Hair Color

In the SST forum, users are free to discuss philosophy, music, art, religion, sock colour, whatever. It's a haven from the madness of Bulldrek; alternately intellectual and mundane, this is where the controversy takes place.
Kai
Wuffle Master

Hair Color

Post by Kai »

Because the fact that my hair fucking rocks and is still more important than Cain, a topic on hair color.

Do you like your natural color?
Have you ever thought about dyeing/dyed your hair? Color in a bottle or professionally?
Used non natural colors?

Ideally, if things like work and such didn't get in the way, what color/colors would you want to dye it?

10:41 Kai: Ohayou minna
10:42 Adam: ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKER! :)
10:44 Kai: Fuck off, how's that? ;P
10:45 Adam: Much better.
Eva
Baron of the Crimson Assfro

Re: Hair Color

Post by Eva »

Kai wrote:Because the fact that my hair fucking rocks and is still more important than Cain, a topic on hair color.
What a great way to start a thread. Teh funnay. :oD
One time I built a matter transporter, but things got screwed up (long story, lol) and I ended up turning into a kind of half-human, half-housefly monstrosity.
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

In truth, I wish I had black hair. Not sure why. Maybe I'm a wanna be goth?
Have you ever thought about dyeing/dyed your hair? Color in a bottle or professionally?
Yes. Punky Color.
Used non natural colors?
Yes. For my head I've done Red, Purple, and Green. On my Beard I've done Red, Purple, Blue, Green, Orange, and Yellow.
Ideally, if things like work and such didn't get in the way, what color/colors would you want to dye it?
Purple, maybe Blue. When I did the purple before it came out in this beautiful Irridescent purple that looked /so/ cool under black lights.
_
Cain is a Whore
Instant Cash is a Slut
Twisted Sister
Wuffle Student

Post by Twisted Sister »

Have you ever thought about dyeing/dyed your hair?
No, the thought has never crossed my mind. :D

[my next colour extensions go in at the end of the month :) Picked extensions instead of dye this time so the colour stays brighter for longer. Bleach is the only thing that really sticks so far as the 'fun' colours are concerned and that just sucks hair dry, so I only get black and white once in a blue moon. Usually it's black and red/pink or purple. Check the album area for results :roll ]
"Like hello, just because I am not using my arms, doesn't mean I am not working." - Jayson
Instant Cash
Bondsman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Instant Cash »

Do you like your natural color? Yes

Have you ever thought about dyeing/dyed your hair? Color in a bottle or professionally? Um, not really

Used non natural colors? I am too lazy to try and color my hair any different. Plus it would fuck with my hair and possibly damage it.
I want to shoot one of these Church kids and ask them "Where is your god now!"
-Big Jim
Eva
Baron of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Eva »

Oh, and your hair really does fucking rock, Sara.
One time I built a matter transporter, but things got screwed up (long story, lol) and I ended up turning into a kind of half-human, half-housefly monstrosity.
Daki
No-Life Loser

Post by Daki »

I like my natural hair color of a strange brown that changes from very light brown / blonde to very dark depending on the time of year and how much time I spend in the sun. I have never changed the color before but I have always been tempted to add in some grey highlights.
Bishop
Grand Marshall of the Imperium

Post by Bishop »

Back when I had long hair, I dyed it black. I liked the look. I let my cousin, who is a hair stylist, have fun with it one day. Ended up mainly black, with a white streak, and red high lights which he put in a braid. You would have had to see it to believe it.

About two weeks ago, I shaved my head. I kind of like that look, too, although it took some getting used to. First couple times I saw myself in the mirror I had to do a doubletake.
Pax Romana, Motherfucker.
Breaker of unbreakable things.
Instant Cash

Post by Instant Cash »

Bishop wrote: About two weeks ago, I shaved my head. I kind of like that look, too, although it took some getting used to. First couple times I saw myself in the mirror I had to do a doubletake.

Whoa.... I can only imagine. Like you needed any help looking intimidating :)
I want to shoot one of these Church kids and ask them "Where is your god now!"
-Big Jim
Bishop
Grand Marshall of the Imperium

Post by Bishop »

I do have to admit..I have scared myself a couple times. ;) Course, then the mirror broke.
Pax Romana, Motherfucker.
Breaker of unbreakable things.
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

Heh, now I have this image of Bishop with black wraparounds grinning hugely in that kind of Mr. Clean stance, except in a more "I will hurt you so bad you will feel it last week" way...

