Separtist Group? Or worse?

In the SST forum, users are free to discuss philosophy, music, art, religion, sock colour, whatever. It's a haven from the madness of Bulldrek; alternately intellectual and mundane, this is where the controversy takes place.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Rev wrote:I find it ironic that the economy you describe is most closely approximated in the largest and most dense cities of the developed world, and least closely approximated in the rural areas.
Certainly true. However, in addition to what I want to see, cities possess a number of non-desirable traits which I would like to eliminate, which is actually the point.

It's not like I want to get rid of cities. It's not like I want to get rid of technology. I just want to focus those things, eliminate waste, eliminate members of the society who aren't contributing, and so on. I'd also like cotton candy and pony rides, but you can guess which is more likely.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Rather, what can the urban majority do for poor rural people and the resources upon which cities depend for existence?
A very interesting question indeed.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

That's why I don't like farm subsidies and the argument that illegal immigrants lower food prices: food should cost money. It's, like, the most necessary thing after air and water, and we pay next-to-nothing for it, in comparison to crap we don't really need at all. It's time the cities started pouring the money they make for doing bullshit back into the places that actually do something we need, not just crap we want.
Instant Cash
Bondsman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Instant Cash »

3278 wrote:Oh, god damn it.
Yeah, I heard about this on the new the other day.

Makes me sad as well.

I live near the city out of necessity (though some argue that I actually live near it).

I would however, given the option, move farther away from it.
I want to shoot one of these Church kids and ask them "Where is your god now!"
-Big Jim
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Instant Cash wrote:I would however, given the option, move farther away from it.
You have the option, but like the rest of us - almost every single person on the boards, come to think of it - you don't take it, because you can't stand the cost. We like our stuff, our convenience. We like our easy jobs. We like our easy lives. We want to drive sporty cars, and have people serve us dinners. We like not having to grow our own food. We are weak, and decadent. We may rail against it, but we're as much a part of the Amerigeddon as everyone else [except Ray and Quim].

I'm going to buck the trend. I'm getting out. I'm going to move to the country. I've even been looking for land. I'm going to - finally - put my money where my mouth is. Any day now. Really.
Instant Cash

Post by Instant Cash »

3278 wrote:
Instant Cash wrote:I would however, given the option, move farther away from it.
You have the option, but like the rest of us - almost every single person on the boards, come to think of it - you don't take it, because you can't stand the cost. We like our stuff, our convenience. We like our easy jobs. We like our easy lives. We want to drive sporty cars, and have people serve us dinners. We like not having to grow our own food. We are weak, and decadent. We may rail against it, but we're as much a part of the Amerigeddon as everyone else [except Ray and Quim].

I'm going to buck the trend. I'm getting out. I'm going to move to the country. I've even been looking for land. I'm going to - finally - put my money where my mouth is. Any day now. Really.
Too a point I agree, the reason I do not however is because like it or not, I need an income. I have gotten myself too far in debt already to not need one, and even selling what I have and moving will not abolish that.

I do plan on moving back to Colorado however it will not be for another couple years to build up more equity on my home and reduce my debt.

I will however not live too far from people. While a majority of people I cannot stand, there are few to which I really enjoy doing things with.

It is much mroe fun to roleplay with a group of people in the living room.
-Big Jim
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Instant Cash wrote:Too a point I agree, the reason I do not however is because like it or not, I need an income. I have gotten myself too far in debt already to not need one, and even selling what I have and moving will not abolish that.
That's really where I am, too: I'm too deep in the system to just jump out, unless I want to run away to Montana and hide for the rest of my life. And the system is built in such a way that it's very difficult to get out of, because it's a cyclical, self-feeding system. I mean, that's how we got here.
Instant Cash wrote:I will however not live too far from people. While a majority of people I cannot stand, there are few to which I really enjoy doing things with.
And there's a lot to be said for the efficiency, resource-wise, of living in communities, plus most people just like being around people. Even under my insane ideal system, I would expect people to still gather in towns and villages. It's megaplexopolises that are the real problem.

I bet you'll be one happy camper if you can get back to Colorado and find yourself a nice medium-sized town to live in, with plenty of work that doesn't involve raising your own livestock, and plenty of people to associate with, but the opportunity to be out and away from it all.
Instant Cash

Post by Instant Cash »

3278 wrote:
I bet you'll be one happy camper if you can get back to Colorado and find yourself a nice medium-sized town to live in, with plenty of work that doesn't involve raising your own livestock, and plenty of people to associate with, but the opportunity to be out and away from it all.
I would indeed.

Now how to with while getting the BD community there as well...hrmmmm
-Big Jim
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

That's it, we're going under ground for crimes we may or may not have committed, and if you can find us, and we don't double stuff you with cucumbers and man banana's, maybe just maybe you can join the Bulldrek Team!