Updates!

In the SST forum, users are free to discuss philosophy, music, art, religion, sock colour, whatever. It's a haven from the madness of Bulldrek; alternately intellectual and mundane, this is where the controversy takes place.
Instant Cash
Bondsman of the Crimson Assfro

Updates!

Post by Instant Cash »

Ok, so I just wanted to see how everyone was doing. It is springtime now and I just wnated to know how everyone was doing?

Work for me is so-so, kinda stagnant at the moment but that will hopefully change soon. The townhome looks like it will be done in July, w00t. We are really looking forward to that.

Other than that not much, still teaching Karate, found a roleplaying group (bout time), and have been playing paintball whenever I get a chance.

So, was up with j0?
I want to shoot one of these Church kids and ask them "Where is your god now!"
-Big Jim
Brineshrimp
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by Brineshrimp »

I've got nothing new to report. I suck at life. :)
This is my signature. Enjoy
God gave us a penis and a brain, but only enough blood to run one at a time.
Liniah

Post by Liniah »

Uhm...I'm living in Denmark. I'm hopefully going on internship next fall, but I'm having some issues with that at the moment. After that I'll be writing my thesis. Then I don't know what. I need money to renew my visa so I can stay here, though, so if anyone would like to donate, please send me a PM. ;)
<center><font face="monospace" color=#0099FF font size="-1">one more blue sunny day</font></center>
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

Let's see...love my job at White Wolf, not going further into debt is good. We're getting married in October. You all are coming down for a big party :D

Playing World of Warcraft Beta. Its interesting. Umm...Sharon Apple's case is almost done, there will be pictures. SR2051 rocks beyond all reason. Oh, and my hair fucking rocks :)

10:41 Kai: Ohayou minna
10:42 Adam: ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKER! :)
10:44 Kai: Fuck off, how's that? ;P
10:45 Adam: Much better.
Moonwolf
Wuffle Master

Post by Moonwolf »

Almost finished Uni for the year, got exams in 2 weeks. Going to be going home to a roleplaying group, which is good. Life is ok. Oh, and Kai's hair rocks.
Ikarus7
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Ikarus7 »

I'm currently living in the forest in a small house I helped build. I work with my friends in a small group that make medieval LARP for 400 to 500 player once a month and I try to make enough money with that to live. We ain't got electricity and I can only be on the internet because i'm the one in charge of the paperwork

I've finished my college diploma in electronic past december and I intend to never work as an electronics tech if I can help it...
<hr>The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.
The Eclipse
Knight of the Imperium

Post by The Eclipse »

I STILL work 60+ hours a week.

This last december I finally finished my MBA. I intend to continue my education though I haven't decided on a path yet. I have narrowed it down to getting my PhD in Business Administration. -OR- I'm going to get my Juris Doctorate and take the California Bar.

so WOOT, another 5+ years of school for me!

Aside from that, Amy is 4 years old now, Emma is 1. I alternate between loving and hating my job depending on the day, time, and humidity.

I am not involved in any RPG's right now, though I play paintball once a month or so.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
'How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
'You must be', said the Cat, 'or you wouldn't have come here.'

MooCow is a carrier of Mad Cow Disease
Ancient History
Demon

Post by Ancient History »

Summer session starts tomorrow, I just cleaned the garage, and I have a woefuully tall stack of books to get through. Oh, and I've much more work to be done on the web site revamping.

[/edit] Thank you for asking.
Reika
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Reika »

I'm in a very cool Exalted game with some very kickass players and GM.

Will be quitting the hellhole at the end of June because I can't take the shit anymore.

Currently applying to a college to see if I can go back to college in September.
Kwyndig
Grand Marshall of the Imperium
Location: The Orbiting Volcano Lair, high above the surface of Bulldrek

Post by Kwyndig »

Well, I've got a part time job starting tomorrow, depending on how it goes...

Unemployed Bulldrekkers = Unemployed Bulldrekkers -1 Image
kwyndig@yahoo.com This sig for rent, reasonable rates
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

Doing what? Expired milk tester?
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
Kwyndig
Location: The Orbiting Volcano Lair, high above the surface of Bulldrek

Post by Kwyndig »

Um, no... Although coincidentally I do work at a Nestle/Purina plant...
kwyndig@yahoo.com This sig for rent, reasonable rates
Eliahad
Squire of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Eliahad »

Going through tons of testing for various stuff. Ask me about it sometime, I may or may not tell you what it is. Working on a couple projects for an up-and-coming game company for, perhaps at some point, tens of dollars. Teaching cello, playing weddings all over the place. Have a song-cycle gig coming up...oh and I'm trying to get my masters.