Thanks Eva :) Mine is totally a professional job. My hair is really fine and extremely chemical sensitive, I don't think it would survive OTC bleach/peroxide, and I know I don't have the skill to make it look this good. The color system the hair salon uses is a base and toner mix system, the blue is actually a heck of a lot of of toner that's normally used to tint the base colors :) Its a heat reactive process, so some foil and a straightening iron made it go super vibrant. The dark brown is real close to black, so it looks black without that matte black fake look.

I don't think I'd try OTC kits for fear of what'd it do, and definitly not the non-naturals on my own.

10:41 Kai: Ohayou minna
10:42 Adam: ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKER! :)
10:44 Kai: Fuck off, how's that? ;P
10:45 Adam: Much better.
Daki
No-Life Loser

Post by Daki »

Szechuan wrote:If I ever dyed my hair, it'd be a really dark green that, mixed with the natural brown, would look black unless the light hit it the right way.
And I will immediately begin calling you Ernie.
Szechuan
No-Life Loser

Post by Szechuan »

Daki wrote:
Szechuan wrote:If I ever dyed my hair, it'd be a really dark green that, mixed with the natural brown, would look black unless the light hit it the right way.
And I will immediately begin calling you Ernie.
As in Evil?
Liniah

Post by Liniah »

1- Kai, you're hair fucking rocks! Kick ass. :cool

2- Do you like your natural color? Yup.

3- Have you ever thought about dyeing/dyed your hair? Yup.

4- Color in a bottle or professionally? I prefer to do it myself.

5- Used non natural colors? Yup.

6- Ideally, if things like work and such didn't get in the way, what color/colors would you want to dye it? I have had it green, red, pink, teal, black, blonde, and various shades of natural redish-browns, at one point it kinda turned calico, I've also done high lights. I'd really like to keep dying it cause I think it's fun and like to change it, but from bleaching it so many years, my hair has gotten a lot thinner and I really don't want it to fall out or anything, so I'm trying to just let it be for a while, at least until it gets healthy again. However, that's hard cause I really like to dye it.
<center><font face="monospace" color=#0099FF font size="-1">one more blue sunny day</font></center>
Moonwolf
Wuffle Master

Post by Moonwolf »

Do you like your natural hair colour: Er, it's ok. It's not amazing.

Dying: Yup.

Bottle/professional: Bottle.

Non-natural: Yup.

Colours: Blues/purples. Got it a really dark blue at the moment.
Angel
Bulldrek Pimp
Location: Further from Tubuai Island than any other Bulldrekker, except for maybe Toryu.

Post by Angel »

Do you like your natural color? Yep, but I
changed my hair color about a year or so ago.
Naturally, I'm a somewhat redhead, but with odd light
streaks running through.

Have you ever thought about dyeing/dyed your
hair?
For a long long time I dyed my hair
uniformly red, but then I was hi-lighting it using the
colors that I have naturally, but in a bit more
vibrant shades. Now... I have dark brown hair, it
rocks!

Color in a bottle or professionally?
Professional. It's okay to experiment with colors on
your own, but when you find the one you wanna stick
with I suggest you grab a Professional (a good one)
and never let go. I spend a small fortune on my hair,
between coloring every so often, conditioners,
shampoos, and styling (trimming).

Used non natural colors? ehh... my personal
tastes are against it, but for other people it can
certainly work, sometimes amazingly so. Viennese
women are into coloring their hair in some fantastic
colors, and every so often it just stuns me how
wonderful some of them look.

Ideally, if things like work and such didn't get in
the way, what color/colors would you want to dye
it?
Black, "shiny-sexy-liquid-sex-black" or... I
WISH they had a white hair dye. That would be beyond
cool.
- member since Sept 13th, 2000
Green-eyed kitten
crone
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by crone »

Love that blue, Kai. I tried to dye my hair blue many times, but it never really worked. Then I asked a professional and she told me to bleach it first, but even then it would only last a week or two. I didn't want to kill my hair, so I didn't. I don't care enough about my hair to do dye it any more.

When people dye their hair, I like it if they put some kind of highlights, or shading, through. Otherwise it tends to look really unnatural (OK, sometimes that's the look someone's going for).
Adam
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Adam »

Kai wrote:Do you like your natural color?
Yeah, I like it well enough.
Colour in a bottle; fuck that professional shit. I'll take purple stains in the shower and sleeping in tinfoil with cockroaches, thanks. :-)
Used non natural colors?
Yeah, green. I'm pondering doing a yellow -> orange -> red thing, but I don't know how that will work out...
Ikarus7
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Ikarus7 »

Nope. I find brown to be somehow boring.
I have colored my mohawk myself many time with color in a bottle product (I also tried with freshly killed chicken but blood doesn't do good hair color...)
Used non natural colors?
My hair and mohawk has been green, grey, white, black and is currently Blue.
<hr>The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.
laughing Monkey
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by laughing Monkey »

No. Its brown and now graying....So no.

