The 'sound off about something that sucked today' thread

IrnMaidan
Tasty Human

Post by IrnMaidan »

My wisdom teeth are trying to rip their way out of my mouth which is causing major owie. :cry:
Kitt
Baron of the Imperium

Post by Kitt »

I get to go to the girly doctor in 20 minutes. And my allergy meds that were "in the mail" 15 days ago still haven't arrived. And the brother is broken.
Real life quotes, courtesy of the PetsHotel:
"Drop it, you pervert!"
"Ma'am? Ma'am! You are very round."
"It's a hump-a-palooza today."
"Everybody get away from the poop bucket!"
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

I had to attend sexual harassment training today (mandatory for supervisors and up). total waste of fucking time. I learned nothing new.

Correction: I learned that Promoted Office Monkey, UFC, and I are smarter than most of the management and supervisors in the security field.
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
IrnMaidan
Tasty Human

Post by IrnMaidan »

I got out of work at 1:30 a.m. and had a fucking migrane all night. I even had to actually unload the truck instead of just helping unload it and put it out.
Moto42
Wuffle Master

Post by Moto42 »

Someone stole the speakers from the guard-shack computer. Now I'm stuck here without my music for 12 hours.
Hello, I'm a signature VIRUS!
Copy me to your signature to help me grow.
sinsual
Bondsman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by sinsual »

I have to run new network wiring thru the attic when the battery on my cordless drill died. So now I have to wait for it to quickcharge, then crawl back into the attic to run the wiring. Atleast it isn't fiberglass insulation, but damn it has to be 120F up there right now...
www.evieshope.com
No infant should have Eye Cancer...
IrnMaidan
Tasty Human

Post by IrnMaidan »

I got stuck at work until 1:30 a.m the other day building a tv stand and when I went in today it wasn't done so I had 15 minutes to finish building it and get it to the lady's house before her 12 appoitment.
Kitt
Baron of the Imperium

Post by Kitt »

After making the poor decision to chow down on more than half of a medium, grease-coated bag o' popcorn, a big bag o' sour patch kids, and a very large coke, I now have to take about 208341 Maalox to quell the churning in my stomach.
Kids, take this as a lesson: Don't eat the chairs in the movie theatre.
"Drop it, you pervert!"
IrnMaidan
Tasty Human

Post by IrnMaidan »

I ran over a cat on the way home tonight
Kitt
Baron of the Imperium

Post by Kitt »

Parents are staunchly refusing to allow me to perform in a colorguard during the NYC Heritage Pride Parade. Will have to come out to them in order to arrange such a thing, and will promptly be thrown from the house.
"Drop it, you pervert!"
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

Working my shift in the car + mp3 player full of Animaniacs, ska, and rockabilly = Cash losing his voice.
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
Iantha
Bulldrekker

Post by Iantha »

Paul got injured at work again last night.
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

I saw that on his lj. When I become the new dictator, everytime Paul gets assulted or injured due to administration f-up, then Paul gets to do the same thing to the higher ups for creating the situation.
</font>
Iantha
Bulldrekker

Post by Iantha »

Hey, I'm down with that.... And Paul is too.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

I forgot to wish Eva a good time on her trip before she left. I suck.
jo_alex
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by jo_alex »

Spent like 2 hours online browsing through various avatars. Haven't seen anything I'd like to claim as mine. :(
Tryyng
Bulldrekker

Post by Tryyng »

I've done little but go to work, come home and play minesweeper for the past week. I've been avoiding friends to play minesweeper. I just finished a game, and came to the dawning realization - I hate minesweeper now.
--- Cheddar Sword: +1 sharpness ---
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

I ran over a cat today. :(

While getting on the freeway, the wash from the car ahead of me flung the cat right in front of me (either that or the car ahead and in the next lane hit the cat and it bounced into my lane). At first I thought it was a bag (the on ramp was pretty dark), but by the time I realized what it was, the cat was already going under the tires.
</font>
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Damn, that sucks, dude. :(
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

Yeah. What makes it worse is that it had the same general coloring/pattern as my two monsters.
</font>
jo_alex
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by jo_alex »

Sorry to hear that. :(
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

One fucking guard calling off has forced me to spend over 3 hours on the phone trying to cover one shift (so far 3 guards shuffled around to differnt sites and at different times). It's no wonder I hate leaving messages on my friends' phones.
</font>
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

When I got to the swimming pool at 6:55 am, it turned out to be closed for the week. Grrrr...
Kitt
Baron of the Imperium

Post by Kitt »

Cramps of doom hit with an hour left of work. I was 15 cents short of the chocolate ice cream bar in the vending machine downstairs. Nobody else had change.

