Gang Violence in the QC(Queen City)

In the SST forum, users are free to discuss philosophy, music, art, religion, sock colour, whatever. It's a haven from the madness of Bulldrek; alternately intellectual and mundane, this is where the controversy takes place.
Ghotty
Bulldrekker

Gang Violence in the QC(Queen City)

Post by Ghotty »

Well, I was talking to a OOG(Double-OG) lastnight, and it turns out that the Crips of Charlotte have decided to import a bunch of their Chi-Town OGs down to charlotte, in response to the false-flagging of charlotte's own "Kings" gang. This comes to a surprise to many Kings, who considered Crips and Folk to be their "kin" or "Fam". I predicted this like 2 years ago after talking to a Folk minister of Corrections(basically an OG who specilizes in beating up false-flaggers and correcting their ways).

This is going to be funny. Kings are about to have their Crowns snatched. And once Crips consildate their hold over the kings, it's going to be hell to pay with the Vice Lords(who are moving down to offset the growth of Crip/Folk influence in the charlotte hoods) and Bloods.

I'm going to be laughing.
Allahu Akbar
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

I have no idea what you are talking about, other then it sounds like some people are going to get beaten up.
_
Cain is a Whore
Instant Cash is a Slut
Subversive Agent
Bulldrekker

Post by Subversive Agent »

Yo. Homie. Assorted insults in spanish. That's about the sum of my vocabulary on the subject :cool

Sure sounds like you should be writing up Target : Ganglands though :roll
Daki
No-Life Loser

Post by Daki »

Translation time...

OG= Original Gangsta or Old Gangsta (depending on where you are at). These are the senior members of a gang who have been around for years (or in rare case decades)

OOG= These would be the OGs that were around back in the beginning. Consider them Don-like in their level of respect amoung gangs.

Kings, Folk, and Crips are all major gangs in the United States. Kings usually tag (mark) their territories with 5-point crowns (hence the comment about getting their crowns snatched)

False-flaggers are wanna-be gangs that brag about being part of the Kings, Folks, etc. The major gangs are made up of smaller chapters all across the country that are granted membership. So a gang of only 5-10 people could be called Kings even though there are only ten of them.

Vice Lords are another gang (and have a large presence here in Chicago).

Bloods are the main rival gang to the Crips.
Ghotty
Bulldrekker

Post by Ghotty »

Well, I grew out of my "gangmember" phase. Not the criminal mind of a gangmember, I just realized that the gang I was a member to was 1) full of usters, 2) was under alot of false shit. Being that in heart I understand the gang code(it's basically a warrior's code), I couldn't be part of something I disapproved of.

And now, I don't wanna fuck with the gangs in charlotte, for exactly the same reason.

But I know alot about it, and I stay in touch with a number of gangmembers.

This should result in plenty of shooting and beatings. Most of the Kings will prolly fold into the crips/Folks, and those that are left wil lbe fighting Bloods, Vice Lords, Crips and Folks. This doesn't include the MS-13 and latino gangs that run around too.

In fact, I live in the heart of a MS-13 area. Fortunately, I know aa Veterano of the group, and he's been cool with my family since like, I was 9. So I have no fear or dislike for MS-13.
Allahu Akbar
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

I still think its amusing Charolotte thinks they have a gang problem...I mean, really.

10:41 Kai: Ohayou minna
10:42 Adam: ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKER! :)
10:44 Kai: Fuck off, how's that? ;P
10:45 Adam: Much better.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

I think the whole notion is amusing. A bunch of kids playing dress-up, with guns. Inventing their own politics, breaking down everything they wish was built up, then bitching when they don't get their way. Short-sighted, useless. Stupid asses.
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

What many of them don't realize is that the smaller gangs are nothing but fodder for the larger ones and the larger ones are nothing but fodder for organized crime.
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
Ghotty
Bulldrekker

Post by Ghotty »

Go ahead and tell me that Charlotte doesn't have a gang problem. Because you're right, we really don't. That's changing.

