[Day Dreaming]If you could live anywhere?

In the SST forum, users are free to discuss philosophy, music, art, religion, sock colour, whatever. It's a haven from the madness of Bulldrek; alternately intellectual and mundane, this is where the controversy takes place.
Serious Paul
Devil

[Day Dreaming]If you could live anywhere?

Post by Serious Paul »

So if you could live anywhere, where would your perfect place be? It doesn't have to be anything specific, or even in the same time period. Feel free to add whatever suites your purposes.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Everywhere.
Kitt
Baron of the Imperium

Post by Kitt »

Killkelly Ireland, in the Rennaissance era. Why? I love Ireland. It's gorgeous, I'm Irish, it just makes sense. I also like the Rennaissance era because the clothes are like, I can't even describe it, but there's something massively hot about corset-like dresses that are obscenely low-cut and leave plenty of room underneath to wear pants.
Real life quotes, courtesy of the PetsHotel:
"Drop it, you pervert!"
"Ma'am? Ma'am! You are very round."
"It's a hump-a-palooza today."
"Everybody get away from the poop bucket!"
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Kitt wrote:I'm Irish
Hah! More EuroDrekkers. :)
lorg
Wuffle Master

Post by lorg »

I'm quite happy where I am in time and as a matter of geography. But a nicer flat wouldn't hurt.
Crazy Elf
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Crazy Elf »

Mountain. Landmines. Solitude.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Crazy Elf wrote:Mountain. Landmines. Solitude.
You wouldn't survive without an audience. :)
Thunderchild
Bulldrekker

Post by Thunderchild »

DV8 wrote:
You wouldn't survive without an audience. :)
Give the loony a webcam and some T3 cable....

As for myself, i would take somewhere with realy bad weather, and probably todays time, so seattle or england. Maybe germany if i could learn the language.
sinsual
Bondsman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by sinsual »

Honolulu Hawaii...nuff said
www.evieshope.com
No infant should have Eye Cancer...
Instant Cash

Post by Instant Cash »

As many places as I could get a house at. Then have a boat to cruise coast lines.
I want to shoot one of these Church kids and ask them "Where is your god now!"
-Big Jim
Crazy Elf
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Crazy Elf »

Deev wrote:You wouldn't survive without an audience. :)
I can give up any time I want to.
Eva
Baron of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Eva »

Right now, I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. Sure, ask me again in October, but I can't think of a nicer place to be in Spring than Amsterdam.
One time I built a matter transporter, but things got screwed up (long story, lol) and I ended up turning into a kind of half-human, half-housefly monstrosity.
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

I also like the Rennaissance era
So do I, mainly because women had no rights..... *MooCow ducks* :D
So if you could live anywhere, where would your perfect place be? It doesn't have to be anything specific, or even in the same time period. Feel free to add whatever suites your purposes.
Hmmmm..... Alpha Centauri 5000 years from now so I can have a pet space shark with a laser on his head. :D

Time frame is really hard to say. Every era had it's problems, even the modern era. Place is a bit easier. Ireland might be cool, just cause it's Ireland. Then again, maybe out Western US during the frontier days.

When all's said and done, I'm actually pretty happy here in Chicago. When I retire my ideal would be the old family homestead in New Mexico.
_
Cain is a Whore
Instant Cash is a Slut
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

I have several.

I would like a 30th plus story two full floor apartment in NYC in the Empire State Building. I would line the walls with book shelves,and I would use transparent industrial strength glass/plastic for my floors with various levels being seperated by transparent stairways, that could be hued at a command electrically. The effect I would like is floating rooms with out walls. Each area would have its own distinct use, and would be contained with in the walls of knowledge.
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

That's a farking awesome idea Paul. That's going on my list of things to do when I win the super mega power monkey lottery.
_
Cain is a Whore
Instant Cash is a Slut
Liniah

Post by Liniah »

Serious Paul wrote:I have several.

I would like a 30th plus story two full floor apartment in NYC in the Empire State Building. I would line the walls with book shelves,and I would use transparent industrial strength glass/plastic for my floors with various levels being seperated by transparent stairways, that could be hued at a command electrically. The effect I would like is floating rooms with out walls. Each area would have its own distinct use, and would be contained with in the walls of knowledge.
So..I guess I shouldn't wear a skirt when I come to visit.
<center><font face="monospace" color=#0099FF font size="-1">one more blue sunny day</font></center>
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

So..I guess I shouldn't wear a skirt when I come to visit.
No no. You /should/. :D
_
Cain is a Whore
Instant Cash is a Slut
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

Oh god...hrm...the closest thing to the perfect place to live would be the perfect house and enough ability though cash, technology, or whatever to simply vanish anywhere else I wanted to go, and I kinda like present era.

Which, the impossible house, old small belt-type assembly line factory, two stories tall, scrubbed down to bare metal, turn the old belt tracks into tables, the machine housing's into cabinets and appliances, build loft style platforms of various sizes at the second story level with their own spiral staircases, a bedroom, an art area, etc, route the heating and AC as a huge water exchange system, turn the long west exposure wall into electronically switched opaque/transparent filter glass as well as the west half of the roof, the whole thing set somplace where I get a clear view of sunset and maybe montains to watch the storms roll in.

