The Quote Game thread

laughing Monkey
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by laughing Monkey »

Darling. Light, of my life. I'm not gonna hurt ya. You didn't let me finish my sentence. I said, I'm not gonna hurt ya. I'm just gonna bash your brains in. I'm gonna bash 'em right the fuck in. Ha, ha.
~ Jack Torrance - The Shining
_ The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?</hr>
Daki
No-Life Loser

Post by Daki »

And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handfull of dust.
T.S. Eliot - The Wasteland
Gunny
SMITE!™ Grand Master

Post by Gunny »

The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently.
Nietzsche
<center><b><font size=1><font color="#FF9900">"Invaders blood marches through my veins, like giant radioactive rubber pants! The pants command me! Do not ignore my veins!" -Zim</font></font></b></center>
Daki
No-Life Loser

Post by Daki »

"You want to know who the scariest animal in the world is? Us. Because there are six billion of us, we're capable of anything and we do as we're told."

- "God" (aka Warren Ellis to the puny humans)
Gunny
SMITE!™ Grand Master

Post by Gunny »

Do not worry about your difficulties in Mathematics. I can assure you mine are still greater.
Albert Einstein
<center><b><font size=1><font color="#FF9900">"Invaders blood marches through my veins, like giant radioactive rubber pants! The pants command me! Do not ignore my veins!" -Zim</font></font></b></center>
laughing Monkey
Bulldrek Junkie

Remember, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.
~ Dale Carnegie
_ The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?</hr>
Kitt
Baron of the Imperium

Post by Kitt »

You insensitive prick! Do you have any idea how much that stings?!
Jack Jeebs, Men in Black
Real life quotes, courtesy of the PetsHotel:
"Drop it, you pervert!"
"Ma'am? Ma'am! You are very round."
"It's a hump-a-palooza today."
"Everybody get away from the poop bucket!"
Silent Sniper
Bondsman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Silent Sniper »

SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!!!!!

-The Tick
_
The Duke of Slack
Wielder of the Axe of Mass Destruction
Keeper of the Food Loaf

Quote of the random period of time:
Beware, naughty children, for the bells herald Santa's dark harvest of souls...
Gunny
SMITE!™ Grand Master

Post by Gunny »

Never pick a fight with an ugly person, they've got nothing to lose.
Robin Williams
laughing Monkey
Bulldrek Junkie

Excuse me, would you like to taste my smoked meat log?
~ Brian Griffin - Family Guy
Chopper
Tasty Human

Post by Chopper »

Get to the choppa!
- Arnold Schwarzenegger, Predator
Toon
Bulldrek Junkie
Location: Stuck to the grate right outside the sewage treatment plant.

Post by Toon »

As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality.
- Albert Einstein
_There are some who say that Time is itself a hammer: that each slow second marks another tap that makes big rocks into little rocks, waterfalls into canyons, cliffs into beaches.
There are some who say that Time is instead a blade. They see the dance of its razored tip, poised like a venomous snake, forever ready to slay faster than the eye can see.
And there are some who say that Time is both hammer and blade.
They say the hammer is a sculptor's mallet, and the blade is a sculptor's chisel: that each stroke is a refinement, a perfecting, a discovery of truth and beauty within what would otherwise be blank and lifeless stone.
And I name this saying wisdom.
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

"You're faster than this."
-Morpheus
To the entire world, you may be one single person, but to one person, you may be the entire world.
Bishop
Grand Marshall of the Imperium

Post by Bishop »

Stupid is forever; ignorance can be fixed.

Don Wood.
Pax Romana, Motherfucker.
Breaker of unbreakable things.
Toon
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Toon »

Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live.
- Mark Twain
_There are some who say that Time is itself a hammer: that each slow second marks another tap that makes big rocks into little rocks, waterfalls into canyons, cliffs into beaches.
There are some who say that Time is instead a blade. They see the dance of its razored tip, poised like a venomous snake, forever ready to slay faster than the eye can see.
They say the hammer is a sculptor's mallet, and the blade is a sculptor's chisel: that each stroke is a refinement, a perfecting, a discovery of truth and beauty within what would otherwise be blank and lifeless stone.
Kitt
Baron of the Imperium

Post by Kitt »

Ever pull the wings off a fly? Care to see a fly get even?
Bug, a la Edgar, Men In Black
Real life quotes, courtesy of the PetsHotel:
"Drop it, you pervert!"
"Ma'am? Ma'am! You are very round."
"It's a hump-a-palooza today."
"Everybody get away from the poop bucket!"
Toon
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Toon »

Nothing can bring you peace but yourself.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
laughing Monkey
Bulldrek Junkie

"Facts are the enemy of truth."
~Don Quixote - Man of La Mancha
Toon
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Toon »

Humans are not proud of their ancestors, and rarely invite them round to dinner.
- Douglas Adams
Buzzed
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Buzzed »

Run away!
- Monty Python and the Holy Grail
_
Toon
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Toon »

You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
- Steven Wright
laughing Monkey
Bulldrek Junkie

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad."
~ Salvador Dali
Toon
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Toon »

Death is more universal than life; everyone dies but not everyone lives.
- A. Sachs
Johnny the Bull
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by Johnny the Bull »

Sex without love is an empty experience, but as empty experiences go it's a pretty good one.
~Woody Allen
--------------------------------------------
No money, no honey
Toon
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Toon »

Either this man is dead or my watch has stopped.
- Groucho Marx
Bishop
Grand Marshall of the Imperium

Post by Bishop »

Do not remove a fly from a friend's forehead with a hatchet.

