Your New Year Resolution

In the SST forum, users are free to discuss philosophy, music, art, religion, sock colour, whatever. It's a haven from the madness of Bulldrek; alternately intellectual and mundane, this is where the controversy takes place.
Nightsky
Squire of the Crimson Assfro
Location: metaplane of booze, illect substances, and nekkid women

Your New Year Resolution

Post by Nightsky »

So what new years resolutions have you come up with for 2004? Lose weight? Buy a car? Mend a fence?

I always make a New Years resolution and I've followed through with them ever since the year 2001. 2003 was the year I decided to go back to school part time for a certification. 2002 was get a job and a place of my own. 2001 was get a tattoo.

This year I've decided that my resolution will be to build my own catapult. One sufficient to launch 1 goat 60ft. You might think that I'm kidding, but I'm serious. I want my own personal catapult. I'm going to draw up the plans this winter and start building it this summer. Hopefully I will have my own personal catapult by the time fall arrives.

So what's your New Year Resolution?
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

I've come to term them New Years Suggestions as some cosmic force has it out for me if I mention the r word with any sort of statement of certainty, as it will without fail contrive to make said statement completely impossible.

So my major Suggestions for this year are working in, or working my way towards, a web systems development position and finding someone's left nut to bust besides Nightshadow's to actually get this (5 year impending) wedding to happen.

10:41 Kai: Ohayou minna
10:42 Adam: ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKER! :)
10:44 Kai: Fuck off, how's that? ;P
10:45 Adam: Much better.
Sowhat
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Sowhat »

It's not a new year's resolution, but my aim is to be happy. If something is actually important, why would you wait until the Earth is in a particular position in relation to the sun to start acting on it?
Instant Cash
Bondsman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Instant Cash »

To see as many of my friends as possible, especially the ones I have not seen in a long time.
I want to shoot one of these Church kids and ask them "Where is your god now!"
-Big Jim
Ikarus7
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Ikarus7 »

I want my own personal catapult
A trebuchet is easier to build. It took us 1 week to build our but the thing kinda broke on the third trow because we didn't use the right type of wood.

This year resolution is to pass more time living in the forest this summer. Last year I lived in the forest from May to July, this year wil be from April to September. This year due to my work I'll have internet connection (sometimes) so it will be easier :)
<hr>The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.
Nightsky
Squire of the Crimson Assfro
Location: metaplane of booze, illect substances, and nekkid women

Post by Nightsky »

Yes it would be easier, but I'm going for a monty python cliche.
FlakJacket
Orbital Cow Private

Post by FlakJacket »

You going to make a wooden rabbit to go with it? :)
The 86 Rules of Boozing

75. Beer makes you mellow, champagne makes you silly, wine makes you dramatic, tequila makes you felonious.
Reika
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Reika »

I wouldn't call them resolutions, more like goals. My goals are to loose weight, advance further in my TKD, move to Jacksonville. I'm semi-ambitious to see if I can start school again part time in September. Gods, school, after like 10 years... Should be interesting. :D

Oh, and I'm well on my way to realizing my first two goals, I'm almost on the edge of loosing another dress size, and my TKD master said I'll be read for my orange belt testing in March.

So yeah, this year's goals are actually going to happen.