[Story Thread] Escape From the Prison Planet!

Serious Paul
Devil

[Story Thread] Escape From the Prison Planet!

Post by Serious Paul »

CD/

C:

C: run escapefromtheprisonplanet.exe

Run this program?

Y/N?

Y

executing files.

Deep in the reaches of the barely known space in the vast darkness of Bulldrek space. Sector 12, Gamma Quadrant.

"Welcome to the Prison Planet. Here you are nothing, you're powers are meaningless. Here we've neutralized the Bulldrek effect. There is no regeneration. No teleportation. Nothing.And you've been sentenced by Control to rot for the rest of your days."

"I am the Warden of this rock, and don't bother attacking me-this is simplely a holographic projection. I am quite safely located far above you on the orbital platform. Should I desire it, Cows flung from the station at speeds that would numb your minds would smash the surface of this planet to bits. You're lives are mine to do whatever I wish."

"You will each serve out your sentences, until such time as Control sees fit to remove you from this hell.'

Turning to his aide Serious Paul signals the end of the broadcast. Sighing he leaned back onto his comfortable control chair.

"Make sure we have Jury locked up tight. I don't trust him-he may have pledged his loyalty to COntol but I don't want him near the machines. No computers for him, nothing more complicated than a chess board in fact."

Nodding, knowing his orders would be carried out SeriousPaul stood, and walked over to the lift. A retinal scan that was barely visible at all, took less than a second to recognize whom he was, and what access he had. That was a feature 3278 had built in before being deposed. Things had been simpler then. He longed, briefly, for the heady days of the Engine and the Module's rule. While the current management team was certainly much easier on the eyes, and certainly offered a lot more fringe benefit's for employees like him-it was still not like the old Imperium. He missed the old days.

Suddenly the lift stopped, allowing him access to one the most classified secrets of his station. There before him was a laboratory and stable. Strapped to a large gyroscope was MooCow. His eyes blank, as he was hooked to a virtual machine at all hours of the day and night to keep him subservient. His udders were fitted with couplers, and hoses that drained his milk, and sliced bits of his DNA with nanomachines.

They were cloning cows. Blatantly illegal under the new Imperium multiboard pecae treaties. If the Underworld, or DSF found out there'd be war.

"How are we my little Bovine friend? Feeling a little out of it? Of course."SeriousPaul adjusted the controls that injected grass extract mixed with nutrients in a saline mix. Moo was kept alive, but just barely. Everyone knew that cow kicks were the worst.

"Computer give me an update on the CazMonster."He knew this was futile, but he had to ask.

[glow]There has been no sign of the CazMonster for 76 cycles.
[/glow]

Damn....
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

"Why, yes, I will have food loaf for third time today. Dinner! Thank you, Warden."

Flame smiles softly at the holographic projection carrying piles after piles of food loaf to all prisoners on the prison planet.

"Another day, another food loaf."

Flame waits and waits...then finally, the holographic project leaves, and he turns to his hidden stash of food loaves that he has been hoarding. Indeed, it is almost time to escape, and before he will attempt to escape, he must be able to meld 2-ton stash of food loaf into a body-armor. Maybe few. Maybe weapon. Food loaf sword. Now that is a thought. Flame gently clangs food loaf against the metallic wall, and is pleased at the thought of the hidden strength of food loaf. Only question remains is how heck prison misses the 2-ton pile of food loaves...
_I'm a nightmare of every man's fantasy.
Moto42
Wuffle Master

Post by Moto42 »

*Looks up from the glass sword he's polishing, fresh from his makeshift volcanic "anealing oven" (read: iron box suspended over a small lava-flow)*
The answer is simple, friend. No matter how much of it vanishes, no one will ever "miss" food-loaf.
A better question, perhaps, how are we getting off the surface of this rock?
Hello, I'm a signature VIRUS!
Copy me to your signature to help me grow.
Reika
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Reika »

"The simple enough answer to your question is to steal a supply ship. The actual doing of it will prove to be very interesting, but even without our powers we're bright enough souls to figure something out." A cool, slightly ragged voice spoke behind Moto. The owner of the voice had clearly seen better days, her clothing in a sad state of repair, former long flowing hair had been hacked short, aparrently by a sharp rock or dull knife. Her pale skin was badly blistered in spot, and while the ice blue eyes glittered with suppressed anger, there was actual sanity for once.

