Jesus is a little cunt

In the SST forum, users are free to discuss philosophy, music, art, religion, sock colour, whatever. It's a haven from the madness of Bulldrek; alternately intellectual and mundane, this is where the controversy takes place.
Crazy Elf
Footman of the Imperium

Jesus is a little cunt

Post by Crazy Elf »

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Hey, do you know what happened to Jesus' afterbirth? The After-Christ? I mean, it should be in there, but I don't remember them making any reference to it.
Daki
No-Life Loser

Post by Daki »

How.... hrm...

*ponders*

Elf, you have disturbed me in a completely new and different way. I congratulate and thank you sir.
Ancient History
Demon

Post by Ancient History »

Let's just say it was Immaculate, hmm? No fuss, no muss, no spillage.

God: the Quicker Picker Upper!
Bethyaga
Knight of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Bethyaga »

Here's the magic of the Elf. Something like this from anyone else would arouse protest, but from the Elf, even I just sort of shrug and sigh and say, "Well, elves will be elves, no?" He's just sort of ground everybody into a desensitized lump--so much so that we feel a need to compliment him for his novelty.

But c'mon... a troll is still a troll, and there is nothing creative about this except his need to provoke. I mean, to address this seriously, even tho it doesn't deserve it: " I mean, it should be in there, but I don't remember them making any reference to it." Of all the births mentioned in the Bible, how many of them made reference to the qualities or fate of the placenta? And what would make you say that in this case, it /should/ be in there, except for your desire to be offensive?

Elf, you are truly a troll among men.
_Whoever invented that brush that goes next to the toilet is an idiot, cuz that thing hurts.
Gunny
SMITE!™ Grand Master

Post by Gunny »

I thought it was fucking hiliarious. But then, I wasn't offended either. :)
<center><b><font size=1><font color="#FF9900">"Invaders blood marches through my veins, like giant radioactive rubber pants! The pants command me! Do not ignore my veins!" -Zim</font></font></b></center>
Bethyaga

Post by Bethyaga »

Gunny wrote:I thought it was fucking hiliarious. But then, I wasn't offended either. :)
Okay, then I missed something. I certainly see the humor in the phrase After-Christ. I wouldn't call it hilarious, but it's certainly funny. But then the title of the thread is "Jesus is a little cunt." Which, as far as I could tell, does not tie into the aforementioned joke in any way. If the point was purely humor, then why the non-related title that has no purpose other than to offend? I don't know, maybe I missed part of it, but generally, vulgarity for its own sake has little humor value other than the simple shock of its inappropriateness, and with Elf, the shock wore off a long time ago.
_Whoever invented that brush that goes next to the toilet is an idiot, cuz that thing hurts.
Gunny
SMITE!™ Grand Master

Post by Gunny »

Bethyaga wrote:But then the title of the thread is "Jesus is a little cunt." Which, as far as I could tell, does not tie into the aforementioned joke in any way. If the point was purely humor, then why the non-related title that has no purpose other than to offend?
Ah, but it got your attention and made you click to see what Elf was going to say that would possibly offend you. Hook, line & sinker.
<center><b><font size=1><font color="#FF9900">"Invaders blood marches through my veins, like giant radioactive rubber pants! The pants command me! Do not ignore my veins!" -Zim</font></font></b></center>
Eliahad
Squire of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Eliahad »

I'm with Bethy on this one. I saw the title and said "Let me guess, it's the elf." And I was right.
Gunny
SMITE!™ Grand Master

Post by Gunny »

Well, the name of the author is posted next to the thread title...

I don't know his motives for the title name, I'm just guessing that he made it in an effort to be sure to catch the eye of everyone (or at least just Bethy).

That's just my $0.02, take it or leave it... but I think one of them is a Canadian wheat penny.
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

Well yeah, but I didn't read that first, I read the title first :)
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

I had a video window covering the author's name, and I knew who it was. I also instantly contrasted people's reactions to this with people's reactions to AnHi's thread. It is far more about who says something than what is said.
Bethyaga

Post by Bethyaga »

Good point, Earl. And before we get too far beyond it, it should be noted that AnHi's own response to this thread was much funnier than the Elf's original content.
Bethyaga

Post by Bethyaga »

But taking 32's point further--those of you who just blew this thread off initially or who got a chuckle from it or who forced yourself to view the inherent elf-ness of the whole thing... see if you can put yourself back in time and imagine what you would have thought of this thread and how you would have reacted (internally and externally) had it been AnHi who posted exactly this content... or even a 2-post Tasty Human.