But, uh, Kai. I recommend you never go onto the Ford(Beatties Ford road) or to Hidden Valley. Or Hickory Grove. Parts of Tuck. Albermarle. Because these are all places where you will get robbed, raped, assaulted or generally fucked with. I don't go to the places without my "entourage" as it was. Well, Except Tuck, cuz that's my hood. And even then, there's places(like Westchester) that I leave alone.

Go ahead and say what you want about Charlotte's crime and gangs. I do know that this city has alot of car thefts and armed Robberies. In fact, amongst the Hip-Hop community, there's a number of Artists who won't comeback to charlotte.

Luda. Lil' Scrappy. They got robbed and assaulted.

And as charlotte continues to grow, the continues to be more and more growth of gangs. Hey, when I was a kid, Crips and Bloods weren't that big here. Kings were just starting. Now, Kings are the Largest Charlotte Gang, Crips are on the upswing, Bloods are holding on. Infact, here's a Sitrep, expanded of Charlotte Gang Activity, from the streets(i.e. me) and not the authorities:

Kings: Daki, Charlotte's kings have little if nothing to do with the Kings nationwide. They rock 6 Point Crowns down here(probably due to an attempt to mollify Crips), and in my opinion are a bunch of fakes. They've got the wrong knowledge, and it's going to hurt.

Kings are concentrated in Hidden Valley(Hidden Valley Kings claim to be the only "true" Kings) and there's alot on Shamrock. Not so many in Beatties Ford or Tuck. The Kings have nominal alliances with charlotte's Crips, though as I said, this is about to go. Kings are nominally at war with bloods, though in alot of places, this is relaxed. Kings are Hostile to MS-13, but outright war has been avoided so-far.

Crips and Folk: These are the crips from LA. Alot of them are hooked up with the Folk from chi-town(Chicago) and Folk and Crip in charlotte are under the 8-ball(meaning they're at peace. IF the 8-ball was "dropped" or cracked, it would mean war between them. The Eight-ball is made by making the "C" and the "fork" with your hands and combining them.). Folk, I mean actualy GD/BGD(Gangsta Disciple, Black Gangsta Disciples) are kind of rare in charlotte. It's more common to find a Folk whose down with a Crip set than to find an actual set of Folk.

With the growing increase of "true blue" Crips, charlotte's gang enviroment is likely to go from the sedate posturing it's currently in, to alot of fighting and violence. This is in response to the blood assasians who've been popping up. See, for the last 3 years, out of town Bloods have come down to charlotte, found crips and killed/kidnapped/atteampted to do the above to them. This was to support the Blods who have been losing turf left-and right(hehe..gang pun!), and it seems to have eliminated some of the mid-level leadership(the "Gs", but less than "Lieutenants").

I think the increase of out-of town Gs is directly relatable to this. In fact, these Gs are not here to bang so much as they are to train the soldiers of most Crip sets in charlotte. Think of it like military advisors. They're going to show these footsoldiers and BGs how to represent the Crips. This is not going to be pretty, especially as it's Chi-town that's sending'em.

Crips like to Claim sections of the Ford, parts of the Valley(where they at peace /w kings, for now), Westchester, and various enclaves around Independence and Commonwealth.

Bloods: These guys have been getting hit hard for the last 6 years or so. Bloods have had no one to turn to. Oh, sure there's the occasional Vice Lord, Damu or Piru exile in charlotte, but no large set orginizations. This, as ussualy, makes bloods some of the most gangster in charlotte. They know they have no body having their back.

Apparantly, it seems they called in some out-of town favors recently, and that's why assasians have been hitting the mid-level crip leadership.

Now, it seems the Bloods are about to get a big influx from the Vice Lords(typically aligned alongside the bloods, along with 5%ers, El Rukns, and Black Stone Disciples(BSDs)). This will probably spark a large growth in Blood recruitment.

Right now, Bloods are probably the smallest gang in charlotte, which contributes to their passivity.

MS-13: Mara-Saltchura 13, is form Salvador. These guys are the real fucking deal, locos hombres de malo. They had a major purge in Charlotte recently. I know a Veterano(OG) of the group, and he's been a family friend for 9+ years. And him and the other Salvadorans I know are dangerous.