Have you ever thought about dyeing/dyed your hair? Color in a bottle or professionally? Yes. As a matter of fact I may switch to blonde or go with a brighter red.

Used non natural colors? Yuppers! I used to have Blue (favorite one), Pink, Purple, mulit-color, Blonde/red 2-tone.

Its amazing I still have all my hair. :D
_ The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?</hr>
Ancient History
Demon

Post by Ancient History »

Yes and no. I like having red hair, I'd just prefer a deeper red or a brighter orange.

Yes. I've sometimes considered becoming a true bottle blond, but frankly I love my hair too much to fuck with it that way. I'd rather just shave it all off again.

Used non natural colors?
I've never completely understood this practice, but that's mainly because I see people with dark skin and really bad red/blond/golden hair-do's which I think like fucking ridiculous. Moreso than any given person with bright pink or deep blue hair.
Johnny the Bull
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by Johnny the Bull »

Once summer comes round my hair gets really blonde, so yeah.

Have you ever thought about dyeing/dyed your hair? Color in a bottle or professionally? Used non natural colors?

I've thought about it, but it would have to be a darker natural shade done by a professional. I can't see myself with odd coloured hair, especially given that employers hate non-conformist hairstyles.

I wouldn't dye it at all, though I would style it differently.
--------------------------------------------
No money, no honey
Kitt
Baron of the Imperium

Post by Kitt »

Natural hair color: dislike. It's too blah.
Thought about dying: do it regularly
Color in a bottle or pro: Used to be pro, but now I go genie all the way
Used non-natural colors: fuck yeah. the first one was so red that it wasnt. I have pictures somewhere...
Ideally: Black. I look better with black hair than I do with any other color. Red does still work, though, if I need to use a second choice
Real life quotes, courtesy of the PetsHotel:
"Drop it, you pervert!"
"Ma'am? Ma'am! You are very round."
"It's a hump-a-palooza today."
"Everybody get away from the poop bucket!"
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

Only whores have red hair.
_
Cain is a Whore
Instant Cash is a Slut
Toryu
Wuffle Initiate

Post by Toryu »

Eva and Angel will be delighted to read this, Moo. :)
"What is it about blogs, forums and LiveJournal that just invite stupid fights, Davan? Is acting like an ass a clause in the user agreement?"
Ghotty
Bulldrekker

Post by Ghotty »

I wish I had redder hair. And either
1. Dreadlocked hair. Big, thick locks in a lion-like mane.
2. thick braids, and really long hair. So I could have massive braids.
Allahu Akbar
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

Eva and Angel will be delighted to read this, Moo.
Hey, if the shoe fits..... *MooCow ducks* :D
_
Cain is a Whore
Instant Cash is a Slut
Toryu
Wuffle Initiate

Post by Toryu »

Moo: :lol
"What is it about blogs, forums and LiveJournal that just invite stupid fights, Davan? Is acting like an ass a clause in the user agreement?"
The Eclipse
Knight of the Imperium

Post by The Eclipse »

Right about the time I discovered bulldrek my hair was blond, then I was promoted to management and decided that it would be best if I go back to my natural brown.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
'How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
'You must be', said the Cat, 'or you wouldn't have come here.'

MooCow is a carrier of Mad Cow Disease
Thorn
Wuffle Student

Post by Thorn »

Not so fond of my natural color - dirty dishwater blonde-ish. Boring, and not super-flattering.

I've dyed it a few times - the coolest one I ever did was a black streak up front, during a summer that I was working outside a lot - really great contrast. Though I also really liked the red I had going on at GenCon last year - I've re-done that color several times since, though it fades like fury, no matter how careful I am.

I had highlights done by a professional once, but they turned out just /too/ subtle. Am thinking about giving the pro thing another try though.

