Insane pet peeves

In the SST forum, users are free to discuss philosophy, music, art, religion, sock colour, whatever. It's a haven from the madness of Bulldrek; alternately intellectual and mundane, this is where the controversy takes place.
Crazy Elf
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Crazy Elf »

Sock_Monkey wrote:3) Goths. If black is your thing that's fine. What I can't stand are those twits who try to romantisize death or think it would be cool to be a vampire. Death ain't cool, it ain't some forlorn pretty girl with bad make up dyed hair. Death is the crushed corpse of a worker in the mud of a construction site. Think about that you paintstick wearing malnourished freaks.
16) People who totally steal my shit.

17) People of the Ross persuasion who think that they're somehow enlightened due to their sexual prefference.
If you think that all straight people are lower class citizens, then I'll beat the fuck out of you for being stupid, not for being a Ross.

18) When someone speaks in another language that you don't know in order to try to make themselves look intelligent.
If you can't speak something I can, that's cool, ill comunication is the way of things. If, however, you're just trying to show off and I can't understand you, it's no longer impressive, it's fucking moronic. Suck fist!

19) Anyone who complains about being overweight, but never does any exercise.
You're fat, run.

20) When someone feels the need to quote a movie, then re-enact the whole scene.
Wow, you watched the same movie ten times in a row. I spent that time doing something USEFUL! *slap*

21) When some random fuck says, "asl?" to me online.
It's worth me getting their address, just so I can petrol bomb their house.

22) Girls who wear almost no clothing in public, then complain when someone gawks at them.
Feminism doesn't mean you get to disband logic. It's like jumping out in front of a fully loaded Mac Truck going 100kph and being suprised when you get run over.

23) Someone who claims to be an expert on topics they know nothing about.
If you don't know, shut up and learn.

24) Insecure morons who have to bag out everyone around them, but can't take it when the same thing is done to them.
Out of the kitchen you temperature sensitive bitch.

25) Those that talk to children as though they're retarded.
Kids can understand what you're saying, and at the moment they think you're a total fuckhead.

26) People who claim to be bisexual/asexual, but in actual fact they mean they're not getting any.
Deal with reality, and do push ups, you fat bastard.

27) People who put on an English accent in order to try and sound intelligent.
No, you sound fucking stupid when you were born in Australia, doofus.

28) New-Age Junkies who claim to be very peaceful, but are in actual fact very narrow minded angry people.
Wave that crystal at me again, and I'll shove it up your first chakra point.

29) Anyone who thinks Delta Goodram is a hero for having cancer.
I want the sort of cancer that doesn't change your health, appearance, or performance capacity, and makes you sell thousands of records due to free press.

30) When Hollywood has to remake really good movies from overseas, such as Ring, and makes sub standard pieces of garbage instead.
And anyone who thinks that their genius for comming up with the idea afterward.
Daki
No-Life Loser

Post by Daki »

Thunderchild wrote:Now im not saying its you cash, but one of my pet peeves is those damn americans who think that we ride kangaroos, every animal we have is poisonous and that we all live in the outback. next time an american asks me that im gonna say "yeah, and is it true all americans drive massive pickup trucks, drink really shitty beer and fuck their sisters"
Quick note... not all Americans are that bloody stupid.
PMWrestler
Bulldrekker

Post by PMWrestler »

1. Rich kids that act like they're from the ghetto. If you wore that huge 3,000 dollar necklace, and 200 dollar shiny denim suit thing to Bed-Sty, in about 15 minutes you would be walking around in your boxers and your chain is going to be around some thugs neck.

2. Office types who act like religiously following baseball or football makes you a 'real man'. It doesn't. It makes you some pathetic loser who lives your life vicariously through others.

3. When people call athletes heroes because they play hurt sometimes. I can't think of one athlete I would call a hero. A hero is a fireman, or a cop, or the single mother who works 3 jobs to support her kids, or the poor kid who studies thier ass off to get into Harvard. Those are heroes. Not a guy who catches a ball and plays with a sore ankle once in a while. And it annoys me that athletes who don't do drugs or rape women get put on this pedastal solely for following the rules.