And that's what I did on my summer vacation...
The Eclipse
Knight of the Imperium

Post by The Eclipse »

reika wrote:Will be quitting the hellhole at the end of June because I can't take the shit anymore.
congratulations, reika. damn the man.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
'How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
'You must be', said the Cat, 'or you wouldn't have come here.'

MooCow is a carrier of Mad Cow Disease
Johnny the Bull
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by Johnny the Bull »

Working 60 or more hours a week trying to complete a double load of coursework so I can start my MBA, LLM and CA accreditation in 2006. My life is a shit-mire of unpaid study.

I'd kill myself if I didn't want those fucking degrees and postgrad qualifications so bad.

EDIT: Fuck, congratulations on completing that MBA Eclipse. Gives me some hope that I might finish this shit after all.
Last edited by Johnny the Bull on Mon May 10, 2004 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
--------------------------------------------
No money, no honey
Kitt
Baron of the Imperium

Post by Kitt »

I'm sick again, as is usual, and I've just retouched my hair. Yay for redness. I still go to school and have no job, but will possibly be getting one over the summer, thanks in part to Rico. I've just completed a successful run of The Music Man and will soon be auditioning for two different productions of West Side Story and one production of Man of La Mancha. I still don't own any black socks, and am plotting the death of a classmate. Other than that, nothing has changed.

But thank you for checking up on us to make sure we're all being good, productive little kiddies.
Real life quotes, courtesy of the PetsHotel:
"Drop it, you pervert!"
"Ma'am? Ma'am! You are very round."
"It's a hump-a-palooza today."
"Everybody get away from the poop bucket!"
Reika

Post by Reika »

The Eclipse wrote:
congratulations, reika. damn the man.
Thankee E, no more whining about health insurance! ;)

And mucho congrats on your MBA.
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

I'm /still/ a Pretty Lady.

*MooCow takes all his clothes off and runs around the thread naked*
_
Cain is a Whore
Instant Cash is a Slut
Ancient History
Demon

Post by Ancient History »

Mommy, that man's udders are showing! :wideeyes
Bishop

Post by Bishop »

I don't think I'm ever going to be the same.

And I thank God Moo doesn't have my phone number.
Pax Romana, Motherfucker.
Breaker of unbreakable things.
Jackal
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by Jackal »

Well, as for me my jobs been a rollercoaster there are days when I really enjoy it and then there are days that it takes all my will to keep from walking out the door and never coming back.

I’m trying to decide what I want to do with my life currently. Working in the paint industry really isn’t for me but I’m not so certain that working with computers again really is either.

As far as gaming I play in an Exalted game once every two weeks and run one once a week, both on-line, as my local group has been dissolved due to complete lack of time these days.

Still haven’t finished with the repairs to my truck yet either. It’s a work in progress.
_
“Logic merely enables one to be wrong with authority.”
Nightsky
Location: metaplane of booze, illect substances, and nekkid women

Post by Nightsky »

Let's see.....I find myself on the threshold of change in life.

I'm in Radiology now, which I'm much happier with. Nothing like looking at someone's insides and being tempted to sterlize the stupider parts of humanity. I'll be working on a certification over the next year or so. By the end of which I'll likely be over mobile MRI unit.

I'm in a very happy pairing with Linda. Dare I say the "M" Word might be in my future. Another reason I'm glad I left my job as a drug rep. If I hadn't I would never have met her.

I'm also building my own personal catapult which should be completed sometime in July. Designed to launch a 40lb goat 100 ft. It should be quite entertaining.

I had a minor tumble with a 4wheeler at the beginning of the year that left me a hobbling cripple for a while, but it's all good now.
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

I AM I DON QUIXOTE! THE MAN OF LAMANCHA! DAdaa dee deedaadee deee...Um...or something.
Kitt
Baron of the Imperium

Post by Kitt »

Ahem.
I am I, Don Quixote, the lord of La Mancha, my destiny calls and I go, and the wild winds of fortune will carry me onward oh whither-so-ever they blow. Whither-so-ever they blow. Onward to glory I go. Hear me demons and wizards and serpents of sin, all your dastardly doings are past, for a holy endeavor is now to begin and virtue shall triumph at last.

