NAB must die!

In the SST forum, users are free to discuss philosophy, music, art, religion, sock colour, whatever. It's a haven from the madness of Bulldrek; alternately intellectual and mundane, this is where the controversy takes place.
Buzzed
Bulldrek Junkie

NAB must die!

Post by Buzzed »

The National Association of Broadcasters is trying to uphold a 10 year old deal that prevents XM and Sirius from providing local content to their subscribers.

Why doesn't the government just end this censorship? Wouldn't it be good for the economy to just allow companies that actually paid for their air space (unlike NAB which got it for free - and the largest chunk of it to boot) to give the listeners what they want?

Linkage: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,124610,00.html

What if there was an association like NAB for the internet? Scary thought.
_
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Re: NAB must die!

Post by DV8 »

Buzzed wrote:What if there was an association like NAB for the internet? Scary thought.
Besides scary also totally undoable.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Buzzed wrote:What if there was an association like NAB for the internet? Scary thought.
Depending on how far you want to draw the metaphor, there is: the RIAA. :roll
Moto42
Wuffle Master

Post by Moto42 »

Buzzed wrote:The National Association of Broadcasters is trying to uphold a 10 year old deal that prevents XM and Sirius from providing local content to their subscribers.
They made a deal like that without any time limits? Dug their own grave there Buzzed.
Hello, I'm a signature VIRUS!
Copy me to your signature to help me grow.
Chopper
Tasty Human

Post by Chopper »

Moto42 wrote:
Buzzed wrote:The National Association of Broadcasters is trying to uphold a 10 year old deal that prevents XM and Sirius from providing local content to their subscribers.
They made a deal like that without any time limits? Dug their own grave there Buzzed.
I don't know if there is a time limit on it. I will have to check into it.