10:41 Kai: Ohayou minna
10:42 Adam: ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKER! :)
10:44 Kai: Fuck off, how's that? ;P
10:45 Adam: Much better.
Daki
No-Life Loser

Post by Daki »

You forgot the ebola bombs and automated sentry cannons.
Liniah

Post by Liniah »

Somewhere near water. Also, somewhere that it doesn't get too hot or humid. It needs to snow there and have hills. Nothing too inland- I like the ocean. Lots of trees, or at least have them near by. There are good things about cities, towns, and country- I always have trouble deciding between them.

I want a larger-than-normal bathtub..maybe the jacusi type. Huge bathroom. Maybe a fountain. A music room. A loft. An activity room, probably in the basement. Swimming pool. A balcony off the master bed room, which would be on the top floor of the house.

Gah. I don't like this question. I always change my mind. Iduno. I can't answer this well- I like too many opposing things. Hrm.
<center><font face="monospace" color=#0099FF font size="-1">one more blue sunny day</font></center>
Salvation122
Grand Marshall of the Imperium

Post by Salvation122 »

Next to a woman and children who love me as much as I love them.
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

Two places. I want to be on the beaches of Guam, with a huge front porch facing the west, complete with one of those little wooden, hanging swing-benches. Oooh, and a nice hammock. The house would be modest, but have lots of windows.

The other place I would want would be a significantly-larger home on the Isle of Wight, off the coast of England. Those who know me know why I pick there. Anyways, it'd be large with a full art room, a ballroom for entertaining, a library, and large, circular staircaises. Woot!
To the entire world, you may be one single person, but to one person, you may be the entire world.
lordhellion
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by lordhellion »

A large house in the PacNW, preferably in the mountains, somewhere in a large isolated plot of land with crags, forests, and a lake. Generally far enough from everyone else when I want to be alone, and huge enough that I can throw killer parties when I don't.
_No one was ever put in a history book for being a great conformist.
FlakJacket
Orbital Cow Private

Post by FlakJacket »

Liniah wrote:Somewhere near water. Also, somewhere that it doesn't get too hot or humid. It needs to snow there and have hills. Nothing too inland- I like the ocean. Lots of trees, or at least have them near by. There are good things about cities, towns, and country- I always have trouble deciding between them.
So you want to live in California? Pick the right spot and you're only a couple hours from all of the things you want AFAIK.
The 86 Rules of Boozing

75. Beer makes you mellow, champagne makes you silly, wine makes you dramatic, tequila makes you felonious.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

I also wouldn't mind a home in Malaga Spain. The temperature is pretty mild, and the town is beautiful. I'd like a large villa with a multi level terraced garden and pool(s).
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

FlakJacket wrote:
Liniah wrote:Somewhere near water. Also, somewhere that it doesn't get too hot or humid. It needs to snow there and have hills. Nothing too inland- I like the ocean. Lots of trees, or at least have them near by. There are good things about cities, towns, and country- I always have trouble deciding between them.
So you want to live in California? Pick the right spot and you're only a couple hours from all of the things you want AFAIK.
Yup!
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
Ikarus7
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Ikarus7 »

I'm happy were I actually live.
<hr>The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Liniah wrote:So..I guess I shouldn't wear a skirt when I come to visit.
Oh sure I get rich, buy a place with transparent floors and THEN the girls go and get all modest on me. :cool
Reika
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Reika »

No real specific country, but my ideal place would be a one story house with all of the amenities. The house would be near a large pond in a clearing of a deciduous forest with mountains nearby.

And no damn neighbors.
Kitt
Baron of the Imperium

Post by Kitt »

DV8 wrote:Hah! More EuroDrekkers. :)
Just coz I'm Irish doesn't mean I'm a "EuroDrekker." I'm a New Yorker, tyvm, but I can put on the best brogue anyone's ever heard and if you saw me in the summer, you'd be like, "Damn, thats the most Irish chick I've ever seen." But that's just cozza my hair and my freckles.
Real life quotes, courtesy of the PetsHotel:
"Drop it, you pervert!"
"Ma'am? Ma'am! You are very round."
"It's a hump-a-palooza today."
"Everybody get away from the poop bucket!"
Thorn
Wuffle Student

Post by Thorn »

Well, I've got the town right - Madison just suits me. But I'd want one of those gorgeous houses on Spaight, looking out over Lake Monona... ooh, or a swanky house along the Yahara River and a job further down the Yajara River, so I could boat to work in the summer.

Alternatively? A really nice apartment in Chicago, someplace with a great view, which is mostly just the place I go to rest between jet-setting jaunts around the world.... ;)
_<font color=red size=2>Just wait until I finish knitting this row.</font>
Ghotty
Bulldrekker

Post by Ghotty »

Heaven
Allahu Akbar