"It should not be overly difficult for me to remember my non-magical skills of my former profession, and after all it was those skills that enabled me to get through some of the defenses of Hell. I wonder who else might be trapped on this misbegotten world that would be interested in an alliance to get out."

The former icemage looked upon the blasted landscape and sneered, "Our captor obviously doesn't know what Hell is."
BloodHound
Bulldrekker

Post by BloodHound »

*the whining sound of over worked servos and clinking metal on metal comes from the cell cady corner of Flame, a blockish form brings its self to a sitting postition*

"I for one, would rise to the occasion. I've been here...here... far too long for my taste.
The supply...ly... ships come often enough, but have many armed gaurds...aurds. If a way was devised.. ised... to obtain one of those ships, you will have my skills...ills... to put to good use.

*brushes dust off shoulder and turns to the side of his cell*

"Now, may i interest..est... any of my new collegues in a beverage..age. It is quite safe, made from fermented...ed... food loaf and flavored drink, triple distilled...illed. I call it the house special..al.

*offers the concoction in over turned chess pieces, the hollow kind with the velvet removed from the bottom, to the gathered inmates*
------------------------------------------------------------------
If its one thing I learned from Ghostbusters, its that we never cross the streams.
Moto42
Wuffle Master

Post by Moto42 »

No need for the chess peice friend, here. *hands the android a light blue pitcher and some matching glasses*

Here's a thought, the reality warpage of the Bulldrek effect has been negated here, yet Orbital Bovine Bombardment is a direct application of this. Without it they just burn away to CO2, water and a few other trace chemicals in the atmosphere. How exactly does he plan to hit us from up there without temporarily re-instating the BD effect?
I doubt his threat is hollow, but, unless he's willing to risk us having our BD powers for even an instant, there's something else we don't know about going on up there.
Lord Death Hand
No-Life Loser

Post by Lord Death Hand »

A man in a tattered cloak approached the gathered prisoners. He wore a small grin on his scruffy face. He seemed alomst as ragged as the cloak he wore.

"Nice little gathering we have going on. What's the topic of conversation today? How to spice up your food loaf or is it something more drastic? Something like escaping? If it's something like that I think I'd like to lend a hand."

The man reached into the folds of his cloak and produced a cigarette and match. He lit it and took a long drag.

"Damn that feels good...haven't had one in months. Anyone else want one?"
I am the evil monkey what lives in your nuts.

Lick my butt and suck my balls, America FUCK YEAH!
Reika

Post by Reika »

The former mage shook her head decliing both the fermented food loaf and the cigarette, ragged, dirty hair sliding over her shoulders. "Thank you, but no. I think we may want to see if we can get our metallic friend over there freed and given a tuneup. Then we will need to see where the supply ships drop. As for the cow bombardment...he would only need to shield them long enough to get through reentry, then have the shield drop once in the atmosphere. But that too is a possibility to be considered."

Swiftly and silently, Reika walked over to the robot's cell and began to examine how he was bound and to consider how to free him as the others discussed things amongst themselves.
Lord Death Hand
No-Life Loser

The ragged man stepped up behind Reika and peered over her shoulder. Before he reached her though he put his cigarette out. It would have been rude to blow smoke in her face accidently.

"The lock on the cell should be easy enough, but I don't know if they have any extra security. As for the sheild or whatever you want to call it, all that would be done is to have the sheild set up just inside the atmosphere. Launch the cow in normal Bulldrek space and it should survive re-entry. Then you have the normal squishing and death of the cow impacting someone here. That wouldn't recquire too much I wouldn't think. I hope I got my thoughts through clearly."

LDH sighed and then moved to Reika's side.

"So my android friend, do you know anything about the security surrounding your cell?"

BloodHound
Bulldrekker

Post by BloodHound »

"It should be a fairly simple device...ice. I have not noticed any other form of precaution...tion... taken to prevent it from opening "accidentaly...y". Its purpose was to deliver...ver... me unhindered to the planets surface, though i do not know why they wouldnt have...ave... used a normal transport."

