The Marvelous Machine

In the SST forum, users are free to discuss philosophy, music, art, religion, sock colour, whatever. It's a haven from the madness of Bulldrek; alternately intellectual and mundane, this is where the controversy takes place.
Serious Paul
Devil

The Marvelous Machine

Post by Serious Paul »

So today as I watched someone else get their head cut open, and surgically repaired i marveled at the wonder that is the human body. Since 2000 I've seen people do things that a few years earlier I'd have sworn would have killed them dead. Since then I've seen people wrap several feet of their small intestine around their head and shoulders, consume their own "unit" not once but twice, saw people slashed every which but loose. Add in disease, sodomy, and mayhem...well I'm pretty impressed with how the body holds out.

This thread is dedicated to the amazing machine that is the human body.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Somehow, I find your current avatar very fitting. :)
Eva
Baron of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Eva »

I don't see extreme things like you do, Paul, but even in my enchanted life I see things all the time that remind me that the body is an amazing machine. I usually say it out loud too.

I must admit, it's not just the human body. This morning my cat jumped on the two inches of kitchen counter that were open in front of the plate of wet food and started eating. Cat: 20 centimeters high. Kitchen counter: 1 meter. How in the hell does that cat know?
One time I built a matter transporter, but things got screwed up (long story, lol) and I ended up turning into a kind of half-human, half-housefly monstrosity.
Tiny Deev
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Tiny Deev »

The human body is an amazing machine, but its getting outdated already. Or actually, we're not using a lot of things anymore. Like, wisdom teeth, or the apendix, or galbladder. I wonder how long evolution will take to just stop creating these little things.
Funny, yet sad. Kinda like getting tit-fucked by a clown.
Salvation122
Grand Marshall of the Imperium

Post by Salvation122 »

Tiny Deev wrote:The human body is an amazing machine, but its getting outdated already. Or actually, we're not using a lot of things anymore. Like, wisdom teeth, or the apendix, or galbladder. I wonder how long evolution will take to just stop creating these little things.
There's no (or extremely, extremely mild) selection pressure for those, so it's unlikely that we'll lose wisdom teeth or appendices until we've nearly undergone speciation anyway.