Insane pet peeves

In the SST forum, users are free to discuss philosophy, music, art, religion, sock colour, whatever. It's a haven from the madness of Bulldrek; alternately intellectual and mundane, this is where the controversy takes place.
The Eclipse
Knight of the Imperium

Insane pet peeves

Post by The Eclipse »

Does anyone have any really off the wall things that really just bug the fuck out of you? I'm not talking relatively innoculous shit like 'bad drivers' or 'people who leave to toilet seat up.'

For Example:

I have this irrational murderous hatred of people who either wear T-shirts or display window decals of a Transformers logo because it's 'so retro', yet they cannot identify the difference between Autobots and Decepticons.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
'How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
'You must be', said the Cat, 'or you wouldn't have come here.'

MooCow is a carrier of Mad Cow Disease
Instant Cash
Bondsman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Instant Cash »

oh I have many, the #1 though is Being late. Either if it is me or someone I am meeting. I go crazy.
I want to shoot one of these Church kids and ask them "Where is your god now!"
-Big Jim
Szechuan
No-Life Loser

Post by Szechuan »

I get absolutely furious at anyone displaying a 'punk' image, be it how they dress, wear their hair, etc.. for no good reason. I always jump the gun and assume they're an asshole. It's cuz' I hate seeing these rich suburbanite kids begging for change on the street as if they're so hard done by. (Yes, this happens in my hometown. Dunno about you folks.)
Adam
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Adam »

Szechuan wrote:I get absolutely furious at anyone displaying a 'punk' image, be it how they dress, wear their hair, etc.. for no good reason.
Is "Because we want to dress like this" a good reason?
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

No. In fact, that's no reason.
Ikarus7
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Ikarus7 »

I hate when fashion catch up with me something. I've be wearing something odd for a year or two and then everybody start wearing the good damn thing.
<hr>The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.
Gunny
SMITE!™ Grand Master

Post by Gunny »

People who have jobs that are based on responsibilities for other people (maintenance, apartment managers, etc) and they don't do their frickin' jobs.

For example: There is ice on the steps that lead to the door of the apartment. I have to call the apartment manager and notify them of this so they'll send maintenance out to salt the steps. (It's only winter with snow and ice everywhere. Heaven forbid that the snow melting from the roof above drips down on the steps and ice forms! What insanity is this? What magic!?!? WITCHES!!!!) Time passes and no salt. More time passes, no salt. I have to call and pester them to "remember" to put out a work order to salt the steps.

How do I finally manage to get the steps salted? I come home from work and nearly break my neck slipping on quarter inch thick ice that has completely coated the steps and hand rail. I then notify them that I have injured myself on their steps due to the lack of salting and I will be going to a doctor to see if there are any injuries, to which I will then be calling a lawyer. THEN the fuckers come out and salt immediatly after getting off the phone with me and continue to salt for the next week even if there is no ice.
<center><b><font size=1><font color="#FF9900">"Invaders blood marches through my veins, like giant radioactive rubber pants! The pants command me! Do not ignore my veins!" -Zim</font></font></b></center>
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

When people who I have known for like, ever, ask me why I never told them anime was cool.

When the batteries in my cordless keyboard die. I know it happens, but god damn that's annoying.

Not moving the furniture in some room of the house for any period over about 8 months. I dunno, probably a facet of hating too many static things in my life.

I'm sure I have more I just can't think of right now

10:41 Kai: Ohayou minna
10:42 Adam: ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKER! :)
10:44 Kai: Fuck off, how's that? ;P
10:45 Adam: Much better.
laughing Monkey
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by laughing Monkey »

People who talk on their cell phone in the car and then they cut you off. Like being on the cell phone puts them in a different time bubble.
Two words: Hands Free.