The Military background alot of the Veteranos have means that they arn't afraid to kill, and in alot of cases, they know how to evade the law enforcement groups. I live in an MS-13 claimed hood. It's al lgood though.

They seem fairly peaceful though, so long as you arn't on their turf wearing colors, selling dope in their spots or doing things they don't like.

42nd Street Lil' Criminals: I've never seen one of these guys, but suppousedly they exist here.
Allahu Akbar
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

Dude. I live in Atlanta. Think about that for a second. Do you really think I don't know where I don't walk alone, where I don't walk at night, and where the deals go down in broad daylight? There are places the delivery guys go packing and places they don't go at all. Most of the downtown area is extremely segregated into Safe and Not Safe.

Living outside the Perimeter there's not much to bother me, but I hear and see enough elsewhere to know a gang problem in Charolette wouldn't even register here.

10:41 Kai: Ohayou minna
10:42 Adam: ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKER! :)
10:44 Kai: Fuck off, how's that? ;P
10:45 Adam: Much better.
Angel
Bulldrek Pimp
Location: Further from Tubuai Island than any other Bulldrekker, except for maybe Toryu.

Post by Angel »

I'm with 32, but I would add that what's more amusing than the children playing with gang handsignals is the way some people brag about knowing the in-and-outs of "gangland U.S.A.", it's on the verge of being juvenile.
- member since Sept 13th, 2000
Green-eyed kitten
Daki
No-Life Loser

Post by Daki »

Have to agree with Angel that is does almost sound like dick swinging. What I know about gangs comes from where I lived growing up and worknig with several police agencies when I was younger.

Gangs are like kids playing "grown-up mobster" and organized crime has the perfect market to fence their goods.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

I am surprised anyone who lives in the South would be surprised at the gang land growth there. North Click is a big stop in the drug traffic, and increasingly black culture in this area is buying into Snoop Dogg videos.

Atlanta rules. freakNik was fucking awesome the two years I went.

Not a work safe link.
Salvation122
Grand Marshall of the Imperium

Post by Salvation122 »

Ghotty wrote:Go ahead and say what you want about Charlotte's crime and gangs. I do know that this city has alot of car thefts and armed Robberies. In fact, amongst the Hip-Hop community, there's a number of Artists who won't comeback to charlotte.
Ghotty, man, I understand what you're saying. I really do. But I live on the outskirts of Memphis. I promise you that Orange Mound and Whitehaven have a much, much, much bigger gang problem than you do. (Course, I'm well east of that, so it's not much of an issue for me unless I miss an exit going downtown and have to take Danny Thomas. Scary shit, that.)
Toryu
Wuffle Initiate

Post by Toryu »

Heh. I'm kinda glad we don't have all that 'gang culture' over here. Nor parts of town that are no-go zones.
"What is it about blogs, forums and LiveJournal that just invite stupid fights, Davan? Is acting like an ass a clause in the user agreement?"
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

I personally like my dad's solution to inner city gang violence..... Saturation bombing. Solves urban decay as well.
_
Cain is a Whore
Instant Cash is a Slut
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

MooCow wrote:I personally like my dad's solution to inner city gang violence..... Saturation bombing. Solves urban decay as well.
I'm almost with Moo on this one. However, I want squads of troops deployed into these areas, let the gangbangers know in no uncertain terms, that the biggest dog on the square is and always will be Johnny Law.
<a href="http://heftywrenches.wordpress.com">Agent Zero Speaks!</a>
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

I'm almost with Moo on this one

:crack

Seriously dude, you need to get more sleep.
_
Cain is a Whore
Instant Cash is a Slut
Sowhat
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Sowhat »

What do these gangs actually do? I know they fight each other, but they wouldn't have to fight each other if they didn't exist, so other than fighting each other and claiming territory, what do they actually do?
WillyGilligan
Wuffle Trainer

Post by WillyGilligan »