I admit my reaction would have been different. I still would have called the person a troll and been generally derisive, but had it been AnHi or some unknown, I would have been much meaner about it. Knowing Elf's reputation and the general reaction, I had to couch it more tenderly here--had to go to some extra effort to explain myself, knowing that many people will immediately jump on the "Hey, he's the elf" bandwagon.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

But to be honest Bethy we all do that. We assign value to people based on our interactions with them. We say well I have dealt with this person on a number of occassion and this person is [insert opinion here]. If we didn't do it we wouldn't be a community. I do agree that we should strive to put aside our biases at times and consider stuff outside our own box.

Shrugs

I don't mind Ancient Histroy, and I think I am fairly open to new people on the board and even opinions oppositte to my own. I do think people here have expanded my knowledge of the world around me, and sharpened my own understanding of what I believe. Even the Elf.

Enough of my rambling. Gawd bless us, everyone! Snickers
The Eclipse
Knight of the Imperium

Post by The Eclipse »

what you would have thought of this thread and how you would have reacted (internally and externally) had it been AnHi who posted exactly this content... or even a 2-post Tasty Human.
There is a subtle difference...

If Annie had done it, It wout have been assumed he was being serious in the most inflammatory and tactless manner he could muster.

When CE does it, we have all since learned long ago that he doesn't really believe half of what he posts, he just enjoys getting a rise out of people. As such, we have all learned to just ignore anything CE says except for the humor. :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------
'How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
'You must be', said the Cat, 'or you wouldn't have come here.'

MooCow is a carrier of Mad Cow Disease
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

The Eclipse wrote:If Annie had done it, It wout have been assumed he was being serious in the most inflammatory and tactless manner he could muster.

When CE does it, we have all since learned long ago that he doesn't really believe half of what he posts, he just enjoys getting a rise out of people.
Huh. I don't see that difference in them.
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

I would have read the thread, his post, sighed, and left. I wouldn't have posted because I wouldn't have found anything to respond to. I didn't even respond to the elf, I responded to someone responding to the elf. I'd like to think I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt...this probably would have made it so that I wouldn't. (look for the benefit of the doubt I mean.
Chocolate sauce on a buttery nipple. *Bliss*
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

What Eli said.
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
Spiral
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Spiral »

So the Elf is a whore, and AnHi is a whore. Now, if only we could harness that whoriness, we could power two major cities and rake in some serious bling bling.
Crazy Elf
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Crazy Elf »

Everyone who laughed is going right to hell with me.
Bishop
Grand Marshall of the Imperium

Post by Bishop »

I'll see you there, Elf.
Pax Romana, Motherfucker.
Breaker of unbreakable things.
Spiral
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Spiral »

I stifled a chuckle, so I guess that means I can take the scenic route instead of the straight flight. I get to tour all the rings!
mrmooky
Wuffle Student

Re: Jesus is a little cunt

Post by mrmooky »

Crazy Elf wrote:Hey, do you know what happened to Jesus' afterbirth?
It was preserved in a pickle jar and served up at the Last Supper. Duh.

Why else would Jesus have said, "This is my body and blood"?
The Eclipse
Knight of the Imperium

Post by The Eclipse »

Hey Elf, Jesus is coming to kick your ass.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
'How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
'You must be', said the Cat, 'or you wouldn't have come here.'

MooCow is a carrier of Mad Cow Disease
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

Watch as JESUS crushes and destroys all of his enemies
then finshes them off with the STIGMATA BLASTER©*
All in the name of GOD!!!

* Stigmata Blood may irritate skin and cause minor rashing
rofl! :lol
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
Crazy Elf
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Crazy Elf »

That truck is awesome.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

:lol Holy Shit that was funny!
Crazy Elf
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Crazy Elf »

Oh man! The After-Christ! I'm a fucking comic genius!
Ancient History
Demon

Post by Ancient History »

Indeed.
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

On an unrelated side note...what's E doing in Salem? Last I heard, he was in SoCal.
</font>