The machine gladly accepts the pitcher and glasses from Moto and transfers the beverages to the more suitable containers.

"Ah, these will make things easier...er. Thank you. As for the sheild, it may be a one way barrier surrounding...ing... the planet. Bulldrek comes in, but cant go out...out."
If its one thing I learned from Ghostbusters, its that we never cross the streams.
Reika

Post by Reika »

Though she seemed to not be paying attention to the robot's words, Reika had been listening intently as she studied the device containing him.

"I'm not the technological wizard some of my former colleagues were, but I've learned enough over time. It looks like the tech equivalent of a mage mask, it's there to hinder your innate abilities that you had before you entered Bulldrek's field."

She scowled slightly and raised her left hand, along the forearm was some sort of metallic bracer with odd glyphs. "They put something similar on me, I cannot use the magical abilities I possessed before arriving in Bulldrek. If they've made it simlar to my prison, you can't touch it, but the rest of us might be able to disable it."

The elven woman gazed around at the ragged collection of Drekkers, "We'd better get to work, the Powers only know what they're up to up there, or if Paul has gone insane and took Control with him."

Her chapped lips quirked slightly and the skin cracked a bit more causing them to start bleeding slightly as her frost blue eyes glinted with self-mockery, "Not that I should try to escape since I do have crimes to atone for, but such is a prisoner's nature to wish to fly free from her bonds."
Moto42
Wuffle Master

Post by Moto42 »

Some things are more important than atonement, I've many crimes of my own to answere for but this imprisonment is not the judgement meant for any of us.

The personal touch our captors gave me was a probable-anomaly stabilization feild generator, probably hidden somewhere underground. Try to imagine your mind body and soul being stuck in molasas with a mage mask and an "overtimulation" spell on.

*Slowly, painfully, a crowbar slid from the inside of Moto's forearm into his hand.* This is and my skill is all I have to. At least I cannot be denied my most basic tool.

There is a time for subtltey and a time for the SMASHY SMASHY! *assaults the lock on Bloodhounds cell, making slow progress with it.
Lord Death Hand
No-Life Loser

LDH smacks his forehead and sighes.He takes a few steps back and then sits on the ground as Moto went nutzoid on the lock. I better let him have his fun, it's probably very stress relieving. I just hope he doesn't damage the locking device too badly. LDH reaches into his cloak and pulls a thin and oddly shaped piece of metal. He then started to fiddle around with it and light up another cigeratte. Feeling the smoke inside his lungs reminded him of his true form. LDH tilted his head back and looked at Reika.

"I wonder how long it'll be before the gaurds notice the crazy guy with a crowbar hammering away at the cell of another inmate."

A small grin crossed his face.

Reika

Post by Reika »

Leaning against a boulder the former mage watched Moto with a bit of amusement.

"Oh, I don't think they'll care, not after what I went through to get here." The expression on her face was a smile, but one that no one wanted directed at them. "While my magic is locked down, I am still a credit to my sensei's teachings. As for our friend over here..."

She pushed herself up from the rock, calmly walked over to the man furiously beating on the lock, or at least trying to. He looked like someone moving slow motion, which only made it all the easier. With a swift, sure motion, Reika reached out with her left hand and snagged something off the back of Moto's neck and held it up while he suddenly sped up into normal motion. In her hand was a small chip that was soon crushed into powder under one foot.

"I know you won't have your powers back, but at least this way you can move normally and think clearly."
Lord Death Hand
No-Life Loser

As Reika freed Moto from whatever had been binding his movements LDH seized the chance to pick the lock. He was up off of his butt and at the door in one fluid motion. LDH then insterted the thin piece of metal into the lock. It snaked it's way through as LDH jiggled it around looking for the catch. LDH's face contorted in concentration. In a couple more seconds he thought he could have the android free or at the very least the lock picked. There was a soft pop and the door was no longer locked.

"That should do it I think."

LDH's grin played across his face once more.

"I haven't had to do that in years."