Also the people on their cell phones in the video store. I have no problem if you are calling to tell them whats in. I DO have a problem when they talk loud and igonre people around them.
_ The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?</hr>
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

You know, I've noticed that in myself, more the former than the latter, though, and I also noticed that a hands-free set really improves your awareness.
laughing Monkey
Bulldrek Junkie

I try not to use the cell phone in the car. I have the hands free for when I get stuck. Either way it takes you away from driving.
_ The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?</hr>
The Eclipse
Knight of the Imperium

Post by The Eclipse »

I agree, I have a hands free setup and I still prefer not to talk on the phone when I'm driving. Driving to and from work are my quiet times of the day, I hate people calling me in the car.

Daki
No-Life Loser

Post by Daki »

The one that gets me most is people at the gym who will sit at one machine for 20 minutes at a time even though they are only using the equipment for maybe 90 seconds. One person in particular will bring the paper with him. He will do one set, grab the paper and read it for a bit, do another set, read some more, etc. It really does take me to new levels of pissed off because people are waiting to use that machine and they flat out refuse to move until they are done with it.
laughing Monkey
Bulldrek Junkie

Or how about the people that work out on cardio watching TV and you know damn well they are not even trying. Just slowly petal... Look at the TV........petal....
I am sorry. If you are working out you better be covered in sweat because you beat your body!
FlakJacket
Orbital Cow Private

Post by FlakJacket »

DV8 wrote:You know, I've noticed that in myself, more the former than the latter, though, and I also noticed that a hands-free set really improves your awareness.
Although there's still some distraction/decreased reaction times. But you have to use hands-free over here now 'cause otherwise the police yank you over and you get done for it. Which I wholeheartedly agree with.
The 86 Rules of Boozing

75. Beer makes you mellow, champagne makes you silly, wine makes you dramatic, tequila makes you felonious.
Reika

Post by Reika »

Instant Cash wrote:oh I have many, the #1 though is Being late. Either if it is me or someone I am meeting. I go crazy.
Wow! I'm not the only one with a bug up my ass about punctuality? Amazing. :)

Other pet peeves, having someone call the 800# of the insurance company you work at to get their doctor's phone#. Um, hello, that's what information is for.
sinsual

Post by sinsual »

Squids. You know them, you hate them, you laugh your ass off when they screw up badly and splatter themselves all over the road. The kids that do the burnouts at the stoplight without even thinking about the fact they are throwing rubber all over the car behind them. Then procede to do a wheelie across the intersection only to have to lock up the brakes cause DUH! traffic is STOPPED...frickin moronic idjits.
www.evieshope.com
No infant should have Eye Cancer...
Szechuan
No-Life Loser

Post by Szechuan »

Adam wrote:
Szechuan wrote:I get absolutely furious at anyone displaying a 'punk' image, be it how they dress, wear their hair, etc.. for no good reason.
Is "Because we want to dress like this" a good reason?
No no no. I get angry for no good reason. My bad. :p
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

I am never late, but thats because Uncle Sams Misguided Children made me fifteen minutes early for my own death.

My only really irrational pet peeve is my eyes. Don't try and touch them, or put your fingers/hands/fucking whatever near them. I get violent.
Jestyr
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Jestyr »

Rhyming. Gaaah. I can stand poetry, but people using rhyming couplets in another context just bugs the fuck out of me.

No, I don't know why.
__
Jeff Hauze: Wow. I think Jestyr just fucking kicked my ass.
TheScamp
Wuffle Trainer

Post by TheScamp »

Squids. You know them, you hate them, you laugh your ass off when they screw up badly and splatter themselves all over the road. The kids that do the burnouts at the stoplight without even thinking about the fact they are throwing rubber all over the car behind them. Then procede to do a wheelie across the intersection only to have to lock up the brakes cause DUH! traffic is STOPPED...frickin moronic idjits.
Holy crap yes. Those guys piss me off to no end. They're the reason that the first fucking question everyone asks about my bike is "Dude, how fast does the thing go?" Then they look bewildered when I tell them that I don't really care.
Adam

Post by Adam »

Szechuan wrote:No no no. I get angry for no good reason. My bad. :p
You may want to skip the FanPro booth at GenCon. :)
Gunny
SMITE!™ Grand Master

