[DSF Echo] Shadowrun in your own eyes.

In the SST forum, users are free to discuss philosophy, music, art, religion, sock colour, whatever. It's a haven from the madness of Bulldrek; alternately intellectual and mundane, this is where the controversy takes place.
Serious Paul
Devil

[DSF Echo] Shadowrun in your own eyes.

Post by Serious Paul »

I enjoy Shadowrun a lot. I try to be a very active member in Shadowrun community when I can.

I encourage all of you to view this incrediblely long winded, long to read,long (GET THE POINT!) thread and to add your own comments as you see fit.

I certainly don't expect everyone to agree with me, or what I said, but I value all of your input.
Subversive Agent
Bulldrekker

Post by Subversive Agent »

I tend to agree with you Paul, even though I do aknowledge that some GM's prefer to play street level campaigns. And in such cases, the players don't really need to know wether villiers farts in his bathtub and wether his bubbles stink or not. It's just not directly relevant to the runner on the street, much like it isn't relevant if you're packing meat in company X and a new marketing director is hired. It's just too way over your head.
Instant Cash
Bondsman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Instant Cash »

Damn Paul, that was a long ass post. :D

I agree, I like any info I can get, whether it is Villers vacation spot, or the latest Nerp flavors.

I can /sorta/ see what he is saying in the fact that the books that have come out are not as "player" focused but more GMtools. Which is what I thought he was saying untill I read more of what he wrote.

I like both personally, I want it all. :)
I want to shoot one of these Church kids and ask them "Where is your god now!"
-Big Jim
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

My biggest problem with people like him isn'tt hat they want the game to include their particular perspective-its that they want it to be at the exclusion of all other view points.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Then maybe you should've said that, instead of arguing point upon point.
Amber
Tasty Human

Post by Amber »

He didn't do the polite disclaimer thing, about 'this is just my opinion' etc. Sprinkle a few of those around, and there's much less of a problem.
Eva
Baron of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Eva »

<cue "Disclaimer" discussion>
One time I built a matter transporter, but things got screwed up (long story, lol) and I ended up turning into a kind of half-human, half-housefly monstrosity.
WillyGilligan
Wuffle Trainer

Post by WillyGilligan »

*cue meta-conversation discussion-"Witty rejoinder"*
Those who can't, teach. Those who can't teach, become critics. They also misapply overly niggling inerpretations of Logical Fallacies in place of arguing anything at all.
Eva
Baron of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Eva »

<insert ad hominem attack brought on by male variety of PMS>
One time I built a matter transporter, but things got screwed up (long story, lol) and I ended up turning into a kind of half-human, half-housefly monstrosity.
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

<insert donkey sex>
_
Cain is a Whore
Instant Cash is a Slut