Chinese Proverb.
Pax Romana, Motherfucker.
Breaker of unbreakable things.
laughing Monkey
Bulldrek Junkie

"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense."
~ Tom Clancy
Toon
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Toon »

Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it.
- Confucius
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

The thing generally raised on city land is taxes.

Author: Charles Dudley Warner
Toon
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Toon »

She got her looks from her father. He's a plastic surgeon.
- Groucho Marx
Gunny
SMITE!™ Grand Master

Post by Gunny »

Nature abhors a vacuum, and if I can only walk with sufficient carelessness I am sure to be filled.
-Henry David Thoreau
Toon
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Toon »

Drop the question what tomorrow may bring, and count as profit every day that fate allows you.
- Horace
Gunny
SMITE!™ Grand Master

Post by Gunny »

Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullshit in order to be comfortable?
-Mia Wallace 'Pulp Fiction'
Toon
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Toon »

Everything you can imagine is real.
- Pablo Picasso
Gunny
SMITE!™ Grand Master

Post by Gunny »

Lay off my boots Harley! I'm in no fucking mood.
-Robert "The Marlboro Man" 'Harley Davidson & the Marlboro Man'
Toon
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Toon »

Dreams are postcards from our subconscious, inner self to outer self, right brain trying to cross that moat to the left. Too often they come back unread: "return to sender, addressee unknown." That's a shame because it's a whole other world out there - or in here depending on your point of view.
- Chris Stevens (As played by John Corbett and written by Dennis Koenig and Jordan Budde), Northern Exposure, "Roots"
Johnny the Bull
Bulldrek Pimp

We have a firm commitment to NATO, we are a 'part' of NATO. We have a firm commitment to Europe. We are a 'part' of Europe.
~Dan Quayle
No money, no honey
Gunny
SMITE!™ Grand Master

Post by Gunny »

ENGLISH, MOTHERFUCKER! DO-YOU-SPEAK-IT?
-Jules Winnfield 'Pulp Fiction'
laughing Monkey
Bulldrek Junkie

This thing on? Okay. Hi! I'm Crow T. Robot and I'm here to tell you that Mike Nelson is innocent. Mike Nelson is 200 % f - -ing not guilty. And if you bastards don't goddamn find him innocent, then you can just f - -ing kiss my fat f - -ing ass. And that f - -ing goes for your bulls - - court system, too! Mike, I'm so motherf - -ing sorry I couldn't f - -ing be there for this f - -ing s - -ty really bogus trial, man. But let me goddamn tell ya something, Nelson. If I was there, I'd f - -ing kick everyone's fat stupid motherf - -ing behinds and then cram it up their f - -ing ass. Anyway, Mike, buddy, I hope this s - - helps. Take care, Mike.
~ Crow T. Robot - MST3K
Toon
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Toon »

Everybody lies, but it doesn't matter because nobody listens.
- Nick Diamos
laughing Monkey
Bulldrek Junkie

Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the drug store, but that's just peanuts to space.
~ Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Toon
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Toon »

Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and paints his own nature into his pictures.
- Henry Ward Beecher
Johnny the Bull
Bulldrek Pimp

She had lost the art of conversation but not, unfortunately, the power of speech.
~George Barnard Shaw
No money, no honey
steeltoe1926
Bulldrekker

Post by steeltoe1926 »

How can you govern a country which has 246 varieties of cheese?

Charles De Gaulle
_
Don't go looking for snakes you might find them
Don't turn you'r eyes to the sun you might blind them
Haven't I seen you here before?
No, there ain't no heroes here
Metallica
Toon
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Toon »

Everything to excess. Moderation is for monks.
- Lazarus Long
Gunny
SMITE!™ Grand Master

Post by Gunny »

Gollum: Sneaking? Sneaking? Fat hobbit is always so polite. Sméagol shows them secret ways that nobody else could find, and they say "sneak". Sneak? Very nice friend. Oh, yes, my precious. Very nice, very nice.
Sam: All right all right! You just startled me is all. What were you doing?
Gollum: Sneaking.
Sam & Gollum - 'Lord of the Rings: RoTK'
Toon
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Toon »

Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration.
- Thomas A. Edison
Gunny
SMITE!™ Grand Master

Post by Gunny »

Negative, I am a meat popsicle.
-Korben Dallas 'Fifth Element'
Toon
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Toon »

Eternity's a terrible thought. I mean, where's it all going to end?
- Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business.
-Tom Robbins
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>