the protocols of the learned elders of zion

In the SST forum, users are free to discuss philosophy, music, art, religion, sock colour, whatever. It's a haven from the madness of Bulldrek; alternately intellectual and mundane, this is where the controversy takes place.
lorg
Wuffle Master

the protocols of the learned elders of zion

Post by lorg »

Just wanted to know, is the so called protocols of the learned elders of zion a complete and utter hoax/full of crap or whatever?
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Yes.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

dp
lorg
Wuffle Master

Post by lorg »

nothing worthwhile in them of any kind? not worth a read so to speak? fun factor?
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Uncreative lies.
lorg
Wuffle Master

Post by lorg »

okidoki ... <DELETE FILE>
mrmooky
Wuffle Student

Post by mrmooky »

lorg wrote:nothing worthwhile in them of any kind? not worth a read so to speak? fun factor?
The conspiracy theory is worth knowing *about*, insofar as it is used as a propaganda tool by Hezbollah and similar organisations, but I don't think you'd gain much by reading the Protocols itself.
JongWK
Bulldrekker

Post by JongWK »

It's a hoax. AFAIK, it was created by a Tsarist government officer to justify a few pogroms. The Nazis also used it as "evidence" against the Jews.
My country is the world, and my religion is to do good.
-Thomas Paine
Eva
Baron of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Eva »

Can someone tell me in under five lines what it is?
One time I built a matter transporter, but things got screwed up (long story, lol) and I ended up turning into a kind of half-human, half-housefly monstrosity.
crone
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by crone »

Wikipedia wrote:The Protocols of the (Learned) Elders of Zion is a document purporting to describe a plan to achieve Jewish global domination. The Protocols are an apparent forgery produced by the Tsarist Russian secret police, the Okhranka, in order to blame Jews for Russia's problems.
mrmooky
Wuffle Student

Post by mrmooky »

...And have been used by just about every antisemitic movement since.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Vaguely related:
news.bbc.co.uk wrote:The Higher Broadcasting Council (CSA) is seeking approval from the Council of State - France highest administrative court - to have al-Manar temporarily suspended.

The CSA says the Criminal History of Zionism - broadcast in late 2003 - quoted extensively from the discredited 1897 publication the Protocols of the Elders of Zion, alluding to "Jewish ritual killings".
mrmooky
Wuffle Student

Post by mrmooky »

It wasn't until I started surfing Arabic news channels that I realised how rife with ultra-paranoid conspiracy theories (99% of which relate to Israel and the Jews) they actually are. The best one I've come across to date is that of the penis-melting Zionist robot combs.
Alareth
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Alareth »

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?
"Society without religion is like a psychopath without a gun"
Eva
Baron of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Eva »

That's like the cell phone call of deathwhich shut down Nigeria's cell network. I read a very funny article in a Dutch business weekly about the Nigerian cell providers working overtime to make their people stop believing crazy bullshit. Yeah, good luck with your messaging there. :oD
One time I built a matter transporter, but things got screwed up (long story, lol) and I ended up turning into a kind of half-human, half-housefly monstrosity.
Archimedes
Tasty Human

Post by Archimedes »

I wish that there was some massive Jewish conspiracy/organization that ruled the world. I'd be a lot richer and probably wouldn't have had nearly as rough of a time finding a job if there was one.

*grumble grumble*
_
If you don't trust people,
people will not trust you.
-Lao Tzu