4. The fact that even though girls say they want a nice guy. They don't. They want a nice guy to bitch to about the asshole thier banging.
Daki
No-Life Loser

Post by Daki »

CrazyElf wrote:30) When Hollywood has to remake really good movies from overseas, such as Ring, and makes sub standard pieces of garbage instead.
And anyone who thinks that their genius for comming up with the idea afterward.
You can rest assured that they will NEVER remake Battle Royale. NO WAY that movie would fly in Hollywood.
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

I just hate stupid people.
To the entire world, you may be one single person, but to one person, you may be the entire world.
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

Oh, and those automatic handsoap dispensers in public bathrooms that do not dispense soap when you hand is underneath them, but as soon as you move it, squirts a big gob of pink goo into the sink. Then, as you put your hand back underneath it, it won't give you any fucking soap again.

So, that too, but mostly I just really hate stupid people.
To the entire world, you may be one single person, but to one person, you may be the entire world.
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

People who quote movies in their sig.

(JOKING! Teja, JOKING! I love your sig. American Beauty, right?)
_I'm a nightmare of every man's fantasy.
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

People who ever type in ALL CAPS. :p (Yes, it's Lester Burnham.)
FlakJacket
Orbital Cow Private

Post by FlakJacket »

Alternatively, people that don't seem to have ever been introduced to either the Shift or Caps-Lock keys.
The 86 Rules of Boozing

75. Beer makes you mellow, champagne makes you silly, wine makes you dramatic, tequila makes you felonious.
Daki
No-Life Loser

Post by Daki »

FlakJacket wrote:Alternatively, people that don't seem to have ever been introduced to either the Shift or Caps-Lock keys.
Don't forget punctuation keys.
Jestyr
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Jestyr »

People who think it's your job to understand what they're trying to say, not their job to say it in a way that you can understand it.
__
Jeff Hauze: Wow. I think Jestyr just fucking kicked my ass.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

The Eclipse wrote:
4) White guys who really really want to be Asian.
If you're white, and you change you're name to something Chinese, it doesn't make you cool, it makes you fucking stupid.
God, we have an infestation of whitegirls who want to be asian in southern California.
We've got one on the boards, called Sowhat. ;)
Anguirel
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Anguirel »

Cash wrote:*At Jestyr's parents, looking at an atlas of California*
Jestyr's mom:: "What's the San Joecane Valley like?
Me:: "San Wakeen." (phoenetically again).
Of course, I mispronounce Californian names on purpose. I really liked La Jolla. La Jolla is a nice place.

Incidentally, I've heard that Juanita (Ju-ni-a-ta -- no, I don't know how they managed that) is near Wanita, and the town in Nebraska is Beat-rice rather than Be-a-trice.
complete. dirty. whore.
_Patience said: Ang, you are truly a font of varied and useful information.
IRC Fun:
<Reika> What a glorious way to die.
<Jackal> What are you, Klingon?
<Reika> Worse, a paladin.
<Jackal> We're all fucked.
Nightsky
Squire of the Crimson Assfro
Location: metaplane of booze, illect substances, and nekkid women

Post by Nightsky »

The girl I'm seeing now honks the horn at everyone. For no particular reason. Just sitting in a parking lot she honks the horn. Just sitting around and seeing someone pass that she knows she honks the horn. Not just once, but several times. It makes me twitch and makes my brain want to jump out of my skull and run away.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Maybe she grew up in New York, or Cairo. :)
Twisted Sister
Wuffle Student

Post by Twisted Sister »

Are you talking about people folding their eyelids?
:wideeyes no dude. people fold their eyelids? :wideeyes

I mean when you put your index finger at the end of your eyebrow and push it against the way the hair lays, all the way to the other end. Why do that, sweet jesus, why?! Eurgh, thinking about it makes me want to put my head through a meat grinder. *shudder*
"Like hello, just because I am not using my arms, doesn't mean I am not working." - Jayson
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

Thunderchild wrote: Now im not saying its you cash, but one of my pet peeves is those damn americans who think that we ride kangaroos, every animal we have is poisonous and that we all live in the outback. next time an american asks me that im gonna say "yeah, and is it true all americans drive massive pickup trucks, drink really shitty beer and fuck their sisters"
Yes (kind of used to), yes , no. Damn, Australians don't ride kangaroos and live in the Outback? So Kangaroo Jack lied to me? *sobs*
Note to foreigners: The reason we exported Steve Irwin was that we couldnt fucking stand him.
Heh-heh. I think he rocks. Go figure. :D
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
Reika

Post by Reika »

PMWrestler wrote: 4. The fact that even though girls say they want a nice guy. They don't. They want a nice guy to bitch to about the asshole thier banging.
Let's try the shoe on the foot, shall we? ;)

I can't stand the fact that guys say they want strong, independent women, then when they meet them, either dump them for brainless, possibly diseased, bimbos, or think they're mate and mama all in one package. Or treat you as one of the guys and often forget that you're female.