Post by Gunny »

laughing Monkey wrote:I am sorry. If you are working out you better be covered in sweat because you beat your body!
...but I don't really sweat, I just get red in the face. I will sweat if there's no air circulating through the gym. Of course I'll probably pass out soon after due to the lack of air circulation.
<center><b><font size=1><font color="#FF9900">"Invaders blood marches through my veins, like giant radioactive rubber pants! The pants command me! Do not ignore my veins!" -Zim</font></font></b></center>
Twisted Sister
Wuffle Student

Post by Twisted Sister »

People pushing their eyebrows the wrong makes me want to rip out my teeth. Don't do around me. Ever. Not even as a joke. I will vomit on your head.
"Like hello, just because I am not using my arms, doesn't mean I am not working." - Jayson
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

How the hell do you push your eyebrows the wrong way?
laughing Monkey
Bulldrek Junkie

Gunny Wrote:
...but I don't really sweat, I just get red in the face. I will sweat if there's no air circulating through the gym. Of course I'll probably pass out soon after due to the lack of air circulation

You get my point. Its people who go to the health club and don't work out.
Twisted Sister
Wuffle Student

Post by Twisted Sister »

DV8 wrote:How the hell do you push your eyebrows the wrong way?
You seriously think I am going to tell you? If you figure it out you'll never stop doing it, hell no I'm not explaining. Just thinking about it makes me want to claw at my face.
"Like hello, just because I am not using my arms, doesn't mean I am not working." - Jayson
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Adam wrote:
I want to see Rob squish Szechuan. I want it bad :D
<a href="http://heftywrenches.wordpress.com">Agent Zero Speaks!</a>
Szechuan
No-Life Loser

Post by Szechuan »

Cazmonster wrote:
Adam wrote:
I could take him. ;)
WillyGilligan
Wuffle Trainer

Post by WillyGilligan »

People pushing their eyebrows the wrong makes me want to rip out my teeth. Don't do around me. Ever. Not even as a joke. I will vomit on your head.
Are you talking about people folding their eyelids?
Those who can't, teach. Those who can't teach, become critics. They also misapply overly niggling inerpretations of Logical Fallacies in place of arguing anything at all.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Szechuan wrote:
Cazmonster wrote:
Adam wrote: You may want to skip the FanPro booth at GenCon. :)
I could take him. ;)
He's a wiry fucker, sure, but I'm betting he could take you down by moshing on your forehead.
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

Now see if we want random violence, we ought to just arm Caz with a foam claymore and let him randomly charge booths of gamers and watch them flee for their lives :)

Oh, and thought of more pet peeves. When you agree to meet, or have an appointment with multiple people, and they all look down on you because you're the only one who showed up on time and everyone else was there early. And that awful noise when someone drags their finger across a balloon. Ugh. Absolute violence towards people who do it on purpose

DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

I don't know if this qualifies as a pet peeve, but why don't we all pronounce the names of places the way natives pronounce it?

Tourist: "What do you call this place, little native man?"
Native: "We call this place 'Den Haag.'"
Tourist: "Ah, 'The Hague.'"
Dennis: *groan*

Accents are one thing, but Jesus! Imagine the roles were reversed;

Tourist: "What do you call this place, little native man?"
Native: "We call this place 'New York.'"
Tourist: "Ah, 'Noe Joruk.'"
Brine: "Knock it off with that funny foreign gibberish!"
Rev
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Rev »

I have a deep seated loathing for people who wear ball caps.

I will radiate disdain at any person wearing a ball cap, or known by me to be a regular wearer of ball caps to the point where such a person will seldom speak to or look at me.
_No, I'm not John Tynes.
FlakJacket
Orbital Cow Private

Post by FlakJacket »

People that don't pick up their feet when they go up stairs. They'll lift them just high enough or put their foot on the edge of the step and then drag it forward fully onto the step, making that scuffing sound. Ugh. Although I generally don't like walking up stairs anyway, I have to run up them. :/
The 86 Rules of Boozing

75. Beer makes you mellow, champagne makes you silly, wine makes you dramatic, tequila makes you felonious.
Thorn
Wuffle Student

Post by Thorn »

People who take a perfectly useful verb, turn it into a noun, then turn that noun into a verb. Example: "orientate." No. Wrong. You can orient something a certain way, and something can exhibit a particular orientation, but there is no such verb as "to orientate".