But I'm going for Aldonza. Which would lead you to quote:
If you feel that you see me not quite at my virginal best, cross my palm with a coin and I'll willingly show you the rest. You have shown me the sky but what good is the sky to a creature who'll never do better than crawl? Of all the cruel bastards who've badgered and battered me, you are the cruelest of all. Don't you see what your gentle insanities do to me? Rob me of anger and give me despair. Blows and abuse I can take and give back again, tenderness I cannot bear. So please torture me now with your "sweet Dulcineas" no more. I am no-one, I'm nothing, I'm only Aldonza the whore. [cue rape scene]
Real life quotes, courtesy of the PetsHotel:
"Drop it, you pervert!"
"Ma'am? Ma'am! You are very round."
"It's a hump-a-palooza today."
"Everybody get away from the poop bucket!"
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

Which would lead me to quote something from The Fantastiks which I can't remember right now.
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

Moving to Grand Rapids. Yay! Getting my Master's Degree. Yay! School is much of my life. On days I have class, I will be going 8am-10pm this semester. :wideeyes ..With a 300 mile round trip to school and back. But golly-damn, I'll be the hell out of Saginaw! ll
To the entire world, you may be one single person, but to one person, you may be the entire world.
CykoSpin
Wuffle Master

Post by CykoSpin »

I'm going to move far, far away. Hopefully, within the next three weeks.
_SURPRISE! I don't like you!
JohnnyRico
Wuffle Student

Post by JohnnyRico »

Reika wrote:I'm in a very cool Exalted game with some very kickass players and GM.
Aw shucks, I wouldn't go as far as kickass. I'm more of a mediocre player when it comes to Exalted. But thanks anyway.

As for life, I'm working as a Best Buy computer services tech, although they've decided to use the name of the company they purchased and their outfits to change us a bit. Being a Counter (as in the desk we work behind) Intelligence Agent from the Geek Squad (I cry just a little bit more inside every time I see that orange and black logo.) doesn't stop the idiots from coming up and asking if I know if we have some lame-ass DVD instead of looking for themselves. But I degress.

My poor, poor '94 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme SL died this January, and was retired. In it's place I purchased a 2002 Buick Century, which incidentally rocks the same damn engine as my Cutlass used to. Before the engine went and died that is. Ah well, the Buick is nice. And I put a really nice Pioneer DEH-P8500MP deck into it.

I'm going to school at St. Joseph's College in Suffolk County in an attempt to become a High School Math teacher. Scary, isn't it? I also might have actually found a stable, fun, and incidentally good looking young woman that I like, who just might actually like me. Although I'm not sure, I'm still trying to figure that out. And before you all ask, No, it's not Kitt. Lord knows, she's about as far from stable as they get.

And now that you all know a bit more about me than you wanted to, I say, goodnight.
"I have a conundrum for you. A riddle if you will. What's the difference between you, and malard with a cold? I don't remember how it ends, but your mothers a whore." -"Sean Connery" Celebrity Jeopardy- SNL
Reika

Post by Reika »

JohnnyRico wrote:
Reika wrote:I'm in a very cool Exalted game with some very kickass players and GM.
Aw shucks, I wouldn't go as far as kickass. I'm more of a mediocre player when it comes to Exalted. But thanks anyway.
You're willing to put up with my crap in a game, therefore you kick ass. :D

And I still say the thought of you becoming a teacher is a scary, scary thought. ;)
Thorn
Wuffle Student

Post by Thorn »

Nightsky wrote:I'm in a very happy pairing with Linda. Dare I say the "M" Word might be in my future. Another reason I'm glad I left my job as a drug rep. If I hadn't I would never have met her.
M-word? You mean Methane? Dude, eat fewer beans! ;)

Seriously, good luck dude. That's awesome.
_<font color=red size=2>Just wait until I finish knitting this row.</font>
Instant Cash

Post by Instant Cash »

Kitt wrote:But thank you for checking up on us to make sure we're all being good, productive little kiddies.
Good kids? Yeah right, I know better. :D

I just want to see how everyone is doing and make sure you are still alive. ;)
I want to shoot one of these Church kids and ask them "Where is your god now!"
-Big Jim
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

DAMN YOU Kitt and Eli!!! Now I have to go get that CD out again.....