And yes, those are some of peeves.
Liniah
Bondsman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Liniah »

People who say things like "Are you going to come with?" instead of "Are you going to come with me?". That drives me up a fucking wall.
<center><font face="monospace" color=#0099FF font size="-1">one more blue sunny day</font></center>
Sock_Monkey
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Sock_Monkey »

Crazy Elf wrote:
Sock_Monkey wrote:3) Goths. If black is your thing that's fine. What I can't stand are those twits who try to romantisize death or think it would be cool to be a vampire. Death ain't cool, it ain't some forlorn pretty girl with bad make up dyed hair. Death is the crushed corpse of a worker in the mud of a construction site. Think about that you paintstick wearing malnourished freaks.
16) People who totally steal my shit.
What? You got some trademark on hating Goths? The rest of can't hate them navel gazing forlorn fucks?
I feel like I'm Han Solo, LDH is Chewbacca, Kitt is Obi Wan Kenobi and we're in that FUCKED UP bar!
The Eclipse
Knight of the Imperium

Post by The Eclipse »

As long as we are on more normal pet peeves, I really hate ameri-centric arrogance and ignorance. Specifically, whenever I get into one of those 'ethnicity' conversations I explain that I'm half Georgian. It is a very rare thing for people to tell me anything other than "No, I mean what COUNTRY are you descended from, not what STATE." That irritates me to no end. And once I even had some fuckwit argue with me, saying there is not such country, or even region as Georgia and that I'm mistaken.

The more intelligent people excused, why does mainstream America seem to believe that nothing outside it's borders really exists?
-----------------------------------------------------------------
'How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
'You must be', said the Cat, 'or you wouldn't have come here.'

MooCow is a carrier of Mad Cow Disease
FlakJacket
Orbital Cow Private

Post by FlakJacket »

Twisted Sister wrote:I mean when you put your index finger at the end of your eyebrow and push it against the way the hair lays, all the way to the other end.
:lol You are a strange little woman.

*Mentally files this away for another time.* :D
The 86 Rules of Boozing

75. Beer makes you mellow, champagne makes you silly, wine makes you dramatic, tequila makes you felonious.
Nightsky
Squire of the Crimson Assfro
Location: metaplane of booze, illect substances, and nekkid women

Post by Nightsky »

I hate when people fold their eyelids! I can't stand anyone or thing near my eyes. Seeing someone folding theirs back freaks me out.
Thunderchild
Bulldrekker

Post by Thunderchild »

people who add touches of french to words E.g Tres & La

People who dont use deoderant without a medical reason (manfunk is not cool)
Reika

Post by Reika »

People who expect me to read their minds over the phone while I'm trying to figure why the fuck they're calling my office and they aren't telling me /why/, then the idiots have the nerve to get angry at me when I finally say "I'm not sure how I can help you when you aren't telling me why you're calling." Grrr

Or people who give me their fucking telephone number when I ask for the contract number they're calling on.
WillyGilligan
Wuffle Trainer

Post by WillyGilligan »

Do you have the same issue with people throwing german into the mix? For example, it's sort of a big thing to use uber where some people used to use tres, at least in some geek circles.
Those who can't, teach. Those who can't teach, become critics. They also misapply overly niggling inerpretations of Logical Fallacies in place of arguing anything at all.
lordhellion
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by lordhellion »

Personally, I'm a little peeved that I don't have as many peeves as CE.
_No one was ever put in a history book for being a great conformist.
Anguirel

Post by Anguirel »

Reika wrote:Or people who give me their fucking telephone number when I ask for the contract number they're calling on.
Maybe you could call it a Contract ID # or something that makes it (slightly) more obvious that you don't want their phone number?
complete. dirty. whore.
_Patience said: Ang, you are truly a font of varied and useful information.
IRC Fun:
<Reika> What a glorious way to die.
<Jackal> What are you, Klingon?
<Reika> Worse, a paladin.
<Jackal> We're all fucked.
Instant Cash

Post by Instant Cash »

The Eclipse wrote:The more intelligent people excused, why does mainstream America seem to believe that nothing outside it's borders really exists?