Crime. Selling drugs, stealing cars, that sort of thing. When they claim territory, it means that they're saying they get to make illegal money there. That's why they fight (well, that and pride) and tag buildings.
Those who can't, teach. Those who can't teach, become critics. They also misapply overly niggling inerpretations of Logical Fallacies in place of arguing anything at all.
Salvation122
Grand Marshall of the Imperium

Post by Salvation122 »

Toryu wrote:Heh. I'm kinda glad we don't have all that 'gang culture' over here. Nor parts of town that are no-go zones.
Yeah, it's kinda scary when you're driving to a client and take a wrong turn and end up hip-deep in trash and broken hypodermics and ugly-ass hookers and very pissed-off looking black people wondering what the fuck the white kid with the nice clothes and watch and car and cellphone is doing there. Particularly when there's not really anywhere to turn around.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Toryu wrote:Heh. I'm kinda glad we don't have all that 'gang culture' over here. Nor parts of town that are no-go zones.
No, instead, we get the different mafia ethnicities...everywhere.
Toryu
Wuffle Initiate

Post by Toryu »

DV8 wrote:
No, instead, we get the different mafia ethnicities...everywhere.
Yeah, true. At least organized crime doesn't mug you in the street like low-level gangs would, so you can walk around virtually everywhere.
"What is it about blogs, forums and LiveJournal that just invite stupid fights, Davan? Is acting like an ass a clause in the user agreement?"
Eva
Baron of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Eva »

It must be different for women, because there are definitely places in Amsterdam I would not go by myself, night or day.
One time I built a matter transporter, but things got screwed up (long story, lol) and I ended up turning into a kind of half-human, half-housefly monstrosity.
lorg
Wuffle Master

Post by lorg »

Doesn't every city have that part of the town? One you wouldn't go to unless you had five friends and baseball bats with you.
Subversive Agent
Bulldrekker

Eva wrote:It must be different for women, because there are definitely places in Amsterdam I would not go by myself, night or day.
Can I have a list? :D
mrmooky
Wuffle Student

Post by mrmooky »

lorg wrote:Doesn't every city have that part of the town? One you wouldn't go to unless you had five friends and baseball bats with you.
I'm thinking five friends with baseball bats wouldn't be much use against the gangs in most American cities. You know, the whole gun thing and all.

There aren't really any places in Melbourne I'd be afraid to go. There are a couple in Sydney and Perth, though. And it definitely helps to be male. But you're unlikely to actually be at any great risk. So no, there isn't a no go zone in every city.
Liniah
Bondsman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Liniah »

<center><font face="monospace" color=#0099FF font size="-1">one more blue sunny day</font></center>
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

mrmooky wrote:
lorg wrote:Doesn't every city have that part of the town? One you wouldn't go to unless you had five friends and baseball bats with you.
I'm thinking five friends with baseball bats wouldn't be much use against the gangs in most American cities. You know, the whole gun thing and all.

There aren't really any places in Melbourne I'd be afraid to go. There are a couple in Sydney and Perth, though. And it definitely helps to be male. But you're unlikely to actually be at any great risk. So no, there isn't a no go zone in every city.
It depends on the friends. I'd pretty much walk into anything short of military-class gunfire if it's say Bish, Paul and me with thumpsticks. The second one of us shatters a ribcage, the game begins in earnest.
lorg
Wuffle Master

Post by lorg »

As noted by Caz it does depend on your friends and their skills in/with violence. But it wasn't intended that way but instead it was more of a figure of speech rather then what it would actually take to drag me into that corner of town.
Daki
No-Life Loser

Post by Daki »

Cazmonster wrote:
mrmooky wrote:

It depends on the friends. I'd pretty much walk into anything short of military-class gunfire if it's say Bish, Paul and me with thumpsticks. The second one of us shatters a ribcage, the game begins in earnest.
You'd have a party like this and wouldn't invite me?!? :cry
Subversive Agent
Bulldrekker

Can i fly the assault helicopter? :D
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Daki wrote:
Cazmonster wrote:It depends on the friends. I'd pretty much walk into anything short of military-class gunfire if it's say Bish, Paul and me with thumpsticks. The second one of us shatters a ribcage, the game begins in earnest.
You'd have a party like this and wouldn't invite me?!? :cry
Of course not, it's not a rib-smashing party if Daki's not there. Blame it on the caffeine not streaming directly to my brain-meat.
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

Dude, you really need to just start injecting the stuff directly into your vein. I'm pretty sure Starbucks sells coffee in needles. :D
_
Cain is a Whore
Instant Cash is a Slut
Subversive Agent
Bulldrekker

Daki wrote:Okay, you are forgiven.

