a 'sweet' wine), and of course the Prosecco, the lust for which buried me over in BD proper. :)

Girly-slash-mixed drinks Oh boy. Pineapples and parasols, away! I love Margaritas, especially frozen ones made with a really smooth tequila, like Patron. I also love mojitos made with black rum and some seriously fresh mint; Brandy Alexanders made with ice cream instead of heavy cream (pathetically, they're my family's signature libation; I'll save those stories for another thread :cute ); I try to make Tequila Sunrises the last thing I drink on a heavy liverpoisoning binge, as the grenadine is still pink when it comes back up; love Gin/Vodka Gimlets when they're heavy on the sugar; Sweet Martinis are okay, but I really despise the bastardization of the martini into "appletinis" and the rest of that ilk; Singapore Slings are okay depending on the cherry brandy you use (cheap brands taste like cough medicine, ew); Pina Coladas/Mai Tais are fine, but only truly great when the coconut milk is fresh and the bartender adds a splash of 151; California Lemonades can get me sloshed happily, as can n LITs, depending on the bartender's stinginess with the good stuff; I love Sangria if you put enough damn fruit in there to make it balanced; my family, being good Norwegians, make Glogg every year, and that stuff will strip your kidneys if you drink too much of it; and at The Frat Party We Don't Talk About, a nice boy made me a pitcher of what he called "blonde vikings"; he dusted the rim of the glass in confectioner's sugar, and I was utterly wasted by the end of it. Um. Yeah, that's all I can think of right off the top of my head for this category.

Champagne: I'm 'spensive. One of my favorite champagnes is Veuve Cliquot, again because of the whole sweet thing. On the drier side, and better, I think, for mixing with orange juice to produce Mimosas (which I'll happily chug, losing all pretension to class in the process), is Moet and Chandon's White Star (you can get it at Sam's Club way cheaper than anywhere else). For nine bucks, though, I'll happily drink Prosecco, which is technically sparkling wine but tastes AMAZING.

Dessert wines/Liqueurs: Grand Marnier, Frangelico, some raspberry liqueurs though I don't have a brand I love yet, Kahlua makes a great coffee liqueur too, Godiva's Chocolate is really good, and I once had Montenegro Amaro Liqueur in a Christmas party punch that was so good I was drunk before I knew it was alcoholic.

And just to let you all know I'm not a total psycho snob, I love Mike's Hard Lemonade, Bacardi's little bottled temptations, and like IC, just about any of the new malt products out there just as much as any of the stuff I listed above.
_
<b>Thorn said:</b> Patience really does rock!!
<b>CykoSpin said:</b> Every time I see Patience (that is, a post by Patience), I think of the Iron Maiden song "Can I Play With Madness". I don't really know why, though; for whatever reason, I just do.
Bishop

Post by Bishop »

So, ah...besides Guinness, and the bastardized martinis, is there anything you won't drink? :P

I'll drink most of anything. I don't like most Schnapps. Too sweet and syrupy. Amaretto sour is good. I like Jaeger bombs on the rocks. And I like taking flaming shots of Bacardi 151. It burns real nice going down. But you gotsta suck it down a straw. That way it's still on fire when it hits your throat. Yummy. Gets you like this :mad in a real hurry.

Just don't let me around Yukon Gold. Used to be my libation of choice. But it makes me punchy. Not angry, per se. I just get punch happy, and start hitting random things. Such as huge commercial dumpsters (32's place) and the house. (A friend's house. If I recall correctly, I completely broke one door, as in the door jam and everything was torn off the entryway. And the house kinda.../leaned/ for a couple days.) Now mind you, this was only a mobile home, so not all that impressive. But it kind of put Yukon off, for me.
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

Patience:: Go on, tell us how you really feel. Don't hold back. :D (on a side note, Oh no! More Norweigan ancestry here. ;))
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
steeltoe1926
Bulldrekker

Post by steeltoe1926 »

Well I will try almost anything once, but as it stands now I have not found a beer worth my time drinking. they neither do anything to me nor taste good with the exception of malts which I drink from time to time (for the taste) but other than that I mostly drink the harder stuff. I like yager(sp?) but usually prefer 151 or better. It ahs been so long since I've made the standard mixes I can't remember most of my favorites just a few come to mind blue blazers, zombie, and the yager(sp?) bomb.
_
Don't go looking for snakes you might find them
Don't turn you'r eyes to the sun you might blind them
Haven't I seen you here before?
No, there ain't no heroes here
Metallica
Patience
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Patience »

Bishop wrote:So, ah...besides Guinness, and the bastardized martinis, is there anything you won't drink? :P
Well, I'll try anything once. ;)
Cash wrote:Patience:: Go on, tell us how you really feel. Don't hold back. (on a side note, Oh no! More Norweigan ancestry here. )
:p I likes me the booze. ....*headtilt* who's Norwegian?
_
<b>CykoSpin said:</b> Every time I see Patience (that is, a post by Patience), I think of the Iron Maiden song "Can I Play With Madness". I don't really know why, though; for whatever reason, I just do.
Patience
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Patience »

...reading my reply, I'm laughing. Gee, is it obvious I was a sorority girl yet or what? :lol
_
Bishop

Post by Bishop »

You didn't happen to show up on Girls Gone Wild, did you? :P
hobbes
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by hobbes »

oo oo didja didja?
_

lordhellion
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by lordhellion »

Good Beer: Fat Tire, Rogue Blonde, Henry Weinhard's Reserve, Weinhard's Hefeweizen, Heneiken, Corona

Cheap Beer: Amberboch, Pabst Blue Ribbon, Ice House, Busch, Foster's

Liquors: Damn near any Whiskey or Scotch, and (Never Fear It's) Everclear

Mixed Drinks: Long Island Ice Tea, 7 & 7, Whiskey & Cola, Red-Headed Slut
_No one was ever put in a history book for being a great conformist.
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

Patience wrote:
Cash wrote:Patience:: Go on, tell us how you really feel. Don't hold back. (on a side note, Oh no! More Norweigan ancestry here. )
:p I likes me the booze. ....*headtilt* who's Norwegian?
TLM and MJ are from Norway, my mom's side of the family was from there...
</font>
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Currently my go-to-drink is tequila/tonic.
Kitt
Baron of the Imperium

Post by Kitt »

Beer: Killians, Guinness, and Michelob Ultra.
Wine: I'm more a fan of blush/rose wines, but as long as it's between semi-sweet and sweet, I like it. Not a huge fan of dry or dessert. I'm on a riesling kick at present.
Spirits: Vodka makes me physically ill and I just don't like the taste of rum, but I'm fine with everything else I've tried. (Never tried absinthe, everclear, etc)
I'm a huge fan of mixed drinks as well. B-52, tequila sunrise, buttery nipple, sombreros, things of the like.
Real life quotes, courtesy of the PetsHotel:
"Drop it, you pervert!"
"Ma'am? Ma'am! You are very round."
"It's a hump-a-palooza today."
"Everybody get away from the poop bucket!"
The Grand Crusader
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by The Grand Crusader »

I think I mostly drink beer, with Moose Drool as my current brew of choice. I do like a good whiskey or rum, as well. Tattoo is surprisingly good with variations on Mountain Dew.
<BR>
Thought For...err...Until I Edit My Signature Again!
The icons I use here are from Transformers Icon of the Day. If you use them, please give credit to Mr. Kelsch for his wonderful work, capish?
Big Jim
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Big Jim »

Still on the vodka/tonic after all these years.
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
Ancient History
Demon

Post by Ancient History »

Still a teetotaler.