Additionally: went to dermatologist to get a freckle or 3 on the left thigh checked out. Doc looks at the big one, busts out a melanoma warning sign card, holds up the third picture to my leg, and I go, "Aw crap."
Freckle is now on its way to a lab to see if it *is* melanoma. If so, I will be dancing around singing, "I'm a carcinogen, I'm a carcinogen, I'm a carcinogen, doo-dah doo-dah hey!"
"Drop it, you pervert!"
jo_alex
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by jo_alex »

Aarghhh... it seems as we won't have any capoeira trainings for the next two months! The school we train on Mondays is closed for the summer and we don't figure in the summer schedule of the dance school we used to train in on Saturdays. That sucks BIG time. :(
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

They didn't let everyone know?
</font>
jo_alex
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by jo_alex »

Not yet. I know that our teacher was trying to find another location for us but the last two trainings were cancelled. I hope there will be something during that tiime. The weather is too bad to train outside in the park, damn it.
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

Ooch...good luck.
</font>
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

It rained last night (the state had a really dry winter, so any late rain is good). Guess who left his sunroof half way open?
</font>
Tiny Deev
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Tiny Deev »

No one is posting anything. Thats kind of negative.
Kitt
Baron of the Imperium

Post by Kitt »

One of my favorite distant-relatives is dying of ALS. His 8-year-old son, who has recently had open surgery, may need a valve replacement. He and his wife both have Lyme.
That really sucks.
"Drop it, you pervert!"
JohnnyRico
Wuffle Student

Post by JohnnyRico »

Well, the exceedingly large bags of douche that constitute the management here at work refuse to see that, hey, we have shitty response times in the morning, so lets get some more techs on. As such, Instead of acting as a Transitional Trainer like they brought me onto this team to be, I'm stuck getting dicked over and being a normal tech. And it's busy as fucking hell here during the day.

And now they've got us down to one day a week off the phones. This time a month ago, we had one day ON the phones. Fucking management
"I have a conundrum for you. A riddle if you will. What's the difference between you, and malard with a cold? I don't remember how it ends, but your mothers a whore." -"Sean Connery" Celebrity Jeopardy- SNL
Tiny Deev
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Tiny Deev »

Everything was fine today. I was going out with this girl, I went to the gym with her so I could kinda show off, everything went smooth. I even got a work out, which I hadn't had in fucking yonks...

I took the bus home, and I come home and can't find my keys. I fucking lost the keys to my house. I suck!
Kitt
Baron of the Imperium

Post by Kitt »

In Fark-fashion

Not news: The refrigerator has been dripping. The landlord said it had something to do with the humidity, so we played along and dealt with it. Despite a lack of humidity, the refrigerator continues to drip. We call a friend who happens to fix fridges for a living; he says he'll look at it the next time he's in town.
News: Tonight, we discover why it's dripping:
In the back of the freezer there is a grating, much like one would find on a high school locker, used as a vent. (Or slipping notes/pot. Whatever.) Through said grate/vent, there is an obvious metal coil. It is excessively hot. Very bright red. The condensation that usually freezes into a light layer of frost on the inside of the freezer is condensing near that red coil and dripping. Complete with sizzling sound effects, funky smell of hot metal cooling, and steam...that condenses...and pools by the red hot coil...and drips...
Fark: This happens *after* a late-night shopping trip to buy milk, ice pops, waffles, and other assorted cold things. The contents of the fridge/freezer are now sitting in the freshly-cleaned bathtub awaiting ice.
"Drop it, you pervert!"
Tiny Deev
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Tiny Deev »

I got stood up on my hawt date. We were totally gonna have crazy monkey sex, but she didn't show. No text, no phone call, nothing. Not that THATS so bad, its just the fourth time its happened to me so far. I'm starting to wonder if its me.

But something positive did happen though, so check the positive thread.
Funny, yet sad. Kinda like getting tit-fucked by a clown.