*Reads what Caz said again*

Not a WORD Gunny. Not a word!
Got rib? :D
Gunny
SMITE!™ Grand Master

Post by Gunny »

:aww

:D
<center><b><font size=1><font color="#FF9900">"Invaders blood marches through my veins, like giant radioactive rubber pants! The pants command me! Do not ignore my veins!" -Zim</font></font></b></center>
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

If there's some barbacue I'm missing out on, y'all are in deep trouble. I needs some smoked brisket and soon.
Daki
No-Life Loser

Post by Daki »

No Caz... it's not a BBQ. This is something totally different that I cannot seem to EVER live down.
Gunny
SMITE!™ Grand Master

Post by Gunny »

Did I say anything?!?! I'm totally innocent this time!

MmMm... BBQ beef brisket...
<center><b><font size=1><font color="#FF9900">"Invaders blood marches through my veins, like giant radioactive rubber pants! The pants command me! Do not ignore my veins!" -Zim</font></font></b></center>
Toon
Bulldrek Junkie
Location: Stuck to the grate right outside the sewage treatment plant.

Post by Toon »

Gunny wrote:Did I say anything?!?! I'm totally innocent this time!
You? Innocent? Since when?

Though I do have to admit, the evidence shows that yo uare apparently very good at making barbecued ribs.
_There are some who say that Time is itself a hammer: that each slow second marks another tap that makes big rocks into little rocks, waterfalls into canyons, cliffs into beaches.
There are some who say that Time is instead a blade. They see the dance of its razored tip, poised like a venomous snake, forever ready to slay faster than the eye can see.
And there are some who say that Time is both hammer and blade.
They say the hammer is a sculptor's mallet, and the blade is a sculptor's chisel: that each stroke is a refinement, a perfecting, a discovery of truth and beauty within what would otherwise be blank and lifeless stone.
And I name this saying wisdom.
Liniah
Bondsman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Liniah »

Cazmonster wrote:If there's some barbacue I'm missing out on, y'all are in deep trouble. I needs some smoked brisket and soon.

Well, i'm having one on Tues, but...well, yeah.. :(
<center><font face="monospace" color=#0099FF font size="-1">one more blue sunny day</font></center>
Amber
Tasty Human

Post by Amber »

mrmooky wrote:There aren't really any places in Melbourne I'd be afraid to go. There are a couple in Sydney and Perth, though. And it definitely helps to be male. But you're unlikely to actually be at any great risk. So no, there isn't a no go zone in every city.
Where wouldn't you go in Sydney?
mrmooky
Wuffle Student

Post by mrmooky »

I haven't been to Sydney for a few years, so things may have improved, but there were some back streets in Kings Cross I wouldn't have walked through after dark. Redfern wouldn't be a destination of choice for me either.

The only real encounter with a gang I've ever had was some rich white kids having a turf war outside of my grandparents' house in Perth last year. Lots of talking and very little action. It was actually quite entertaining.
LynGrey
Tasty Human

Post by LynGrey »

Yeah i havn't really seen gang activity first hand, herd alot about it.

I do know there is alot of freaking false flagging pricks out there, i remember in high school eveyrbody was a member of the bloods or the crips.. ooo.. ahhh.. yeah.

Charlotte has the "we're small, but fiesty" syndrome. Even the the suburbian bankers that work downtown have it, "Look i'm a banker, We are damned good at it!! And i'm not scared to prove it"

Thats my only problem... gangs here will do anythign to prove themselves.

well peace out kiddos. Don't bicker too much =p