Grrr!
_<font color=red size=2>Just wait until I finish knitting this row.</font>
mrmooky
Wuffle Student

Post by mrmooky »

You're not alone. I can't stand the verbing of nouns either. :D
UncleJoseph
Wuffle Initiate

Post by UncleJoseph »

Humanity is a pet peeve of mine. People just suck... (bulldrekkers excluded of course).
If you take away their comforts, people are just like any other animal.
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

We swallow? Sorry, sorry, couldn't resist...

sinsual

Post by sinsual »

^5's Kai
www.evieshope.com
No infant should have Eye Cancer...
Crazy Elf
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Crazy Elf »

1) Fuck heads who wear sleeveless T-shirts but have no muscle mass.
People who have never done a push up in their life should not wear a sleeveless T-shirt. The end. If you're a lanky thin fuck head who looks like he'll break if the wind blows, put some fucking sleeves on!

2) People who drive below the speed limit in the overtaking lane.
These people meet Mr Club Lock.

3) Stupid fucking whores who fuck guys in dog suits.
I FUCKING HATE THAT!

4) White guys who really really want to be Asian.
If you're white, and you change you're name to something Chinese, it doesn't make you cool, it makes you fucking stupid.

5) Morons who think Satan's cool, but don't believe in God.
They're in the same pantheon, you fucks! YOU FUCKING SHIGHBDJGL:ASH FUCK YO!U

6) People who "attempt" suicide.
Really, how much of a loser would you have to be to fuck that up?

7) Shit bricks that think anti-depressants are a status symbol.
You're not cool if you're on pills, you have problems. Not bra gable.

8) People who claim to be Christians, but haven't read the Bible.
That's like saying you're a math major, but have trouble with 1 + 1.

9) When someone says that Blink 182 are punk.
They're not, they're pop, and they totally suck.

10) Anyone who tries to make a Dune movie.
Everyone who's tried is a fucking toadstool!

11) David Lynch and people who think he's a genius.
He's not, he's suffering from dementia and people suffering from dementia should never be let near a camera ever full stop the end.

12) Tampon adds.
I'M NOT GOING TO BUY THEM! SHUT THE FUCK UP!

13) People who think Fight Club was pointless and stupid.
*smack* Welcome to fight club, fucker! The first rule is you BLEED!

14) When someone calls me on the phone, I don't answer, and they don't leave a fucking message!
Jesus Christ are you retarded?

15) Having to go to work halfway through a rant about things that fucking shit you to tears!
FUCK I HATE THAT!
Jestyr
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Jestyr »

Crazy Elf wrote:5) Morons who think Satan's cool, but don't believe in God.
They're in the same pantheon, you fucks! YOU FUCKING SHIGHBDJGL:ASH FUCK YO!U
:lol
__
Jeff Hauze: Wow. I think Jestyr just fucking kicked my ass.
The Eclipse
Knight of the Imperium

Post by The Eclipse »

Jesus, it scares me when I agree with CE completely.
4) White guys who really really want to be Asian.
If you're white, and you change you're name to something Chinese, it doesn't make you cool, it makes you fucking stupid.
God, we have an infestation of whitegirls who want to be asian in southern California.

Thunderchild
Bulldrekker

Post by Thunderchild »

1. "Gangsta Rappers" - if they got up to 10% of the shit they go on about in their songs, the DEA, ATF and FBI would be booting down the doors to their "cribs" and "busting caps".

2. People who use "pimpspeak"

3. when someone says "we should do *insert idea here*" you say "yeah ok" and then they insist on telling you why its such a good idea when you already said yes
lordhellion
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by lordhellion »

Thunderchild wrote:3. when someone says "we should do *insert idea here*" you say "yeah ok" and then they insist on telling you why its such a good idea when you already said yes
By that, you obviously mean 98% of middle- and upper-management persons in the US, right?