Moto42
Wuffle Master

Post by Moto42 »

*Looks from the broken chip, to Reika, to the chip, to the lock, back at Reika, and hits the lock once more as hard as he can. Having suffenciently vented he drops the crowbar and walks to a wall, the steel bar draging itself after him.*

Thankyou, I feel much, much better now.

*leans against the wall and sighs*
It occurs to me, belatedly, that whomever has incarcerated us here would not make the mistake of leaving beings of our power un-watched, and here we are planing an escape in the open.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

(OOC I need hitmen, so I can edit this post to a death star style bounty hunter scene!)
Reika

Post by Reika »

Satisfied that Moto was settled down somewhat, Reika returned to her rock, this time hopping up on it and perching there. "You would think that...but in my travels to this place there are other beings bound here. I suspect that there is some special nature of this place that nullifies great powers, the Things imprisoned here... No, we are not the greatest threats and I for one would not want to see Them freed. They make the soul eaters look pleasant."

She looked out over the horizon of the blasted and twisted landscape they were held, eyes unfocused as she thought over her next words.

"You are probably right in that we should find cover to discuss our plans, just in case. Now that we have our mechanical friend, we might be able to obtain something a bit more secure."
BloodHound
Bulldrekker

Post by BloodHound »

The android lifts its self from the cage, its joints speaking and various other parts moaning from ill repair. It moves around various parts until the noise they make fades and faces the group.

"I concur. Not only will we be somewhat shielded from observation, it will give me a chance to look for some form of repair devices. Oh, my. Being released from my confines has fixed that nasty speech impediment already...y... shit."

The machine looks around, and points to the North West.

"I beileve I saw a structure or facility of some kind in that direction on my way down. Did any one else notice it on their way in?"
Reika

Post by Reika »

The pale woman looked in the direction indicated, "There is a building there, it reminded me something of a strip mall, but the styling seemed odd. I saw movement there, but in my hampered state didn't care to explore on my own. Hopefully we will be able to obtain basic survival gear."

She drew some tattered fabric that was acting as a shawl to cover her face from the effects of the harsh sun on her delicate skin, but judging by some of the blisters it was almost too little too late.
Lord Death Hand
No-Life Loser

"They let you see on the way in?"

The ragged man was puzzled. He had been blindfolded and shackled to his chair during the whole trip. Of course they may not have wanted him to witness the phycially changes that had sent his body into painful spasms. That also explained the shackles now that he thought about it. The expression on his face passed and the grin reappeared. The man let down his hood and blond hair caught the light from the sun. The heat refreshed him.

"This could be fun, anyone have stuff to barter with or are we just planning on stealing whatever we need?"

He certainly hoped it was the latter, theft was so much more fun.

Reika

Post by Reika »

"Barter? Hardly. Even if there were things to barter with other than fermented food loaf," she shuddered delicately, " I doubt if the individuals there would be inclined to barter."

Reika stretched slightly and popping sounds came from her back, "Anyway we can consider this a warmup exercise for our eventual target."
Lord Death Hand
No-Life Loser

LDH nodded and cracked his knuckles. That was another thing he hadn't had the chance to do for quite some time.

"Do you know what we might be facing in that complex? I have a very limited supply of weaponry if we are to be fighting."

FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

Puts on foodloaf armor crafted for himself, and makes several foodloaf shurikens, for foodloaves can be deadly if aimed at mouth of hungry guards. Better question is, what foodloaf is good for? Let me ennumerate the ways.

1. Bullet protection. It's cooked so densely that bullets cannot pierce.

2. Own center of gravity. Don't ask how useful this is. Just let's say this stuff is really dense. Just do not know how I'm not crushed yet.

3. Pissing off Serious Paul. Because three of my successful escape efforts involved food loaf, and there's a thing called "beaucracy" that doesn't allow me to be deprived fo food loaf. So hence, pissing off Serious Paul due to extra beaucracy work.

Ah yes, now I'm done...there are many more things that foodloaf can do. Especially at that family reunion. Just add fruit, and you got fruitcakeloaf. Now I shall be off.

