[Movie] JOHN RAMBO trailer

In the SST forum, users are free to discuss philosophy, music, art, religion, sock colour, whatever. It's a haven from the madness of Bulldrek; alternately intellectual and mundane, this is where the controversy takes place.
JongWK
Bulldrekker

[Movie] JOHN RAMBO trailer

Post by JongWK »

YouTube link here.

I will see this movie.

:wideeyes :D
My country is the world, and my religion is to do good.
-Thomas Paine
UncleJoseph
Wuffle Initiate

Post by UncleJoseph »

What the hell has happened to Sly's face? Did he have some surgery that went wrong? It looks like he has severe nerve damage. Also, from the preview he doesn't seem to be in character for what we've come to expect from John Rambo...although the blood and guts are certainly par for the course.

Oh and I'll watch it simply because Julie Benz is in it. Although I am a pretty hardcore Rambo fan. We have a guy I work with who's last name is Rambo...it's kind of funny, cuz they're definitely not relatives, even in the fantasy world.
If you take away their comforts, people are just like any other animal.
Ancient History
Demon

Post by Ancient History »

There's going back to the well, and then there's necromancy. What the Hell happened to action films?
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Dudes.

Darla is in that flick.

I am going to so enjoy watching the bad guys get messily slaughtered this time around. Rambo III, eh. This one, that looks like it edges on grindhouse levels of violence and production, oh yes.
<a href="http://heftywrenches.wordpress.com">Agent Zero Speaks!</a>
FlakJacket
Orbital Cow Private

Post by FlakJacket »

Well he's killing lots of Burmese soldiers in it so it can't be all that bad of a film.
The 86 Rules of Boozing

75. Beer makes you mellow, champagne makes you silly, wine makes you dramatic, tequila makes you felonious.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

UncleJoseph wrote:What the hell has happened to Sly's face? Did he have some surgery that went wrong? It looks like he has severe nerve damage.
One side of his face has been paralysed since birth, if I remember correctly.
UncleJoseph
Wuffle Initiate

Post by UncleJoseph »

DV8 wrote:
UncleJoseph wrote:What the hell has happened to Sly's face? Did he have some surgery that went wrong? It looks like he has severe nerve damage.
One side of his face has been paralysed since birth, if I remember correctly.
Yes, he has nerve damage near his mouth from a pair of forceps when he was delivered. However, it appears that the condition has worsened severely, or something else has happened.
Crazy Elf
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Crazy Elf »

In those action scenes, he reminded me of Solid Snake. That makes it ten times cooler.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Pathetic.

Uncle Joseph: Google Stallone and Human Growth hormone.
Gunny
SMITE!™ Grand Master

Post by Gunny »

Wow. That human growth hormone has really messed him up. His whole head looks like it's bloating from water retention.
<center><b><font size=1><font color="#FF9900">"Invaders blood marches through my veins, like giant radioactive rubber pants! The pants command me! Do not ignore my veins!" -Zim</font></font></b></center>
Daki
No-Life Loser

Post by Daki »

How much HGH has Stallone used? Look at his head compared to his body. Looks somewhat proportional, right? Okay, now consider the fact that Sly is carrying about 30-40 pounds of excess muscle mass well above his natural level. Shed away that size and he has a Mardi Gras head!
Gunny
SMITE!™ Grand Master

Post by Gunny »

*brings out the piñata stick*
<center><b><font size=1><font color="#FF9900">"Invaders blood marches through my veins, like giant radioactive rubber pants! The pants command me! Do not ignore my veins!" -Zim</font></font></b></center>
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

This movie has obviously been rewritten a few times, because earlier versions took place (Allegedly) in America.

What took me back was how graphic this one was-which given the content may make sense, but I am afraid that it is going to simply be gore and violence just to be graphic, and not as a natural extension of the plot and story. And that sucks. What made First Blood so damn emotional was how relatable it was. This doesn't feel like it will be the same movie.

Then add in the religion, and I'm really turned off from something that really is targeting me directly.
UncleJoseph
Wuffle Initiate

Post by UncleJoseph »

There were several drafts of the script. The one that made it furthest (prior to the preview version) had John Rambo coming out of seclusion/retirement to save his daughter from some criminal warlord types in the U.S. They had gone so far as to cast several of the characters in that version. I was shocked to see the preview and realized they went a whole new direction. However, it seems the new direction is more in-line with the story arc from the first 3 movies. I'm not big on the blood and guts for the sake of blood and guts. I'm hoping the final cut of the movie will put the violence into perspective, like the first 2 movies.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

I've never seen any Rambo movies, but this looks satisfyingly violent and explosive to me.
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

Go see the first one. It's by far the best.
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
UncleJoseph
Wuffle Initiate

Post by UncleJoseph »

You know, I just realized that I have to see this movie. I loved all 3 of the first Rambo movies. Although I think the 1st one had the most powerful story, I like the 2nd movie the best. Besides Stallone looking all bloated and such, I'm interested in seeing how true to his character he stays (he's directing it, BTW). I am personally excited about this new movie. However, I think the blood and guts from the preview will be edited more by the time it hits the big screen.

I'm such a huge Rambo fan that I have the soundtracks to 2 & 3.
Ancient History
Demon

After Rocky Balboa, I'm gonna give Sly Stallone the benefit of the doubt on this one. He might could pull off a winner here.
UncleJoseph
Wuffle Initiate

Post by UncleJoseph »

How was Rocky Balboa? I couldn't believe he did another Rocky movie, but I guess I'm just as surprised at a 60-year-old Rambo character too.
Ancient History
Demon

I went in to Rocky Balboa expecting the worst, but I came out very satisfied. It's a good movie. Hell, it's a better sequel to Rocky than any of the other Rocky movies. I have a couple qualms about the movie, but none of them really involve Stallone. His performance was tight and realistic. I sat through the movie, and I honestly could not tell by the fight at the end whether Rocky would win or lose.
jo_alex
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by jo_alex »

Ancient History wrote:I went in to Rocky Balboa expecting the worst, but I came out very satisfied. It's a good movie.
Ditto.