This drives me completely insane.
I want to shoot one of these Church kids and ask them "Where is your god now!"
-Big Jim
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

Oh, another, they kind of go together.

a) Girls who feign interest in/repeatedly inform people they know tech (esp linux) and/or consider being or acting like "one of the guys" to be a status symbol soley because they want attention.
b) People online who suddenly act much different when they find out one of their group of techie guys is female.

10:41 Kai: Ohayou minna
10:42 Adam: ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKER! :)
10:44 Kai: Fuck off, how's that? ;P
10:45 Adam: Much better.
Sock_Monkey
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Sock_Monkey »

7) People who slag movies but have never really seen them. I mean I sat through the D&D movie just so I could have the right to complain about it.

8) Billy Corgan. The Smashing Pumpkins have some talent, I'll give them that, but I can't stand Corgan's mosquito whine. You know that sound when when a mosquito is trapped in your room at night and you can't find them... that's what it reminds me of.

9) Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Sorry, I can't stand this show or any of its spin offs. Much less can I stand how much time some people devote to it. Hey you guys up for playing some SR tonight? No, Buffy's on. How about I come kick you in the nuts instead?

10) People who play fantasy RPGs but have never read LotR. Where do you think this stuff comes from?

11) People who hang out at work. Hey, if I'm not working, I'm not fucking there! Get a hobby, get a mistress, an addiction or a bad habit. Find something to do with your time! If I have to spend ten hours a day with you people I don't want to see you when I'm done, much less do I want to chit-chat with you when I'm trying to close up and go home! You ever have to turn the lights out so people will leave?
I feel like I'm Han Solo, LDH is Chewbacca, Kitt is Obi Wan Kenobi and we're in that FUCKED UP bar!
Szechuan
No-Life Loser

Post by Szechuan »

This one came up today:

Okay, when I'm in a class of 33 individuals using a classroom that seats 80, I like to put the bottom of my feet up on the chair in front of me. If you saw how the room is built, you'd know why this is more comfortable. This is the case for a couple of my classes.

What pisses me off royally is when some fuckwit walks into the nearly empty room (today, for instance, there were 6 people there including myself) and makes a beeline for the seat in front of me, so I have to move instead of him just sitting the fuck down one seat over. USE YOUR EYES, FUCKER!

*rage*
Thunderchild
Bulldrekker

Post by Thunderchild »

WillyGilligan wrote:
Do you have the same issue with people throwing german into the mix? For example, it's sort of a big thing to use uber where some people used to use tres, at least in some geek circles.
No cause Uber is currently still restricted to the geek community... mostly.

when i see it in the name of a yuppie cafe, ill burn the fucking place down and amend my statement.
WillyGilligan
Wuffle Trainer

Post by WillyGilligan »

So, it's who uses it more than what they're using. Which seems funny to me, cuz even though I do it too, what we're saying is "We know some German, and may have possilby read a cliff notes version of Nietsche." Whereas yuppies who started the French trend were saying "We speak French, possibly because we can afford to vacation in Paris." It's the same thing with only a slightly different context. Elitism.
Those who can't, teach. Those who can't teach, become critics. They also misapply overly niggling inerpretations of Logical Fallacies in place of arguing anything at all.
PMWrestler
Bulldrekker

Post by PMWrestler »

The Eclipse wrote:As long as we are on more normal pet peeves, I really hate ameri-centric arrogance and ignorance. Specifically, whenever I get into one of those 'ethnicity' conversations I explain that I'm half Georgian. It is a very rare thing for people to tell me anything other than "No, I mean what COUNTRY are you descended from, not what STATE." That irritates me to no end. And once I even had some fuckwit argue with me, saying there is not such country, or even region as Georgia and that I'm mistaken.

The more intelligent people excused, why does mainstream America seem to believe that nothing outside it's borders really exists?
You mean there are countries..outside..of..America?

I thought they were a myth.
Reika

Post by Reika »

Anguirel wrote:
Reika wrote:Or people who give me their fucking telephone number when I ask for the contract number they're calling on.
Maybe you could call it a Contract ID # or something that makes it (slightly) more obvious that you don't want their phone number?
I try every possible variation, usually starting with "member identification number" to customer id#, to contract number, to sub id#, etc. and accompany it with "It's in big print on the left hand side of the card, starts with three letters followed by 9 numbers."