*MooCow shuffles off to joust with some windmilles*
_
Cain is a Whore
Instant Cash is a Slut
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

Nightsky wrote:I'm in a very happy pairing with Linda. Dare I say the "M" Word might be in my future. Another reason I'm glad I left my job as a drug rep. If I hadn't I would never have met her.
How long 'til you can get her posting here? :D
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

How long 'til you can get her posting here?
Shortly after he gets the soundproof basement wired for internet.... ;)
_
Cain is a Whore
Instant Cash is a Slut
Twisted Sister
Wuffle Student

Post by Twisted Sister »

Well since you asked....the low hanging fruit [for this read work colleague] has been plucked, stomped and fermented , which means I now have a bunch more to do. However, got sizable payrise to make up for that.

My application is with the HRDC, which will enable me to work in Canada and thus be with White Jesus, but that's taking ages *looks despondant* and is all incredibly frustrating, so in the meantime I'm renovating my back garden.

I have stopped gaming for a bit but occasionally help Dennis out with his rather exciting CoC game. And the summer's coming round, so the weather is getting milder and it's not dark when I wake up, which is altogether rather wonderful :roll
"Like hello, just because I am not using my arms, doesn't mean I am not working." - Jayson
Jestyr
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Jestyr »

Am not actually dead, despite total absence from Bulldrek and IRC. I've developed ulnar neural myopathy in my left arm, apparently caused - and definitely exacerbated - by typing. It's kinda like the bastard cousin of carpal tunnel syndrome.

I've thus been steering clear of fora that require or encourage me to type. I've been keeping myself sane with books and computer games, but it's kinda lonely...
__
Jeff Hauze: Wow. I think Jestyr just fucking kicked my ass.
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

I've been keeping myself sane with books and computer games, but it's kinda lonely...
Man... that's a dangerous thing to say around here.

*MooCow starts flipping through his rolodex*
_
Cain is a Whore
Instant Cash is a Slut
Bishop

Post by Bishop »

:lol
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

I'm pregnant.

I guess whoring does have its problems.
Chocolate sauce on a buttery nipple. *Bliss*
Bishop

Post by Bishop »

Yeah, sorry about that. You were just too good. :sex
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

I'm pregnant.

Yea! More Bulldrek Babies! :p
_
Cain is a Whore
Instant Cash is a Slut
Toon
Bulldrek Junkie
Location: Stuck to the grate right outside the sewage treatment plant.

Post by Toon »

An update: Life is good.

As for details, let's see... My job rocks, and has done so for over a year now. Got a newer van after I wrecked my old one last October, and it's definately a much nicer ride. Have an apartment of my own, which means that I finally managed to get a very annoying individual out of my life several months back. And living alone for more than a month for the first time in my life is great, though rather quiet. Or at least it would be if I weren't on the phone with my new girlfriend all the time. And speaking of, I am once again dating, as in seriously dating one specific individual. And she kicks much ass.

So let's correct that: Life is great!
_There are some who say that Time is itself a hammer: that each slow second marks another tap that makes big rocks into little rocks, waterfalls into canyons, cliffs into beaches.
There are some who say that Time is instead a blade. They see the dance of its razored tip, poised like a venomous snake, forever ready to slay faster than the eye can see.
And there are some who say that Time is both hammer and blade.
They say the hammer is a sculptor's mallet, and the blade is a sculptor's chisel: that each stroke is a refinement, a perfecting, a discovery of truth and beauty within what would otherwise be blank and lifeless stone.
And I name this saying wisdom.
Angel
Bulldrek Pimp
Location: Further from Tubuai Island than any other Bulldrekker, except for maybe Toryu.

Post by Angel »

Working

Working

Working

SO I quit my job, too much of this working stuff. Of course... my last day on the job won't be until Sept 30th, but I feel like a re-energized bunny just knowing that the stress and crap will soon end.

sometime this week is the sixth month anniversary of the relationship I am in, by far the nicest one so far.

Two days ago someoen I know gave me five cases of HP photo paper (his company went out of business), so I never again have to buy my fourth most purchased item!
- member since Sept 13th, 2000
Green-eyed kitten
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

Eliahad wrote:I'm pregnant.

??!!
_I'm a nightmare of every man's fantasy.
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

So is it wrong to hope for a monkey so we can rightly call Flame a monkey's uncle?

10:41 Kai: Ohayou minna
10:42 Adam: ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKER! :)
10:44 Kai: Fuck off, how's that? ;P
10:45 Adam: Much better.
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

According to Moo it's going to have flippers so I don't know. Ooop, it kicked. No...no...that was the chinese food.
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

??!!??!!
_I'm a nightmare of every man's fantasy.
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

You didn't know about my operation?