What really twists my cookies are people who like to bad mouth anyone whose beliefs are slightly different from thier own, mostly because they are all convinced that they are extremely smarter than everyone else on the planet, i.e. most of the people I deal with on a daily basis.
_No one was ever put in a history book for being a great conformist.
Sock_Monkey
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Sock_Monkey »

1) People who wear their hats on backwards or crooked or three quarter turned. If you have a reason to wear a hat, fine. Try not to look like you're challenged when you do so.

2) People who answer the phone when they're on the john. You know, you're talking to someone and there's this strange echo. You know, even if I am dying you're probably not going to cut your turd off half way to run help me.

3) Goths. If black is your thing that's fine. What I can't stand are those twits who try to romantisize death or think it would be cool to be a vampire. Death ain't cool, it ain't some forlorn pretty girl with bad make up dyed hair. Death is the crushed corpse of a worker in the mud of a construction site. Think about that you paintstick wearing malnourished freaks.

4) The fact that so many people I know liked Pearl Harbour. No the same two guys who managed to get off Wheeler Field did not go on the Doolittle Raid, and if you're so concerned with weight that you replace the waist guns with broom handles why do you still take the fucking gunners along!

5) People who absolutely hate communism but have no idea what it actually stands for.

6) Picky eaters. I mean you're supposed to be picky about the food you make yourself or buy at an establishment, but if someone else goes through the trouble to offer you some of their food or even better cooks a meal for you and you pick through it and complain the entire time it pisses me off. You do it when I'm the cook and I'll beat you to an inch if your miserable life with my wisk. Go without food you fuck!
I feel like I'm Han Solo, LDH is Chewbacca, Kitt is Obi Wan Kenobi and we're in that FUCKED UP bar!
The Eclipse
Knight of the Imperium

Post by The Eclipse »

1) People who wear their hats on backwards or crooked or three quarter turned. If you have a reason to wear a hat, fine. Try not to look like you're challenged when you do so.
Bless you

Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

People that chew with they mouth open or sniffle constantly without blowing their nose. Oh dear God! Shut the trap or blow your damn nose. I have 2 friends that do this constantly. It's to the point that I'll avoid eating with them if I can help it because, "Close your mouth" or "Could you blow your nose" don't work.
DV8 wrote:I don't know if this qualifies as a pet peeve, but why don't we all pronounce the names of places the way natives pronounce it?
*Lesson from Cash's trip to Aus*
Store clerk:: "You're from the US? Where have you been?"
Me:: "Just around Brisbane--"
Store clerk:: "--Brisbin--" (phoenetically)
Me:: "--Brisbin."

*At Jestyr's parents, looking at an atlas of California*
Jestyr's mom:: "What's the San Joecane Valley like?
Me:: "San Wakeen." (phoenetically again).
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
Thunderchild
Bulldrekker

Post by Thunderchild »

Cash wrote:People that chew with they mouth open or sniffle constantly without blowing their nose. Oh dear God! Shut the trap or blow your damn nose. I have 2 friends that do this constantly. It's to the point that I'll avoid eating with them if I can help it because, "Close your mouth" or "Could you blow your nose" don't work.
DV8 wrote:I don't know if this qualifies as a pet peeve, but why don't we all pronounce the names of places the way natives pronounce it?
*Lesson from Cash's trip to Aus*
Store clerk:: "You're from the US? Where have you been?"
Me:: "Just around Brisbane--"
Store clerk:: "--Brisbin--" (phoenetically)
Me:: "--Brisbin."

*At Jestyr's parents, looking at an atlas of California*
Jestyr's mom:: "What's the San Joecane Valley like?
Me:: "San Wakeen." (phoenetically again).

Now im not saying its you cash, but one of my pet peeves is those damn americans who think that we ride kangaroos, every animal we have is poisonous and that we all live in the outback. next time an american asks me that im gonna say "yeah, and is it true all americans drive massive pickup trucks, drink really shitty beer and fuck their sisters"

Note to foreigners: The reason we exported Steve Irwin was that we couldnt fucking stand him.