Here am I. I'm in middle of prison corridor. Guards are nowhere to be seen. Of course, because some of security cameras are blindfolded by foodloaf blindfolds by my friends. Few guards are knocked out by 80-pound foodloaf 2x4. (yes, that dense.) Now I must find an escape pod...as a rule, a complex this big has to have an escape pod. I believe that this sign is saying, "Escape Pod" There we go.

All I have to do is push this blue button. Oh wait. There's a red button with a sign below that says, "Do not push this if escaping." But I have to find out what this red button does...

*Flame goes over in the escape pod to push red button just to find out what it will do...*

Flame's last words before being teleported:

"Damn you, Paul! You know me too we---zzzzzzt!"
_I'm a nightmare of every man's fantasy.
steeltoe1926
Bulldrekker

Post by steeltoe1926 »

*Coming around the corner

"It’s a good thing the food loaf didn't make the transport with him. Too dense you see. So the transporter simply dose not attempt to move anything with the molecular structure of the loaf as to not overload it."

"Bloodhound good to see you there is a limited service facility down the back I'll see what I can do to fix ya up. Just let me grab the loaf first. Might need it to temp fix till we can find something better. Got the tool just need the material.
_
Don't go looking for snakes you might find them
Don't turn you'r eyes to the sun you might blind them
Haven't I seen you here before?
No, there ain't no heroes here
Metallica
Moto42
Wuffle Master

Post by Moto42 »

Reika, LDH, Bloodhound. It would appear that we are the last 4 sane beings on this entire rock. I suggest we not drink the water or eat the food untill we can properly purify it.
Lord Death Hand
No-Life Loser

LDH stifles a chuckle.

"Well that may be the case so far, but I'm sure there are other rational prisoners around. Now I have one more quick question seeing as how I already sort of brought it up; since it seems we'll be attacking the complex to the north west I'd like to do a weapons inventory, though maybe somewhere a little more secluded."

BloodHound
Bulldrekker

Post by BloodHound »

"Thank you Steel, I much apperciate your zeal in the matter of reapir and refit."

The android turns to the other inmates, a small port opening in its arm, sliding away to reveal a pair of daggers and offers them to LDH.

"I have my own attack and defense parameters, maybe these may be of service to someone else? It would also interest me as to what our plan of attack would be."
Lord Death Hand
No-Life Loser

LDH nods and the two blades disappear into his ragged cloak.

"I have a pair alrighty, but I think I'll keep these unless someone else wants them. Now I think it's time we moved our little party somewhere else, just in case we look to suspicious to someone."

Reika

Post by Reika »

"Since I don't know what the forces are going to be at that area, I do know of a shallow cave nearby, I'm not sure if our metallic friend here can fit into it."

She frowned slightly behind her ragged scarf, "But getting out of the heat and sun would be welcome. Follow me."

Still graceful, but lacking quite a bit of her former speed, Reika started to head in a roundabout direction to the area she had in mind.
Lord Death Hand
No-Life Loser

LDH frowns as he begins to follow Reika. I wonder why the heat is affect Reika in such a negative way and I feel fine? LDH sighed and continued to walk.

"What's so bad about the heat?"

Crap...did I just say that out loud?

Reika

Post by Reika »

The elven woman smiled wryly, "When the Bulldrek influence was removed, I revered to my original state only with my magical abilities cut off. There were reasons why I was called the ice mage, I may not have the links to the Ice like I once did, but my old vulnerabilities to heat and fire have returned."

She scowled, "Bulldrek had spoiled me, I had forgotten how much heat sucks."
Lord Death Hand
No-Life Loser

LDH nodded.

"That makes sense. It would explain why I feel rejuivinated by the heat. So how long until we reach the cave?"

Reika

Post by Reika »

((Sorry, been mindfried, totally forgot))

"It shouldn't be too much farther..."
Lord Death Hand
No-Life Loser

((No prob. I think we might be the only ones who remember the thread anyway :D ))

LDH looked ahead and spotted an outcropping of rocks. He could see a large gash in the rocks and he assumed that it was the cave they were headed for. It seemed to radiate with an aura of cold.

Reika

Post by Reika »

((Sounds about right))

Ice blue eyes narrowed, "That's not the cave I remember, but it couldn't hurt to take a look at it."

Cautiously the elven woman began to approach the cave.