I'm not sure how to give a clearer description than that, because every BlueCross BlueShield card issued for the contracts I handle have the numbers in the virtually the same spot of the card. And these are doctors' offices that give me the phone#s, not the customers.

Which sets me off on another of my pet peeves (yes, most of them originate from work). The same stupid person that calls your phoneline 5 times in a row on the same wrong id#, then complain that you can't help them, when you told them 10 minutes ago they called the wrong number.

I hate people, I really do. And everyone wonders why I'm going the "tree-hugging long haired hippy route".
laughing Monkey
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by laughing Monkey »

That tell YOU what kind of person YOU are.
It really pisses me off when they do that.

And people that try to finish your sentence. That is annoying!
_ The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?</hr>
Ikarus7
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Ikarus7 »

I hate people who are sick but act as if their ok.

Next morning you're hugging the toilet and you're wondering why?

Just because the guy who was eating in the same popcorn bag as me had this beautiful virus that made me puke. Great.
<hr>The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

My pet peeve at the moment is a teacher who gives out too much homework...to the point that it takes up 90% of my time...
WillyGilligan
Wuffle Trainer

Post by WillyGilligan »

And people that try to finish your sentence. That is annoying!
On the flip side, I can't stand when a person is struggling to finish a thought that I've already figured out they mean. I can see when someone is struggling to find that one word that will allow us all to cut to the chase and get on with our lives. I just want life to move, you know?
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Sock_Monkey wrote:10) People who play fantasy RPGs but have never read LotR. Where do you think this stuff comes from?
Sort of like using the Internet but not having read up on RAND? Or knowing the inner workings of TCP/IP? Get off your high horse, please.
11) People who hang out at work. Hey, if I'm not working, I'm not fucking there! Get a hobby, get a mistress, an addiction or a bad habit. Find something to do with your time! If I have to spend ten hours a day with you people I don't want to see you when I'm done, much less do I want to chit-chat with you when I'm trying to close up and go home! You ever have to turn the lights out so people will leave?
Some people actually enjoy their job. You'll find that people who enjoy their job usually are much better at it.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

They're explicitly /insane/ pet peeves, Dennis, and I think part of the charm of the thread is that people don't have to defend or justify the things that irrationally bug them.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

You're right. Bad form. I offer my apologies, Sock Monkey.
Liniah

Post by Liniah »

The sound that styrophome makes. *shudder*
<center><font face="monospace" color=#0099FF font size="-1">one more blue sunny day</font></center>
FlakJacket
Orbital Cow Private

Post by FlakJacket »

Okay, now I am really pissed! It's bad enough being called up by telemarketers, but I've just been cold-called by a bloody recorded message!

Phones goes, so I wander over and answer. "Hello? Hello, anyone there?" but no answer for a few seconds. Then I get some lady's recorded voice going "Hello this is the XYZ Travel company and we're pleased to inform you that you have been specially selected..." *Click* Am not a happy camper right about now.
The 86 Rules of Boozing

No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

How "specially selected" would you need to have been to have an actual human cal you, I wonder? I mean, it doesn't seem all /that/ special if they couldn't even spare one warm body to call you. Wankers.
FlakJacket
Orbital Cow Private

Post by FlakJacket »

Exactly. Even a call centre one from somewhere like Outer Mongolia would have been better than that.
The 86 Rules of Boozing

Jestyr
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Jestyr »

My smoke alarm.

The bloody thing goes through about one battery every twenty minutes - or that's what it seems like. It chirps perkily to tell me that the battery is going flat, thus achieving nothing more than having me want to rip the whole damn thing off the ceiling.
__
Jeff Hauze: Wow. I think Jestyr just fucking kicked my ass.
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

Jestyr: If that's the case, you'd probably want to replace whole smoke alarm...seeing as it may not be reliable as before.
The Eclipse
Knight of the Imperium

Post by The Eclipse »

My carbon monoxide detector with a visual carbon monoxide reading LED. It can drive me batshit to watch that thing. "Today for an hour the carbon monoxide reading went from 11 to 12, WHAT DOES THIS MEAN!?!" (of course it doesn't go off until 56)
-----------------------------------------------------------------
'How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
'You must be', said the Cat, 'or you wouldn't have come here.'

MooCow is a carrier of Mad Cow Disease