Movies: Summer 2004

In the SST forum, users are free to discuss philosophy, music, art, religion, sock colour, whatever. It's a haven from the madness of Bulldrek; alternately intellectual and mundane, this is where the controversy takes place.
Lilith
Bulldrekker

Post by Lilith »

Personally, I'm waiting for

http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/inc ... /main.html

The Incredibles.

(Edited for stupid html error)
_
Pretty Hate Machine
ak404
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by ak404 »

Serious Paul wrote:BD2 I have heard whispers about but haven't put effort intot racking. I should, if it comes out it will be the one movie this year I definitely see on opening night with out question.

And if they fuck it up, me and everyone here re going to Hollywood, to KILL BURN and DESTROY whomever fucked one of the best ideas ever.
That would be Troy Duffy - he can't fuck the idea up because it's his.

Basically, the BDS and Il Duce go back to Ireland, but when some murderers in Boston start mackin' on the BDS style and framing them for murders (evidently, they're hitting the innocent...I guess), the BDS and Il Duce go back to America to kick some unholy ass.
"There is surely nothing other than the single purpose of the present moment. A man's whole life is a succession of moment after moment. If one fully understands the present moment, there will be nothing else to do, and nothing left to pursue." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

I'm not sure if this film has been mentioned already, but I'm looking forward to Immortel, one of the few French films I'm looking forward to, reminiscent of Luc Besson's Fifth Element.
FlakJacket
Orbital Cow Private

Post by FlakJacket »

Fucked up French film ahoy! :D

I'll be seeing it though.
The 86 Rules of Boozing

75. Beer makes you mellow, champagne makes you silly, wine makes you dramatic, tequila makes you felonious.
Buzzed
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Buzzed »

Immortel looks fubar. Looks like decent cg though.
Spiral
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Spiral »

FUBAR is almost always a good thing. I like fubared things, because I rarely know what's coming next--an increasingly rare treat.
FlakJacket
Orbital Cow Private

Post by FlakJacket »

Oh it definately looks weird. But also incredibly good as well. It's pretty high up on my must view list.
The 86 Rules of Boozing

75. Beer makes you mellow, champagne makes you silly, wine makes you dramatic, tequila makes you felonious.
Chopper
Tasty Human

Post by Chopper »

The sequal to The Bourne Identity. The Bourne Supremacy. July 23. I enjoyed the first one, I'll watch this one. Different director this time though, we will have to see how this one turns out.

http://joblo.com/upcomingmovies/movies.php?id=85
Chopper
Tasty Human

Post by Chopper »

I know this isn't a summer movie, and it makes me look bad to have read this review. Very un-mocho of me.

http://joblo.com/upcomingmovies/movies.php?id=277

This part of the plot line caught my attention.
Apart from discovering that he's a conservative voter, she has to deal with a new boss, strange contractor, and the worst vacation of her life.
So being a conservative voter is automatically a "bad thing" in Hollywood? WTF? Of course the person writing the review could simply be a flaming liberal.
FlakJacket
Orbital Cow Private

Post by FlakJacket »

Chopper wrote:The sequal to The Bourne Identity. The Bourne Supremacy. July 23. I enjoyed the first one, I'll watch this one. Different director this time though, we will have to see how this one turns out.
After having read the books, wasn't all that impressed with the film. The film itself was okay, just not as good as if you know what I mean. But then books usually do things like that better in my opinion.
The 86 Rules of Boozing

Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

I'm looking forward to the only movie I will likely see this summer - Spiderman 2. I love my parents, I love them good. They'll be driving about ten hours round trip to see us, watch the twins and let us go to a movie. They deserve mucho gratitude.
<a href="http://heftywrenches.wordpress.com">Agent Zero Speaks!</a>
FlakJacket
Orbital Cow Private

Post by FlakJacket »

No love for Shrek? I'm surprised.
The 86 Rules of Boozing

DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

FlakJacket wrote:Oh it definately looks weird. But also incredibly good as well. It's pretty high up on my must view list.
Then you might be in for a long wait, it seems that the European distributors are some legal spat with the production house. Don't ask me to found that, since I got this off a colleague who's really into the comics the movie is based on.
FlakJacket wrote:No love for Shrek? I'm surprised.
Shrek's on the list for tonight. :)
mrmooky
Wuffle Student

Post by mrmooky »

Chopper wrote:[re Bridget Jones] So being a conservative voter is automatically a "bad thing" in Hollywood?
In some parts of the UK, it's pretty socially undesirable. Or so I'm told.
DV8 wrote:I'm not sure if this film has been mentioned already, but I'm looking forward to Immortel, one of the few French films I'm looking forward to, reminiscent of Luc Besson's Fifth Element.
Ooh, looks watchable.

I'm hoping for something soon that's:
a) Controversial, and
b) Not a documentary

Not getting my hopes up, though.
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

Chopper wrote:
Apart from discovering that he's a conservative voter, she has to deal with a new boss, strange contractor, and the worst vacation of her life.
So being a conservative voter is automatically a "bad thing" in Hollywood? WTF? Of course the person writing the review could simply be a flaming liberal.
Or Bridget Jones could be a "flaming liberal" and the man she loves (Mark) happens to be her opposite politically. Jeesh, it's not a Hollywood thing, it's a character/plot thing.
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

My summer time movie thoughts:

Movie I'll Like no matter what: Spiderman 2. they'd really have to screw the pooch to not get my buck. If I see one movie at the theater this summer, it will this one.

Movie that sounds just bad ass, but I won't see: The clearing starring William Dafoe and Rob Redford. I'll see this on video I think.

Most potential to suck: King Arthur. Hands down. Followed by I, Robot. I am pretty picky in both those genres. (Well really just the one, SciFi.)

Movie I want to hate but can't: Bourne Supremacy. Don't know why, I loved the first one, but this one just gets under my skin.(So far.)

Movie i'll wait to believe when I see it: Aliens V. Predator. When it really gets released I believe in it! Until then "Lalallalalalallaal"

Movie I won't tell any one i enjoyed: Princess Diaries 2.

Best Potential Horror flick: Exorcist the begining.
Chopper
Tasty Human

Post by Chopper »

I'm expecting Aliens vs. Predator to be #1 on the suck list.