Have totally thought about non-natural colors. Heck, depending on what's going on with my work-life once the babies are christened, I might finally take my shot at dying my hair purple. That would fuckin' rock (maybe as much as Kai's hair does, even!). I've kind of pondered other colors, but none of the others appeal nearly as much as a nice deep purple does.
_<font color=red size=2>Just wait until I finish knitting this row.</font>
Kitt
Baron of the Imperium

Post by Kitt »

Thorn wrote:...though it fades like fury, no matter how careful I am.
That has to do with your exposure to natural light and what's in the water you wash your hair with. It also has to do with what kind of haircolor you use and your natural resistance to it. I don't know what shampoo/conditioner you use, but in my experience, two different brands worked well. Either Herbal Essences Fruit Fusion (the one for color treated hair or the purple one- I don't remember what that one's for, but it resists fading) or Neutrogena (Either the blue or pink shampoo [color defending or replenishing, respectively] but most definitely the blue conditioner.)

Guys can use this rule of thumb as well, assuming they're not afraid to have their hair smell pretty. ;)
Real life quotes, courtesy of the PetsHotel:
"Drop it, you pervert!"
"Ma'am? Ma'am! You are very round."
"It's a hump-a-palooza today."
"Everybody get away from the poop bucket!"
Crazy Elf
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Crazy Elf »

Moo wrote:In truth, I wish I had black hair. Not sure why. Maybe I'm a wanna be goth?
Maybe you want a knuckle sandwich with katana garnishing, bitch.
laughing Monkey
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by laughing Monkey »

Only whores have red hair.
Really??? Hmmm....I pictured you with blonde hair...
_ The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?</hr>
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

wrote:Do you like your natural color?
Eh. Not really.
Have you ever thought about dyeing/dyed your hair? Color in a bottle or professionally? Used non natural colors?
Pfft. Done it before, bright fuscia hair in college. Back then, I could get awat wiht it ay my job by wearing a hat. Now that I'm a supervisor (all of the shit, none of the power!), It's harder to get away with. Maybe for GenCon...

Ideally, I'd have my hair blonde again. I was a lifeguard for a number of years and because of that, my hair would be really blonde at the end of the summer.
Red or blue.
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

Really??? Hmmm....I pictured you with blonde hair...
God I love you Monkey. Marry me? :D
I was a lifeguard for a number of years and because of that,
You're going to die of skin cancer. MUWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
_
Cain is a Whore
Instant Cash is a Slut
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

Yeah. It's a dark, rich chestnut color (dark brown with hints of red from my Grandpa's genes.) It just gets old sometimes.

I've dyed my hair both myself, and professionally. I've had it almost every (natural) color. I've gotten quite good at doing it myself. I even have friends request me to do theirs. I have my occasional mess-up, but I usually only go to a professional if I want something drastic. The last one ignored my requests and made me a total blonde late last summer. If someone's gonna mess up my head, it's gonna be me.

Used non natural colors?
Nothing permanent.

I would want it a deep chesnut/auburn - similar to my natural color, with strong red and light brown streaks throughout. Just for fun, though. I wouldn't want to look that way for very long.
To the entire world, you may be one single person, but to one person, you may be the entire world.
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

MooCow wrote:
I was a lifeguard for a number of years and because of that,
You're going to die of skin cancer. MUWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Probably. I've already accepted it.
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
Twisted Sister
Wuffle Student

Post by Twisted Sister »

Adam wrote:I'm pondering doing a yellow -> orange -> red thing, but I don't know how that will work out...
Um...*boggles*
"Like hello, just because I am not using my arms, doesn't mean I am not working." - Jayson
TLM
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by TLM »

I have never dyed my hair, but I have been considering belaching it and then dyeing it silvery gray, or chalk white. Just so I'd do the whole opposite of goths-thing. If I ever do go through with it, I'll probably have it done professionally, since my hair is a mess on the best of days (Think long, ash-blonde, lotsa curls. And I move a lot in my sleep.)

I've also considered a bright metallic neon green, but I dumped that option pretty quick when I let my hair grow.
Geneticists have established that all women share a common ancestor, called Eve, and that all men share a common ancestor, dubbed Adam. However, it has also been established that Adam was born 80.000 years after Eve. So, the world before him was one of heavy to industral strength lesbianism, one assumes.
-Stephen Fry, QI
sinsual

Post by sinsual »

Do you like your natural color? not anymore, growing up it was whiteblonde and now its very lightbrown dirty blonde.

Have you ever thought about dyeing/dyed your hair? yes
Color in a bottle or professionally? both
Used non natural colors? yes

In highschool I had a mohawk in which the base color was raven black and the top 3 inches of the spikes were tipped in blood red. When the mohawk was down and brushed back the tips would make a bloodred "cobra's hood marking" on my back. Course mind you my hair was down to my waist. Think Michael Weincott in the Crow or the lead singer for the Cult without the Native American facial structure :D
www.evieshope.com
No infant should have Eye Cancer...